Crysis 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info

LordKefka06

CAGiversary!
Crysis-2-000.jpg

Links:
Videos:

3107.crysis2.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know if this is true or not but somewhere on the internet I saw where the PS3 version was getting A LOT more feature than the 360 and PC version because of the BluRay capabilities. Or maybe it will be like Dante's Inferno , which the PS3 version had bonuses and stuff. I hope so :p

Let's hope the game itself is good, I love Sci-Fi games. Glad to hear the PS3 is finally getting the attention it deserves.

I'm glad that they said something about the PS3 version of this game. Its hard to get excited about the game's graphics and the CryEngine(3) thinking that it won't look any better than the 360 version.

Comes out tomorrow.

1st impression: CRYSIS 2 demo is very disappointing. i think it was a good idea with pretty bad execution. the graphics arent that great (and the maker said they would be amazing), the gameplay isnt what i expected in terms of shooting and the fluidity, the nanosuit is a cool iddea like i said, but a lil jumbled and clumsy in the multiplayer demo. there isnt much use to armor when ur gettin shot and the invisibility is more for snipin/creepin style.

overall: ok not only was the crysis 2 demo disappointing it was an epic fail. it was closed within 24 hours because the servers didnt work. when i played the demo it wasnt good either, like i mentioned. the graphics that were supposed to be "the greatest ever seen" were as good as MAG, just as good as homefront, definitely not as good as KZ3. the nanosuit is totally hyped, the power runs out in 10 seconds when invisible or armor. the aiming and shooting wasnt that impressive. i know its not CoD but i mean idk, i just didnt really like it and i wanted to know how others felt. now it seems i might not know until its release if someones daring enough to buy it. imagine releasing (a week before release) and ending a demo within 24 hours cuz servers didnt work and the game is bein released tomorrow.

has anyone preordered it or pickin up tomorrow?

Crysis multiplayer was never very good before either, it's just hard to make the nanosuit fit into everything. Hopefully the single player will be good but I would have my doubts with the current switch to consoles.

Warhead was one of the better single player FPSs of our time.

how would vanquish MP work with the slow down? not every game needs MP. vanquish was one of them.

as for crysis, the demo blew ass. the SP being good is highly doubtful

[quote name='8bitArtist']how would vanquish MP work with the slow down? not every game needs MP. vanquish was one of them.

as for crysis, the demo blew ass. the SP being good is highly doubtful[/QUOTE]

Without slowdown you have yourself a very fun fast paced mutli.

Don't tell me it would have been better w/o multi because we seen what happened with uncharted 2 a game that def didn't need a mutli but had one that turned out to be awesome.

oh i enjoyed the u2 MP no doubt, but platinum isnt naughty dog. slowdown is what helped vanquish with targeting. without that, everyone would just be camping and sliding everywhere. doesnt really sound that fun imo.

I was severely let down by the Crysis 2 demo. All it was, was Call of Duty with a nanosuit. Now I loved the original Crysis's multiplayer (too bad no one ever played it). It offered a different experience that I found really fun.

Also I have no hope for the singleplayer. The whole thing about Crysis that I loved what the whole openness of it. I loved how I could take many approaches to handle a group of guards since the world was open to many different situations, it looks like that's not the case here.

yeah and the nanosuit wasnt even that useful. id like to know how the full game mp is though, cuz the demo was so shortlived.

does anyone have it yet?

[quote name='chrislisting']
does anyone have it yet?[/QUOTE]

I do. Been enjoying the MP since this morning.

I'm enjoying it so far.

I happen to have a significant other which gets creeped out by any robot/electronic voice so I toggle the powers as often as possible. :lol:

Crysis 2 most definitely feels like a PC game retro-fitted for consoles and I fully expect anyone approaching it with a console-focused FPS mindset to kinda not like it.

Hmm...perhaps the better way to put that is if someone comes into the experience with a console FPS mindset and doesn't use/abuse the various suit powers in favor of playing it more like the standard fare then you'll be a bit bewildered by the level design and the mechanics. (the suit is the fucking linchpin and the powers are where the fun is at)

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']I'm enjoying it so far.

I happen to have a significant other which gets creeped out by any robot/electronic voice so I toggle the powers as often as possible. :lol:

Crysis 2 most definitely feels like a PC game retro-fitted for consoles and I fully expect anyone approaching it with a console-focused FPS mindset to kinda not like it.

Hmm...perhaps the better way to put that is if someone comes into the experience with a console FPS mindset and doesn't use/abuse the various suit powers in favor of playing it more like the standard fare then you'll be a bit bewildered by the level design and the mechanics. (the suit is the fucking linchpin and the powers are where the fun is at)[/QUOTE]

Do you need an online code/pass to play multi?

I was just planning to rent it.

i dont want a shit demo to ruin my impression cuz i was really lookin forward to this game for a while....can you talk about the gameplay and nanosuit mechanics a bit more? like maybe examples of how the suit is utilized or how you use it yourself...? thanks

It's gotten pretty high scores, so I assume the demo isn't a good representation. It's not the first time demos have sucked. The Dead Space demo was bad enough that I thought the game itself was horrible. I didn't play through it until recently and the demo was NOTHING like the actual game.

As an aside, what in the flying fuck is with developers not letting you use the PS3's triggers as triggers? They are janky...I get it...but at least let me use them to shoot/ironsight.

I'm installing right now, and excited to play especially after seeing some youtube clips the game looks like a blast and something different from the war shooters.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!! Thats why i always switch l1/r1 to l2/r2 if can such as Default AULT in black ops or toggle r1/l1 to l2/r2 in kz3 so i can use triggers....i was actually thinkin about buyin the gioteck hf-1 just for that

It really doesn't bother me to use the L1/R1 for the trigger at all. Maybe I'm just use to it

I played the first two levels and really enjoying the openness and different routes you can take to complete the levels. The city looks beautiful and massive, with the buildings towering over you.
Played a few mp and really enjoying it. It's definitely different in a good way, and I'm still get used to all the menus and unlocking weapons and perks. I reallying enjoying the cloaking abilities and brings a whole new element to the game and brings back memories of the predator movie.

so anything anyone might want to say about the game? i want to get it, but id like to hear about it first since the demo showed me nothing.

[quote name='chrislisting']so anything anyone might want to say about the game? i want to get it, but id like to hear about it first since the demo showed me nothing.[/QUOTE]
Yea the Demo was very meh but a lot of people have been saying its good

[quote name='chrislisting']so anything anyone might want to say about the game? i want to get it, but id like to hear about it first since the demo showed me nothing.[/QUOTE]

I played some mp today and gotta say it was a little underwhelming. The suit powers are cool as are the upgrades but the shooting mechanics are lacking imo.

I was only able to play team deathmatch because the other modes are locked until you reach a certain level. Really hope the regular soldiers vs nanosuit soldiers mode is worth keeping the game for, as I cant really see myself playing the other standard modes that every other fps has done to death.

twice born, thats exactly what i thought about the demo. the shooting mechanics and main gameplay bein kinda bad. like i said in the beginning in the OP, i thought the idea was cool of the nanosuit, but poorly executed.

i wanna hear more about how the suit performs and adds to the game play cuz the shooting itself was no big deal.

crysis 2 = cod: future warfare

industry standard-fare fps, companies are just crapping these out now (thanks infinity ward)

you get just about the same perks from cod in this, steady aim, quick reload, higher damage tolerance, radar jammer. you even get the 3-5-7 killstreaks.

oh and you get something very special; the cloak. i hate it. you can argue you can run around with your infrared on to negate it, but its those smartasses who are cloaked n crouched behind some heat generating place.

what sucks is to unlock the no nanosuit perk having "classic mode" is lvl 28, i dont think i'll keep this game long enough to reach that lvl. back to gamefly it'll go.

I'm intrigued by this game but just going to stick with Killzone 3 for now...I've read elsewhere on the internet (amazon customer reviews) that for all the eye candy this game is supposed to offer that the framerate, pop-up, and even texture flickering are all prevalent.

I guess I should play this first and am speaking out my ass by saying this, but I feel like Crysis 2 is something new (on consoles) and has flown under the hype radar and that is why it has scored so well. Seems like regurgitated fare with shiny new paint. Already own plenty of these games and KZ3's smooth gameplay and excellent visuals are impressive enough.

I'll pass.

[quote name='pLaYeRiTo']crysis 2 = cod: future warfare
[/QUOTE]

That was my exact impression from the demo.

The jumping, etc. was interesting but not enough to warrant a purchase at this point -shrug-

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']As an aside, what in the flying fuck is with developers not letting you use the PS3's triggers as triggers? They are janky...I get it...but at least let me use them to shoot/ironsight.[/QUOTE]
check out the NYKO RAVEN controller, triggers are for ADS/firing, i just got one

bread's done
Back