Culdcept Saga (360) $9.99 at BB B&M - YMMV

jkanownik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was checking prices yesterday at Best Buy and they had Culdcept Saga for $9.99. The $9.99 was printed out on one of the dividers like all of their other prices, so it seemed like it was a nationwide price and not a one store clearance price. Until someone else confirms it I'd still say it is YMMV.

They had 4-5 copies at the Porter Ranch, CA store.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it for 20$. I love the game and really haven't ever been into card games. I highly recommend this game even though the computer is a cheating bitch

I love, love, love Culdcept Saga. It was on my list of the top 10 360 games of 2008.

Yeah, the computer is a cheating bitch, but getting your ass beat and then creating a new deck built around a specific strategy to beat it is goddamn amazing.

Any way of finding out if this is some sale price or an actual price drop on the game? $10 is a sweet price for this game. I got the demo and played it a bunch.

I've heard good things. How long does it take to learn? I tried the demo and it seemed fun, but I just didn't invest the time to learn all the cards/strategy. Can you save in the middle of a game? Or do I have to invest an hour/two to one session?

Such an incredible deal if you can get in on it... the achievements will take you forever to get, but other than that it's an amazing game.

It was marked for $9.99 and scanned for that amount at my Best Buy. The only thing, the sticker said "Clearance" on it. So this is probably like Ninja Reflex (Wii) at Best Buy. That game is on the national clearance schedule at BB but each store has a different price. For example, I've seen it for $5.99, $7.99, and $17.99 depending on the location. And note this is different from the clearances at Best Buy where the cashier has to manually adjust the price. These will ring up for the clearance amount without requiring an adjustment, it's just that the amount may be different at each BB.

[quote name='LuisRM']I've heard good things. How long does it take to learn? I tried the demo and it seemed fun, but I just didn't invest the time to learn all the cards/strategy. Can you save in the middle of a game? Or do I have to invest an hour/two to one session?[/quote]

I haven't really played Saga yet, but on PS2 version, you could save mid-match. You would lose the stat tracking (shows you a graph at the end of the match), but you could suspend the game.

Yeah, I think this is clearance - there's no listing for the game on the website, and thus no way to check in-store stock without going in or calling.

[quote name='LuisRM']I've heard good things. How long does it take to learn? I tried the demo and it seemed fun, but I just didn't invest the time to learn all the cards/strategy. Can you save in the middle of a game? Or do I have to invest an hour/two to one session?[/QUOTE]

Yes. You don't get any extra cards as a reward though.

Join us suckers on Live who eagerly paid full price for this. We can instill round limits or whatever for those who can't play 2+ hours.

We are a small community and we are always eager for new blood! Not all of us are jerks online, we can try and teach anything you need.

Beware goblin/neutral decks if you go online. Pack cards that kill neutrals, like Banishing Ray.

I paid full price for this. I would do it again. This is one of maybe 4 series of games I don't wait for a discount on!

Damn you OP! I've been eyeing this game forever and now I have to go out hunting again...they just keep pulling me back in I swear!

Damn right the CPU is a cheating bitch. They have like a 5/6 chance of landing on any of you're devestating monsters and yet somehow always roll that one number that lands them on a weak territory. Only way to avoid that is to monopolize all properties. Love the PS2 version, but it got way too difficult.

Just called my local BB's and they don't have it in their computers. Now I don't know if I should go check anyways or just let it be.

No luck at my local BB. All out. They did have a half off section. Quantum of Solace CE, Madden XX CE were the only "highlights".

Played the demo when it was released and it was pretty good. But I doubt i have the time to play this if i get it.

I still have my old Xbox sealed Culdcept Saga that I still haven't tried, is there any reason I should keep it or should I get the 360 version? Is it the same game just updated with online play?

$10 is a definite steal. I'm loving the $10 Xbox 360 sales lately at Best Buy. I wish they would make it a weekly staple. If so, I think they'd do rather well for themselves and avoid a Circuit City type situation, though I doubt they make much money selling them at that price. Probably just getting rid of back stock.

Aaand I come back empty handed. Hit up three Best Buys on the way home from work. None of them even had the little plastic divider for the game. At the last Best Buy I asked the CSR for an inventory check, and the closest one was in Fullerton with 1 copy left, which she said was doubtful was still there.

For people in OC, I hit up the BBs at the Tustin Marketplace, The District, and South Coast Plaza.

Yeah, if your BB doesn't have it in stock be sure to ask an associate to check if any of the other local stores have it. That will save you a trip and hopefully point you in the right direction.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Just called my local BB's and they don't have it in their computers. Now I don't know if I should go check anyways or just let it be.[/QUOTE]

Check because if you just spoke to the sales op and not the department odds are they just checked the website which it hasn't been on in a while.

Hopefully the copy I've been debating on for a while is still there and will be $10 but seems pretty slim. If they don't I just checked and it's only $20 on Amazon now so might grab it from there since I have been wanting it.

[quote name='cag1000']I still have my old Xbox sealed Culdcept Saga that I still haven't tried, is there any reason I should keep it or should I get the 360 version? Is it the same game just updated with online play?[/QUOTE]

Culdcept never came out on XBox it was a PS2 title.

[quote name='LuisRM']No luck at my local BB. All out. They did have a half off section. Quantum of Solace CE, Madden XX CE were the only "highlights".[/QUOTE]

Was Quantum of Solace just for 360 or did you see if it was for PS3 too? Half off is what, $35?

[quote name='rainking187']Was Quantum of Solace just for 360 or did you see if it was for PS3 too? Half off is what, $35?[/quote]

I just saw it for 360. It was $30 for the CE after the discount.

I came in here to make sure everyone knows this is a great game, but it looks like I was beaten to it.

i hope theres more left at the porter ranch store.... maybe i will go there today! any other video game deals there?

No luck at the Maple Grove MN store, either. I was able to get a copy of Viva Pinata 2 for $15, and The Simpsoms Game for $5. They had a bunch of stuff marked down 50% off, including Endwar collectors for PS3, Guitar Hero DS, and Advance Wars Days of Ruin for the DS.

Thanks for posting this. I called the Norwalk, CT store and they said they didn't have it. I went there anyway and found 1 copy mixed in a mess below the many copies of COD. Got it for $10.59 with tax. Thanks again.

[quote name='memex']Thanks for posting this. I called the Norwalk, CT store and they said they didn't have it. I went there anyway and found 1 copy mixed in a mess below the many copies of COD. Got it for $10.59 with tax. Thanks again.[/quote]

Damn, I was there earlier last week and their stock showed none were in the store.

If anyone lives near the BB in Yonkers, NY they show 3 in stock according to a search through their system from my local store. And if any CAG does score one there, please pick an extra up for me in return for helping you find one! I'll pay cost plus shipping. :) Or I'll trade a game for it...

[quote name='memex']Thanks for posting this. I called the Norwalk, CT store and they said they didn't have it. I went there anyway and found 1 copy mixed in a mess below the many copies of COD. Got it for $10.59 with tax. Thanks again.[/quote]

Hmm, heard its an ok game. I will check my area for it. what COD game was there??

Good thing I didn't bother to check it out. I was at CC yesterday and it's like a zoo, nothing good and full of people.

bread's done
Back