Crysis 2 (PS3/Xbox) $53.99 + $10 credit at Amazon

and this is what I was waiting for; It seems to be a epidemic with new releases having a price drop on within the first few days.... which really sucks

Why didn't this get a damn 15 or 20 $ credit though!!! Oh well, I guess with this it's actually a wash anyway haha

[quote name='fishphoenix']Apparently the PC download version has $15 credit.[/QUOTE]
Ah yep it does. Thanks.

Edit. Nevermind they just removed it. Now $10 credit with the PC version though.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Wait a second....this had a $20 credit yesterday....Glad I took a screenshot of it when I ordered it.[/QUOTE]
Huh? I think it was only $10 :)

I ordered earlier today... Contacted Amazon CS to see if I could get the lower price since my order hasn't even left the warehouse yet.

I am really sorry for the confusion everyone, I was mistaking this for Portal 2 since for me they both run together. Both FPS, both really a PC game but also on console. Again, I am sorry for all the confusion. I was confused myself for a few minutes. I even called amazon and while I was talking to the rep I was like....oops I feel like a fool.

Well, Amazon refunded me $6 since I ordered earlier today at the $59.99 price point. No need to go anywhere else but Amazon.

[quote name='jr1016']I wonder if I order this now and they'll send out the LE.[/QUOTE]

what you talking about? did they have same deal with this game as bulletstorm where all orders were the special edition?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bajingo']what you talking about? did they have same deal with this game as bulletstorm where all orders were the special edition?[/QUOTE]
Yeah it's another bs "Limited Edition". I'm sure all the copies currently available are the limited edition. It has Bonus XP, a unique platinum dog tag (in game), a weapon attachment, and a SCAR weapon skin.

weird. thats kind of lame. thanks though i might bite now if its still available after work, gamefly has been sitting with no games shipped for 3 days.

Just for the multi-platformers out there, this game looks terrible on 360 compared to the PS3 version. Both look terrible compared to PC, but if you had a choice of consoles, just beware.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Just for the multi-platformers out there, this game looks terrible on 360 compared to the PS3 version. Both look terrible compared to PC, but if you had a choice of consoles, just beware.[/QUOTE]

Funny you say that because I've been reading that the xbox 360 version looks better than the ps3 one.

I tried to get the price difference back from amazon chat. Man, i never have any luck with them. They said no because the item already shipped, and he said they can only do it if the price difference was $20 or more. I told them that thier pre-order price guarantee is useless considering today is release day and you can still get the $10 pre-order credit.

Does anyone have any better luck using email or calling, because chatting with them never works for me.

Is this worth getting right away or should I wait? The reviews look fantastic, as does the game. I'm just wondering if this will be on sale for $40 a month from now like a lot of games have done recently.

[quote name='fishphoenix']Is this worth getting right away or should I wait? The reviews look fantastic, as does the game. I'm just wondering if this will be on sale for $40 a month from now like a lot of games have done recently.[/QUOTE]

With the price drop and credit, it's effectively 40$ already

Got my 6$ back as well.

[quote name='thetruth1983']Funny you say that because I've been reading that the xbox 360 version looks better than the ps3 one.[/QUOTE]

Where are you reading this? Apparently the demo and release versions are completely different. The 360 demo was a lot better, yes but retail is a different story. I've only played the demo though, so just going w/ what I've read about retail.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Where are you reading this? Apparently the demo and release versions are completely different. The 360 demo was a lot better, yes but retail is a different story. I've only played the demo though, so just going w/ what I've read about retail.[/QUOTE]
Read the IGN PS3 review. they deducted a point from the graphics of the PS3 version and say this:
The PS3 version of Crysis 2 has particular idiosyncracies. After playing both console versions, and playing through the same set of levels multiple times on both consoles, it became clear to a number of editors at IGN that the PS3 version is lacking somewhat in comparison to the 360 version of the game. The game still looks great on PS3, but the framerate is less consistent, the resolution is lower (in the neighborhood of 10% lower than the Xbox 360 release), and certain graphical effects and some lighting appear dialed back. In layman's terms, there are more jagged edges in the PS3 version of the game, and things get choppy more often than its 360 counterpart, which hurts controller response. The 360 is not immune to this, it just doesn't happen as often.

Edit: Ok I see. Here's the Lens of Truth RETAIL VERSION comparison shots: http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2hea...head-crysis-2-retail-screenshot-comparison/3/

[quote name='ShockandAww']Read the IGN PS3 review. they deducted a point from the graphics of the PS3 version and say this:
The PS3 version of Crysis 2 has particular idiosyncracies. After playing both console versions, and playing through the same set of levels multiple times on both consoles, it became clear to a number of editors at IGN that the PS3 version is lacking somewhat in comparison to the 360 version of the game. The game still looks great on PS3, but the framerate is less consistent, the resolution is lower (in the neighborhood of 10% lower than the Xbox 360 release), and certain graphical effects and some lighting appear dialed back. In layman's terms, there are more jagged edges in the PS3 version of the game, and things get choppy more often than its 360 counterpart, which hurts controller response. The 360 is not immune to this, it just doesn't happen as often.

Seems pretty shady that some say one is better than another and others are disagreeing and saying the exact opposite. Did some play different versions? Like some base it off of the beta some off the retail? If that's the case should they not state it in reviews?[/QUOTE]

That's because fanbois suck :lol:

PC for me, need to work over my ATI 6870 :bouncy:

[quote name='stoned99']With the price drop and credit, it's effectively 40$ already

Got my 6$ back as well.[/QUOTE]

Did you order it today or last night? I pre-ordered mine late last night and kind of pissed they would go and pull this move.

$43.99 for a new release game is pretty good. I was going to wait for this to drop to ~$45 before picking it up, but looks like I won't have to.

And I don't wanna sound like a jerk here, but hey were all CAG's right, but why is the PC version more expensive than the 360 and PS3? Even though its only a few dollars... I hope Amazon gets some QQ about this and does a price adjust for PC.

Us PC guys are used to getting things cheaper than consoles; same price fine, but more expensive? Hmm....

*Edit* Talking with a customer service rep right now to try and get the PC price the same as consoles.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Did you order it today or last night? I pre-ordered mine late last night and kind of pissed they would go and pull this move.[/QUOTE]

Today

[quote name='fishphoenix']And I don't wanna sound like a jerk here, but hey were all CAG's right, but why is the PC version more expensive than the 360 and PS3? Even though its only a few dollars... I hope Amazon gets some QQ about this and does a price adjust for PC.

Us PC guys are used to getting things cheaper than consoles; same price fine, but more expensive? Hmm....

*Edit* Talking with a customer service rep right now to try and get the PC price the same as consoles.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to say because PC bootleg the game 2 months prior lol

Wow, I love Amazon so much. The customer service rep took $10 off my order bringing it to $46.99 (and I still get $10 future credit on top of that!)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Read the IGN PS3 review. they deducted a point from the graphics of the PS3 version and say this:

Edit: Ok I see. Here's the Lens of Truth RETAIL VERSION comparison shots: http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2hea...head-crysis-2-retail-screenshot-comparison/3/[/QUOTE]

Weird, I checked the screen shots and personally preferred the 360, but the vote is for PS3.

[quote name='stoned99']Weird, I checked the screen shots and personally preferred the 360, but the vote is for PS3.[/QUOTE]
fanboys. I like my PS3 more but it's pretty clear that the Xbox version looks better.

was going to pass on this game untill it gets around 30, but after the reviews and a possible 20 gc off retail, if amazon price matches, would get me to bite. Sent off a PM to wallmart.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']I tried to get the price difference back from amazon chat. Man, i never have any luck with them. They said no because the item already shipped, and he said they can only do it if the price difference was $20 or more. I told them that thier pre-order price guarantee is useless considering today is release day and you can still get the $10 pre-order credit.

Does anyone have any better luck using email or calling, because chatting with them never works for me.[/QUOTE]

Just refuse delivery on that copy and order it now at this price with credit then if they will not work with you.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Did you order it today or last night? I pre-ordered mine late last night and kind of pissed they would go and pull this move.[/QUOTE]
If you preordered from Amazon you should be getting refunded for the price difference. They have a pre-order price guarantee. from their site:
Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

And it should be automatic. In the terms it says this:If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before the end of the day of the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact Customer Service.

bread's done
Back