Crysis $15, Crysis Warhead $10 - EA STORE Weekend Deal

mokmoof

CAGiversary!
Feedback
121 (100%)
summersale2010_01_690x330.jpg

Crysis - $14.95
Crysis Warhead - $9.95

Please note that these deals WILL NOT stack with RecycleBank codes.

if I have a retail copy of crysis, will digital copy of warhead work with it? I know direct2drive has a lot of stupid problems with mixing retail and downloadable copies...

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']if I have a retail copy of crysis, will digital copy of warhead work with it? I know direct2drive has a lot of stupid problems with mixing retail and downloadable copies...[/QUOTE]

I don't believe you have to have a copy of Crysis at all for Warhead. Warhead is a stand alone expansion.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']if I have a retail copy of crysis, will digital copy of warhead work with it? I know direct2drive has a lot of stupid problems with mixing retail and downloadable copies...[/QUOTE]

I think it should, in fact you can probably register your retail crysis on the EADM to download it later if your disc breaks or anything.

Just an FYI that both games combined were $20 during the Summer Steam Sale two weeks ago, and $13 (combined) during the Xmas Steam Sale. This is a good deal if you can't wait for Steam again though.

Also, for what it's worth, getting these to run on a new computer running Windows 7 64 bit can be a hassle, and no I don't mean graphically. I mean like having the game launch at all, and not launched windowed or crash every time you change any graphical settings.

[quote name='mrsamsa']Are any other games 50% off for the weekend from EA?[/QUOTE]
It looks like a different set of games will be discounted next weekend.

[quote name='Amneisac']Also, for what it's worth, getting these to run on a new computer running Windows 7 64 bit can be a hassle, and no I don't mean graphically. I mean like having the game launch at all, and not launched windowed or crash every time you change any graphical settings.[/QUOTE]

weird, how could they not have a patch for windows 7 compatability?

[quote name='Amneisac']Also, for what it's worth, getting these to run on a new computer running Windows 7 64 bit can be a hassle, and no I don't mean graphically. I mean like having the game launch at all, and not launched windowed or crash every time you change any graphical settings.[/QUOTE]

It must be your pc then. I have a desktop and laptop running Win7 HP 64 bit and don't have any problem playing the original Crysis on either of them. And it ran before I patched it to 1.2.

Weekend 1 (7/15/10 - 7/18/10):
50% off Crysis
50% off Crysis Warhead
Weekend 2 (7/22/10 - 7/25/10):
75% off Mass Effect
40% off Mass Effect 2
40% off Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe
Weekend 3 (7/29/10 - 8/1/1):
50% off Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
50% off Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
50% off Command & Conquer 3: Red Alert 3
75% off Command & Conquer 3: Red Alert 3 Uprising
33% off Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
Weekend 4 (8/5/10 - 8/8/10):
50% off Dead Space
75% off Mirror's Edge
33% off SPORE
33% off Creepy & Cute
33% off Galactic Adventures
Weekend 5 (8/12/10 - 8/15/10):
75% off Burnout Paradise
25% off Need For Speed Shift
50% off Need For Speed Undercover
Weekend 6 (8/19/10 - 8/22/10):
33% off Battlefield Bad Company
50% off Battlefield 2 Complete
Battlefield Bad Company 2 + Battlefield 2 Complete Collection + Medal of Honor Beta Key Bundle ($79.94)
Weekend 7 (8/26/10 - 8/29/10):
33% off Dragon Age: Origins
25% off Dragon Age: Origins Awakening
33% off Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe
40% off Dragon Age: Origins + Awakening Bundle
40% off Dragon Age: Origins Deluxe + Awakening Bundle
Weekend 8 (9/2/10 - 9/5/10):
40% off all PCDD titles

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Weekend 4 (8/5/10 - 8/8/10):
50% off Dead Space[/QUOTE]
Now there's something for me - I hesitated on Dead Space during NewEgg's deal, not knowing that the price change was temporary.

Though this will turn out to be a few dollars more than NewEgg's deal, it's still better than paying $20+ on a game from two years ago.

And a PC port no less.

Strongly recommend Warhead. It's short but the singleplayer experience tops any other FPS these days. I'd also recommend just skipping the original Crysis.

Probably no one will care - but I got Crysis + Crysis Warhead as a $20 pack from D2D last year - I imagine you will be able to find each for $10 or less in the future.

[quote name='mn9500']do they give you a cd key from this download? and can you use that cdkey on steam?[/QUOTE]

No, you use EA's own download manager to install and play the game.

[quote name='panzerfaust'] I'd also recommend just skipping the original Crysis.[/QUOTE]

Why would you recommend that? The original Crysis was and still is a great game!

Any PC gamer who hasn't played either should definitely pick up one of them. Even if you don't like FPS games, the shear beauty and graphical amazement is worth the money alone.

For people that aren't going to play Crysis immediately, you may want to wait for the Crysis pack to be on sale on Steam again. I've seen both Crysis games together on Steam for I think it was $17 during the Christmas sale last year and during the summer sale a couple months ago.

[quote name='chopper731']Why would you recommend that? The original Crysis was and still is a great game!

Any PC gamer who hasn't played either should definitely pick up one of them. Even if you don't like FPS games, the shear beauty and graphical amazement is worth the money alone.[/QUOTE]

Warhead just had much better pacing with the combat. Crysis is still a fine game, but all I'm saying is that if you want to save money and still get the best experience, I'd simply go with Warhead.

I agree, if some reason you only have to choose one, Warhead is the way to go. The singleplayer 'gets to the point,' better than the original so-to-speak and the multiplayer has been refined (still a very small community though).

bread's done
Back