Crysis 2 @ Amazon.com - $49.99 (PS3/360), $51.99 + $15 Credit (PC Game Download)

I'm guessing Crysis 2 PC download probably could be activated on EA Download Manager, like many of their recent EA PC games...?

son of a bitch! i just bought this for the ps3 yest for 54. Not worth the 4 dollar hassle to return/rebuy...you win this time amazon.

I wish I could say Thanks OP, but I can't help but feel like you're somewhat accountable here...

(Just kidding, nice find)

[quote name='Lemarfanz']son of a bitch! i just bought this for the ps3 yest for 54. Not worth the 4 dollar hassle to return/rebuy...you win this time amazon.

I wish I could say Thanks OP, but I can't help but feel like you're somewhat accountable here...

(Just kidding, nice find)[/QUOTE]

if you bought it on amazon and it hasnt shipped yet you can ask for a price adjustment

I'd bite on the PC price if it was the PS3 version. With EA doing all them Insider deals, I think I'm better off just waiting until they offer it for $30-$40.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I'd bite on the PC price if it was the PS3 version. With EA doing all them Insider deals, I think I'm better off just waiting until they offer it for $30-$40.[/QUOTE]

for sure. I'd feel safer spending $39.99 before I bite. As much as I wanna play this game, prices make crazy drops for like a day or two and go back up. I'll wait for $39.99 like Homefront had or an EA deal that beats it.

[quote name='gotdott']if you bought it on amazon and it hasnt shipped yet you can ask for a price adjustment[/QUOTE]
That's what I did.

[quote name='Dranakin']If the credit was offered on the console versions, I'd jump on this.[/QUOTE]

Same! I really want to play the SP now after I've heard so many positive impressions.

Has anyone bought the download version? I was wondering if buying the download version gives you access to the Limited Edition bonuses.

[quote name='MysterD']I'm guessing Crysis 2 PC download probably could be activated on EA Download Manager, like many of their recent EA PC games...?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does. I bought Crysis 2 on Amazon and used the key to download it using EA Download Manager. Absolutely no issues. I'm not sure if it includes the Limited Edition bonuses though.

And as a side note, this game was pretty disappointing IMO. I liked the multiplayer at first but it got stale after about four hours and I haven't touched it since. The single player is pretty standard for an FPS, hampered by really bad enemy AI and a nonsensical story. The nanosuit powers and unusual length (>10 hours) are what makes it stand out. I wish I would have waited for ~$20 price point.

[quote name='Aleman']Yes it does. I bought Crysis 2 on Amazon and used the key to download it using EA Download Manager. Absolutely no issues. I'm not sure if it includes the Limited Edition bonuses though.

And as a side note, this game was pretty disappointing IMO. I liked the multiplayer at first but it got stale after about four hours and I haven't touched it since. The single player is pretty standard for an FPS, hampered by really bad enemy AI and a nonsensical story. The nanosuit powers and unusual length (>10 hours) are what makes it stand out. I wish I would have waited for ~$20 price point.[/QUOTE]

Well on the opposite end of the spectrum, I love Crysis 2 =). The multiplayer feels very different than your standard Call of Duty: Modern World of Black Ops Warfare ;). The strategy behind using power, stealth, and armor adds for an immensely deep experience. I have found that it's a lot easier to get completely surrounded because of the stealth aspect, but that might be because I haven't completely learned the maps yet.

I also didn't find the story nonsensical, but that's just me. The story was the main reason I bought the game. I love post-apocalyptic/apocalyptic fiction so this was right up my alley. I was drawn in the whole time and loved every minute of singleplayer. I'd recommend this game at full price TBH.

[quote name='Aleman']Yes it does. I bought Crysis 2 on Amazon and used the key to download it using EA Download Manager. Absolutely no issues. I'm not sure if it includes the Limited Edition bonuses though.

And as a side note, this game was pretty disappointing IMO. I liked the multiplayer at first but it got stale after about four hours and I haven't touched it since. The single player is pretty standard for an FPS, hampered by really bad enemy AI and a nonsensical story. The nanosuit powers and unusual length (>10 hours) are what makes it stand out. I wish I would have waited for ~$20 price point.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. Got a key off e-bay for $25, glad I didn't pay more. Not a bad game, but the story is non-sense and the AI is brain dead. The gun play is pretty weak too.

I was going to ask what people thought of the game, put it looks like some of you already have!

Any other opinions on the game?

Thanks to those of you who have posted

I got the game this week brand new for 40 bucks (PS3). I was pretty happy with that price point. As for the game, I had pretty high expectations and the game totally surpassed them. First off, the game is just gorgeous. I'm playing it in 3D on a 55 inch Sony LED and the experience is totally immersive. You feel that you're there. I also played the campaign mode of Call of Duty Black ops in 3D and it was OK. But as soon as I fired Crysis 2 and you get the suit and the HUD display on your helmet is activated, I was speechless. The info displayed by the helmet feels like it's literally right there in front of you, floating in mid air, and you can almost touch it. And further in your field of vision, you see your weapon, crystal clear and when you aim down the sights, it's just perfect. I wish black ops looked this good in 3d. The only game that comes close to the 3d experience Crysis offers in killzone 3.

As for the story, I didn't find it nonsensical. I though it was pretty cool that you get to absorb the very thing that makes your enemies powerful and assimilate it in the suit making you, more powerful. The suit powers are awesome and the gun play is a blast.

My favorite thing is popping headshots using the Ranged Scar. A scoped weapon that when you aim and look down the sights, specially in 3D, and you put that thin crosshairs from a distance on the heads of your enemies, makes you feel like the freaking weapon is actually in your hands.

And I loved that they kept the Call of Duty control scheme intact. From minute 1, I was able run, melee, crouch, shoot and evade baddies effortlessly, without even thinking, and without having to get used to a whole new control scheme. COD Is the most popular shooter on the planet whether you like it or not. I hate it when games like killzone try to go all rebel and different on you just for the sake of it and switch how crouching or aiming work unnecessarily, just to go against the mainstream. Playing FPS games is like driving. Why do some fucking developers like to make me learn how to drive all over again just to play their game?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing the MP for a bit and I'm slowly getting used to it. The maps are a bit harder to remember as I don't even remember the names of them yet. The lag is still a bit of an issue as many times the host would have 4 bars, and many of the other players would be at 1 or 2 bars. I have yet to get host yet so I don't know how much of a disadvantage I have. Not knowing the maps makes it difficult as someone said earlier, I find myself shooting at an enemy in front of me and then getting shot in the back. The stealth takes some getting used to in the game...

The only complaint I have thus far is the controls for the grenades. Don't like double tapping Y in order to pull out my grenade. But then again with Stealth and Power armor, they kind of ran out of buttons.

I say don't buy at this price point, i got it for this price at bestbuy and this game definitely isn't worth it at all. Mp is laggy as hell, and the single player has some bugs. its a perfect rental though

bread's done
Back