Crysis 2 39.99 Amazon DOTD

Online just makes me wish it was a straight C.o.D. clone (all the weapons/equipment/crazy killstreaks) while still keeping the nanosuit to kick cars into people. So close to overtaking C.o.D.'s online multiplayer mechanics (i.m.o.).

Paid $14.95 with credit I had from Portal 2 and some other left over credit. From what I have read, sounds like it is a great game. What are the opinions here from those who already have it?:bouncy:

Excellent deal - and another reminder that it's good to wait a couple weeks after release. We nearly always see these hit $39.99 on Amazon and elsewhere within a month.

Which is what made EA's release of Bioware's Dragon Age 2 so brilliant - a Signature Edition with a limited pre-buy window - after which, in general, you couldn't get it. And certainly not for $39.99.

Here's hoping no one catches on to EA's scheming...

Hmmmm...MK is sure to be on sale for $40 on Amazon soon. Wait for that or jump on this? Also, I wonder how lively the MP is on PSN (you know, when it was working).

before the whole psn blacout spiel, i was playing this multiplayer online nonstop..

yes, its very similar to cod...but the stealth and the unique perks make this game a lot more skill based and it just feels a lot more fleshed out.

Awesome I'm using my Portal 2 $20 credit on this! Threw a Bluray onto this as well, lol I ordered Serenity Bluray with Portal 2 and now with Crysis 2 I'm grabbing Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist. Both movies I've seen but def good and slap em together for the free shipping!

[quote name='earvcunanan']Is this game good on PS3?[/QUOTE]

Framerate is slightly worse on PS3, like many other third party titles ported to the PS3.....this really annoys me.

So tempting. I have plenty of credit from Amazon to make it cost nothing, but do I really want to add yet another game to my massive backlog? I'll take the day to decide.

[quote name='yokofox33']So tempting. I have plenty of credit from Amazon to make it cost nothing, but do I really want to add yet another game to my massive backlog? I'll take the day to decide.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Crysis trumps backlog and goes right to the front of the queue.

Kinda like Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim - "Front o' the line, guys!"

[quote name='Dougthead']Paid $14.95 with credit I had from Portal 2 and some other left over credit. From what I have read, sounds like it is a great game. What are the opinions here from those who already have it?:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I have beat it and I really like it. When I played through, it was a very enjoyable experience, and it took me 15 hours which makes it a very good length. The multiplayer is very good, but obviously very Call of duty inspired.

[quote name='Dougthead']Paid $14.95 with credit I had from Portal 2 and some other left over credit. From what I have read, sounds like it is a great game. What are the opinions here from those who already have it?:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I second what Ghost Rider said. The campaign is quite long compared to other FPS games out there. Also, you can take many different path ways through the game, you can be stealthy and walk past everyone(although you will be forced to kill some people), you can snipe, or run and gun(which i don't recommend but still up to you). The MP is definitely inspired by CoD with the nano modules(stealth, power and armor) but it's still very different. The only problem I really have with the MP is sometimes it will disconnect if the host quits which doesn't happen often but just letting you know. Aside from that the game is very polished and plays great online.

Tempted but going to hold out. Too many games to play in my backlog. Been really good this year, only buying older games that are sub $20 like Mafia II w/the DLC for $15.

seeing how this game is more active in MP compared to BC2 (according to gamespot's stat tracker), i think the mp is active. im getting this game when its like $20 though lol

Grabbed it at kmart for $40 last week.

Surprised by how much I enjoy it... loved far cry but hated crysis 1.

The MP is pretty meh though from the little I've seen on pc and ps3, balance and connection issues. I don't know anyone who plays it still.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Omg I've been waiting for a PS3 deal for the past few weeks and still nothing!!![/QUOTE]

$40 kmart.

[quote name='Necrozilla']Online just makes me wish it was a straight C.o.D. clone (all the weapons/equipment/crazy killstreaks) while still keeping the nanosuit to kick cars into people. So close to overtaking C.o.D.'s online multiplayer mechanics (i.m.o.).[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?? Why even compare this game to a COD game? It's nothing like COD and thats a good thing. So sick of seeing people compare everything to COD....

The game is awesome for those of you wondering. SP is very lengthy and the MP is good as well. It can get annoying with everyone using cloak, but you get used to it.

[quote name='fujimitsu']$40 kmart.[/QUOTE]

I meant I got the game for $26 with amazon credit and I've been looking for PS3 deals but nothing is getting my attention.. It's like I've played all this year has to offer and by looking at upcoming games nothing I want till end of the year.

ITS MADNESS!

It's a good deal, but the game itself is so dumbed down from Crysis/Crysis Warhead that I think I'm going to wait for a better deal. I'm thinking $20 is what this game is worth. Increasingly, I think most games are worth that. I really wish these developers would piecemeal this stuff out. I have no interest in the MP. If I could buy just the SP for $20-25, I'd have done it by now.

I don't see why they can't do that. Games should offer SP+MP as a bundle, with SP and MP separately for slightly more than the bundle price. There are so many games that with a piecemeal option, I'd have bought the SP already...

Damn tempting, but I've got a couple of games on the shelf to play through and maybe it will be even cheaper by the time I get through them.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']It's a good deal, but the game itself is so dumbed down from Crysis/Crysis Warhead that I think I'm going to wait for a better deal. I'm thinking $20 is what this game is worth. Increasingly, I think most games are worth that. I really wish these developers would piecemeal this stuff out. I have no interest in the MP. If I could buy just the SP for $20-25, I'd have done it by now.

I don't see why they can't do that. Games should offer SP+MP as a bundle, with SP and MP separately for slightly more than the bundle price. There are so many games that with a piecemeal option, I'd have bought the SP already...[/QUOTE]

That means downloadable only games. Blech. As much as I love steam I'm not sure I trust most publishers.

Great SP experience. Beat it on Supersolider (which is very difficult, requires mostly stealth and avoiding conflicts).

However, the games story line is a little confusing and vague (boring at times). AI is pretty solid though. There are not a lot of variety of enemies, but plenty of them to have some good firefights. Weapons are fun, but found myself using the same guns throughout the whole game.

Yes this game is ported unfortunately, so its not as amazing graphically as it could have been. Occasional slow downs when alot is going on in the game.

MP I only tried a little bit, and yet is it very similar to COD. A nice feature is that they have a "noob" room for people only under level 10, so you can get a feel for MP without getting owned by high ranking opponents.

EA is going to have a flash deal on it at some point during the week. Decided to hold off. Have COD and NBA 2k11 to play anyway in the mean time, so I guess I can wait for a bigger price drop.

bought this. I returned the PC version a while back because it was super buggy. Sad because I was able to run it at 60 fps on my computer at max graphics too =(. Hoping this is a bit more stable on the 360 as I did enjoy as far as I could get in the story (it crashed consistently after a certain point so I couldn't get further in the story).

[quote name='MillerTime2523']EA is going to have a flash deal on it at some point during the week. Decided to hold off. Have COD and NBA 2k11 to play anyway in the mean time, so I guess I can wait for a bigger price drop.[/QUOTE]

i really do hope the EA flash deal is 60% off..that would be perfect!!!!!

Nice...picked this up for $30 with the 10 dollar Mortal Kombat coupon. Now I just need WWE All Stars to hit 40 or less.

bread's done
Back