Crysis 2 Collectors Edition (for $200?)

seether254

CAGiversary!
(didnt see any previous posts on this, but if there are me bad! :D)

crysis_thumb.jpg

apparently this thing is gona set some people back $200 big ones, i love Crysis but dont know if i can justify this one. Oh and yes for my fellow collectors out there the game is apparently in some kind of special zipper case that is around the steelbook.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/14337-crysis-2-collectors-edition-features-nanosuit-backpack-could-be-200/

Compared to LBP giving you book/game holders, a plushie and a ton of costumes for only $20 more this looks like such a rip off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't bother me its a repost or not- First I've heard of it. And, no- No way I would pay that- $100 is about my limit when it comes to collectors editions, unless it just blows me away.

I think the most important issue is that it's not even available for preorder yet, regardless of price it doesn't do much good to post this in the deals thread when all you can do is stare at it.

[quote name='legendarydogs']It has already been posted. I think the backpack looks cool though.[/QUOTE]

oh...that's what it is...i thought it was a "bullet proof vest" or something so those digital 3D bullet bullets won't kill you :lol:

[quote name='eastshore4']I think the most important issue is that it's not even available for preorder yet, regardless of price it doesn't do much good to post this in the deals thread when all you can do is stare at it.[/QUOTE]

Agree and on top of that, the game doesn't even have a firm release date (last I heard, it might get pushed from Holiday 2010 to early 2011) and there is zero confirmation this will be released in the US. This leak was from a European website which has since pulled the picture and story.

omfg that is not called for... these CE/LE releases are getting more and more clutterrific...

I want to see an episode of "Hoarders" where they have some crazy gamerguy that has boxes and just shit everywhere from all the Collector Editions they purchased..\

You know if that backpack thing was a CamelBak it might actually have some real world value.

[quote name='gomikeoh']Cag in training.

Of course you would post this.[/QUOTE]

If your saying that i think this is a deal then your way off. Just think people ought to know that an sequel to an awesome game is going to have one hell of an expensive collectors edition.

[quote name='bojay1997']Agree and on top of that, the game doesn't even have a firm release date (last I heard, it might get pushed from Holiday 2010 to early 2011) and there is zero confirmation this will be released in the US. This leak was from a European website which has since pulled the picture and story.[/QUOTE]

November 23rd 2010 is the release date for the game (not the collectors edition tho) according to amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Crysis-2-Playstation-3/dp/B002BRZ6UE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279931419&sr=8-2

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Eh, I've spend $200 on Collector's Editions for Bemani games, so this ain't no thang, really.[/QUOTE]What was their domestic retail price?

This crap drives me nuts. I remember a day when a collector's edition was no more than an extra $10 and what you got was around maybe $6-$10 to produce. They sold these as fan service for people dedicated to the game/series/company, not to make ridiculous amounts of money. Most of these $20 upsell CE are overproduced and probably have $3-$5 worth of content. This one is just obnoxious.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']That backpack better be bulletproof.[/QUOTE]

Bullet proof? Not likely. Get laid proof on the other hand...

[quote name='dallow']What was their domestic retail price?[/QUOTE]

In Japan? Not much less. Though, the Special Edition market in Japan is an entirely different beast from here in the USA.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Bullet proof? Not likely. Get laid proof on the other hand...[/QUOTE]
laughed so hard when i read that

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']In Japan? Not much less. Though, the Special Edition market in Japan is an entirely different beast from here in the USA.[/QUOTE]
The Konamistyle editions of their games pretty much always have a hefty premium tag but I personally can't recall many others that are that extreme.

This is an EXTREME collectors edition. It will require an annual salary of one million dollars to afford. ONE MILLION DOLLARS. Woooooooooooow.

Lol @ the people that buy this piece of shit. Crysis 1 was such a mediocre game.

I think so many people overlook that fact simply because they were like "THIS GAME BRINGS MY RIG TO ITS KNEES LIKE IT'S A VIETNAMESE TRANSVESTITE HOOKER. AWESOMEAWESOMEAWESOME!."

[quote name='petersa1d']There was a thread about this a week ago. But like i said, don't waste your money on this crap. WAY to overpriced[/QUOTE]

Especially for a game thats going to be worth about 20 bucks. Crytek has never made a good game really.

I might be more enticing though if the figures looked cool, but that suit is just really kind of a cliche generic scifi thing thats been done a hundred times in different movies and games.

[quote name='redshadow']I think so many people overlook that fact simply because they were like "THIS GAME BRINGS MY RIG TO ITS KNEES LIKE IT'S A VIETNAMESE TRANSVESTITE HOOKER. AWESOMEAWESOMEAWESOME!."[/QUOTE]

Actually that is the only reason crysis was ever popular among anyone is they would brag out their pc running it and such. The fact of the matter was and is, crysis wasnt that much of a hogs leg. The reason it made pcs bog down so much was poor coding and poor optimization. After they released like the first big patch performance on the game went up like 30% just because of a patch, I downloaded a custom optimization patch and it doubled the games performance for me. Just like everyone talked about awesome doom3 and how it brought their pcs to their knees, well I downloaded a optimization patch and went from crap performance to a incredible increase and it suddenly ran like a champ back in the day at max settings. Crysis runs like shit on alot of computers because the game wasnt debugged, it wasnt optimized and overall half assed.

[quote name='gargus']
Actually that is the only reason crysis was ever popular among anyone is they would brag out their pc running it and such. The fact of the matter was and is, crysis wasnt that much of a hogs leg. The reason it made pcs bog down so much was poor coding and poor optimization. After they released like the first big patch performance on the game went up like 30% just because of a patch, I downloaded a custom optimization patch and it doubled the games performance for me. Just like everyone talked about awesome doom3 and how it brought their pcs to their knees, well I downloaded a optimization patch and went from crap performance to a incredible increase and it suddenly ran like a champ back in the day at max settings. Crysis runs like shit on alot of computers because the game wasnt debugged, it wasnt optimized and overall half assed.[/QUOTE]

This right here.

Also the zipper over the steelbook = badass.

If I can get this for $100~ I'll get it.

[quote name='redshadow']Lol @ the people that buy this piece of shit. Crysis 1 was such a mediocre game.

I think so many people overlook that fact simply because they were like "THIS GAME BRINGS MY RIG TO ITS KNEES LIKE IT'S A VIETNAMESE TRANSVESTITE HOOKER. AWESOMEAWESOMEAWESOME!."[/QUOTE]

I never actually played the first one, but I started thinking about it recently and realized that's was pretty much all I heard about it. I don't recall anyone ever saying they actually enjoyed the game.

If the figures are nicely built i would pay 100.00 for it. Like everybody is saying what the game is/what it will be worth it simply is not worth 149.99 not ALONE 199.99. I think they are just seeing how much they can suck out of this one

[quote name='redshadow']Lol @ the people that buy this piece of shit. Crysis 1 was such a mediocre game.

"[/QUOTE]

Is it really? After E3 it made it seem that this game was a blackops killer and what not. I haven't played the 1st one but all I heard from it was that it was very good graphic wise

I personally loved Crysis. Few FPS games have brought anything new to the market for a while and it was a fresh experience to be a believable badass as opposed to the Call of Duty "Even though I'm only wearing kevlar I can kill hundreds of guys no sweat"

[quote name='petersa1d']Is it really? After E3 it made it seem that this game was a blackops killer and what not. I haven't played the 1st one but all I heard from it was that it was very good graphic wise[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rainking187']I never actually played the first one, but I started thinking about it recently and realized that's was pretty much all I heard about it. I don't recall anyone ever saying they actually enjoyed the game.[/QUOTE]

Neither of you have had an opportunity to sit down and put a few minutes in on this game? Kinda shocking, considering how many people still use Crysis as a benchmark for graphics, and consolers generally (on other message boards I read, at least) continue to say "WE WANT CRYSIS!" I'm almost interested to know if any people that have posted that they want Crysis on consoles have even touched the game.

I basically built my rig for this game, and imagine how stupid I felt when the thing turned out to be trash. At least I could go back to WoW at 200+ FPS though.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I personally loved Crysis. Few FPS games have brought anything new to the market for a while and it was a fresh experience to be a believable badass as opposed to the Call of Duty "Even though I'm only wearing kevlar I can kill hundreds of guys no sweat"[/QUOTE]

Nano suit that makes you have super strength, super speed, or invisibility is believable? WHOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

[quote name='redshadow']Nano suit that makes you have super strength, super speed, or invisibility is believable? WHOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAA.[/QUOTE]

My point being thatin Bad Company, Call of Duty, Red Faction Guerilla, Borderlands and so many other FPS games you're just an everyman, but you're not an everyman. You're a mother fucking tank who takes 15+ bullets to take you down (Insane modes not withstanding) whereas in Crysis, you've got the suit and even with that you're far from unstoppable even on some of the lower difficulties.

[quote name='Mako1215']This right here.

Also the zipper over the steelbook = badass.

If I can get this for $100~ I'll get it.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably about the same. I don't really care for the extras though. A flimsy and tacky backpack and some questionably artistic figurines aren't worth another $100. Ideally, there'd be a scaled down cheaper version, much like what they do with Halo.

Here is the thing that no one seems to be thinking about. How many of these are they making? Thing is if they make millions of them its probaly a lot cheaper to produce since you are ordering in bulk and thus you can lower the price. It also means gamers would feel they are not TRUELY getting a collectors item and thus the price should not be high. If however this is more like the Uncharted 2 package that was put out and only a few 1,000 or 10,000 are made then the $200 price point suddenly makes more sense.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Here is the thing that no one seems to be thinking about. How many of these are they making? Thing is if they make millions of them its probaly a lot cheaper to produce since you are ordering in bulk and thus you can lower the price. It also means gamers would feel they are not TRUELY getting a collectors item and thus the price should not be high. If however this is more like the Uncharted 2 package that was put out and only a few 1,000 or 10,000 are made then the $200 price point suddenly makes more sense.[/QUOTE]
Off-topic: Your username makes me think of the motherboard in my computer.

Back on topic: This thing seems a bit excessive for a sequel to a game that was mediocre. Granted, it has some interesting stuff, but is any of it really needed? I mean, is anyone really going to walk around wearing that backpack at anything beyond perhaps Comic-Con?

bread's done
Back