Culdcept $19.99 Used @ EB

PittsburghAfterDark

CAGiversary!
This is more a collectors game than a gamers game but still, it's worth mentioning. Culdcept is still going for $39.99 new (It's original list price.) if you can find it at Gamestop or EB. Gamestop is still selling it used for $34.99. For some reason though EB has dropped the used price to $19.99. The game is already out of print and had an extremely limited print run. If I had to guess I'd say >30,000 of the U.S. version exist. You're going to have to make some calls on this one to fine an EB that has it, the website is back ordered. I found one in perfect almost new condition by sheer dumb luck. It still had the sticker seal on the top that had been sliced right down the middle, the book was never touched and the disc had one slight scratch on it. I'm guessing whoever originally bought it thought it was going to be like Final Fantasy instead of a board/card game. Oh well, their loss, my gain. :lol:

[quote name='darkwingduck13']I can't find a mention of Culdcept at all on EB's site.[/quote]

it was up there earlier, but it must've been removed. I just looked, no reference to it at all on EBGames.com.

I heard it was really good. Very interesting. It sort of sucks games like that one and Wrath Unleashed have no online play. I think communities and online play would really add to the replay value.

ya your right about the shipping.

its 2.99 more per item.

that sucks

i really hate stores that charge for shipping

i would just pay 2 bucks more and just get the game from gamestop.

I have this game. Its like a cross between Monopoly and Magic: The Gathering. You build a deck of cards, with great artwork I might add, while playing the game. When you land on an empty space, you can place one of your cards there, or pass. If you land on an occupied space, you can pay the toll or battle the monster there in an effort to take the space. I would highly recommend this game. It is a limited production, so if you're interested, I'd suggest you grab it while you can. The artwork on the Medussa card is something else. You'll know what I mean when you collect it, lol. The game retails for $39.99 and is worth every penny IMO.

bump, I saw this and jumped for joy, well not quite. They had one more, i may pick it up just in case since the game rocks. :)

This is more a collectors game than a gamers game but still, it's worth mentioning.

Dunno what you mean by that, but I consider this my best-spent $40 in a LONG time. An extremely addictive game that I'm sure I'll be playing for quite a while. I agree that online play would have been nice, but it still gets popped in nearly every time I have friends over. I've been saying it for months on various boards, but grab this game while you can. By the time ppl realize what they've missed, you'll be paying double for it on Ebay. ;)

I was about to post this as well, I just picked up a copy at B&M EB store for $19.99, I can't believe they have *4* of them too.

If anyone knows of any EBs down in Miami that has this in stock please pm me immediately. I will greatly appreciate it.

I picked up a mint copy today for $19 and some change, using my EB Edge card. Someone had torn the plastic off of the game, but never opened it, so it went back on the shelf as used. Needless to say, I grabbed it quickly, and went home happy. Thanks for the heads up! :D

Jeremy Dunham from IGN mentioned that this would be reprinted but he never did give a date. I went ahead and picked it up from other's recommentdations (one of those being argyle, I'm fatty77 on IGN) just to make sure I could get a copy. It's still sealed so if I could pick up another for around $17 then I'm there.

Just bought a copy at my local EB. They only had 2 left at the culter ridge mall.

Great find guys.

When I went to check out the girl at the counter kept asking me if that was the only thing I wanted and it was so annoying. She kept asking if I was sure if that was all I wanted. I hate stuff like that, but I was nice cause she was a girl. I really wanted to tell her "yeah there are a lot of games that I would like, but I'm a cheapass and I'm not going to pay those high prices."

bread's done
Back