Crystal White Vita & LE Hatsune Miku Edition coming in June to Japan

[quote name='slidecage']system is flopping in japan so spend more money on a new casting mold LOL stupid sony[/QUOTE]depends on if the games are system sellers. Over the last 12 months I've seen several Japan only PSP titles that have led the weekly sales charts so if they bundle it correctly it'll sell. They just need monster hunter for PSV & that'll move 2 million by itself. In US they're gonna need 3-5 more titles along the lines of AC, GOW, GTA...even a GT version would become a GH.

[quote name='Enuf']depends on if the games are system sellers. Over the last 12 months I've seen several Japan only PSP titles that have led the weekly sales charts so if they bundle it correctly it'll sell. They just need monster hunter for PSV & that'll move 2 million by itself. In US they're gonna need 3-5 more titles along the lines of AC, GOW, GTA...even a GT version would become a GH.[/QUOTE]

That seems incredibly optimistic considering the series' next big installment has already been announced on competing hardware that is less expensive and that already has an established Monster Hunter player base.

On-topic: that white model's nice, but I'd prefer more color diversity.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Twilight Sparkle']That seems incredibly optimistic considering the series' next big installment has already been announced on competing hardware that is less expensive and that already has an established Monster Hunter player base.[/QUOTE]The Monster Hunter franchise has sold around 20 million copies mostly on PSP. The PSP still has weeks where a Japan only game releases & leads all sales for the week + the title will have legs. So a game with the pedigree as Monster Hunter should be considered a system seller based of merit. If it were to release worldwide around the holidays & be bundled it'll pass 750,000 copies in the 1st 2 weeks & 1.3 million by years end. By the time it reaches GH status it'll have passed 2 million LTD. Now this is all moot until Monster Hunter is announced though.

bread's done
Back