Crystal Quest now available in Xbox Live Arcade

And I am #1.

cq7tk.jpg

Bring it.

Yes, the game is a blast.

Think Robotron meets Bubbles.

Not terribly difficult at the default setting. Crank it up to 10 and you've got yourself a game. (You'll have to in order to place on the leaderboards.)

I'm still #1, and I've unlocked all the achievements. BEHOLD MY MIGHT. (Until the Robotron players come along and wipe me off the boards again.)

Pretty good for a game that's only been available for four hours. :lol:

I love Crystal Quest, I used to play this all the time on Mac Plusses and SE's at school. All they need now is Net Trek, Lode Runner, and Risk, and the collection will be complete.

I can't really get into it... does it get harder as it progresses, for those who own the final version?

[quote name='Brak']I can't really get into it... does it get harder as it progresses, for those who own the final version?[/QUOTE]

I didn't find it challenging until stage 28 on default difficulty.
Notch it up to ten and it gets hard right away.

I'm no longer #1. :roll:

I wound up buying it with 400 points I had burning a hole in my... proverbial pocket.

It's actually pretty fun once you get past the awkward stages (bahaha!).

I love this game. It helps me forget about how badly I suck at Robotron.

For $5, this game was a no-brainer purchase for me.

I really enjoy this game as well. Save your points on the add-on packs however.
They make the game harder by giving the crystals and mines the same appearence.
I do recommend the Xtreme pack to those who enjoy punishment.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']I really enjoy this game as well. Save your points on the add-on packs however.
They make the game harder by giving the crystals and mines the same appearence.
I do recommend the Xtreme pack to those who enjoy punishment.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy all the add-on packs? I'm definitely going to buy the Xtreme pack, but one of the audio/visual packs sounded intriguing to me (can't remember what it was).

[quote name='shipwreck']Did you buy all the add-on packs? I'm definitely going to buy the Xtreme pack, but one of the audio/visual packs sounded intriguing to me (can't remember what it was).[/QUOTE]

Was it the sketchy / drawing one, or whatever? Where it looks like a draftsman drew it.

That's the one I had my eye on.

[quote name='Brak']Was it the sketchy / drawing one, or whatever? Where it looks like a draftsman drew it.

That's the one I had my eye on.[/QUOTE]

That would be the one.

Sorry for the quality, I'm literally taking pictures of the television.

Here's Nano:

xray8su.jpg

And here's Sketch:

pencil8ju.jpg

Hope that helps. I still prefer to play on the original graphics settings.

[quote name='shipwreck']I love this game. It helps me forget about how badly I suck at Robotron.

For $5, this game was a no-brainer purchase for me.[/quote] I just noticed this game and for $5 it's also a no-brainer for me. It's so addictive and for once I feel like the achievements are reachable with practice.

[quote name='AshesofWake']hhahahh i just bough this game last night, at around the 28th wave i realized you can SHOOT! :rofl: wow im an idiot.[/quote]

It took me until about the 25th wave or so to realize that the bomb icons wouldn't hurt me and that in fact I wanted to collect them!

bread's done
Back