Cum on my OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='craven_fiend']There's a blast from the past.

Yeah, I think SaucyJack may have in fact been dying, not really sure. I'm sure a scorch siting can confirm or deny that. Dude was a class act on Live.
Not clue on Moxio.[/QUOTE]

I remember Jaket from some Xbox Live sports game league.

As for Saucy Jack, he did have some sort of illness that I believe was terminal. I recall Scorch saying that he spoke to him on the phone or something, but that was a loooong time ago. Saucy Jack was an awesome guy, though.

[quote name='Matt Young']I remember Jaket from some Xbox Live sports game league.

As for Saucy Jack, he did have some sort of illness that I believe was terminal. I recall Scorch saying that he spoke to him on the phone or something, but that was a loooong time ago. Saucy Jack was an awesome guy, though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Matt. I remember running into you on there in a random middle of the night Halo 2 game and saying something along the lines of "It's Matt Young from CAG". Very random.

Indeed... and I don't know if we've ever played a game together since. But last I heard, you've been spending your time working and doing the family thing, which is good.

[quote name='Matt Young']Indeed... and I don't know if we've ever played a game together since. But last I heard, you've been spending your time working and doing the family thing, which is good.[/QUOTE]

Less work and more family. Damn shitty job market and no degree.

So (one of) my employer(s) took ~$350 from me over the course of the year and put it into this mutual fund, or something, for, I think, a retirement plan of some sorts.

What form do I put that on, and can I get any deductions from it? I'm going to be pissed if I end up owing money instead of getting some back.

The way it appears on my pay check is that my total earned, at the full hourly rate, is listed. Then, under the taxes and deductions section, medicare is taken out, then withholding, and then this "money purchase plan."

Damn, if I file independently, I'll get a shit ton of money back, but if I file as a dependent, I'll owe a lot.

I need to figure out which I fall under.

True. We were thinking about purchasing a cheap kite at walmart, or something, but we decided on renting a canoe. The weather is so nice outside. :D

[quote name='Liquid 2']Damn, if I file independently, I'll get a shit ton of money back, but if I file as a dependent, I'll owe a lot.

I need to figure out which I fall under.[/QUOTE]

You're a dependent.

You're a full-time student and you're under the age of 25.

Plus your parents are more than likely claiming you as such on their taxes.

Man Discovery gets the shittiest narrators for the coolest programs. That Life show that is coming out soon is narrated by Oprah fucking Winfrey. I don't know who the BBC got, probably better than we're getting.

Ya, that's something you'll need to check with your parents about. It really sucks, but basically your parents end up profiting on you until you graduate from undergrad. I just became independent last year.

don't buy things at walmart, mayne!

mak, have you tried takis? they are so great. i'll do that if you'd like, just pm me your address again.
p.s. you might not like them if you get ulcers easily.

[quote name='JolietJake']Man Discovery gets the shittiest narrators for the coolest programs. That Life show that is coming out soon is narrated by Oprah fucking Winfrey. I don't know who the BBC got, probably better than we're getting.[/QUOTE]
Probably Attenborough again. Hopefully the BBC version comes out on DVD, like Planet Earth did.

I refer to Discovery Channel as the "Dirty Jobs Channel". It's all they fuucking air.

-

I bought yesterday's TeeFury shirt - (a Jason mask with Ziggy Stardust makeup) - and now I want to buy today's, too. :bomb:

[quote name='Jaket']hands in the air if you remember me[/QUOTE]

I bought something from you 5 years ago from the olden days of the OTT.

~~~

Well I am going to attempt to make Yorkshire Puddings for a Sunday Roast today. I hope I don't fuck them up.

[quote name='Rocko']Probably Attenborough again. Hopefully the BBC version comes out on DVD, like Planet Earth did.[/QUOTE]
I hope so, i don't know why they redo the narrations anyway.

[quote name='tiredfornow']True. We were thinking about purchasing a cheap kite at walmart, or something, but we decided on renting a canoe. The weather is so nice outside. :D[/QUOTE]Fly a kite on the canoe. :cool:

[quote name='manthing']You're a dependent.

You're a full-time student and you're under the age of 25.

Plus your parents are more than likely claiming you as such on their taxes.[/QUOTE]I'm super close to paying for half of my expenses though. We'll need to look at the numbers more closely.

But yeah, my dad was telling me he gets a nice fat credit for me being a student. I'm just going to be :pist: if I actually have to shell out and pay for taxes, and I still have that retirement plan money to figure out.

Girlfriend wants to go see Metric at the end of the month in LA. Upon researching it, tickets are $30.50 each for Metric and a couple of bands I've never heard of. Boofuckingurns.

[quote name='JolietJake']Man Discovery gets the shittiest narrators for the coolest programs. That Life show that is coming out soon is narrated by Oprah fucking Winfrey. I don't know who the BBC got, probably better than we're getting.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rocko']Probably Attenborough again. Hopefully the BBC version comes out on DVD, like Planet Earth did.[/QUOTE]

From Wikipedia:
Life is produced by the BBC Natural History Unit in association with the Discovery Channel, Skai TV and the Open University. The original script, used in the British and Canadian versions of the series, was written and narrated by David Attenborough. In the USA, the series will be shown in an 11-part run beginning in March 2010, with narration by Oprah Winfrey.[3]

[quote name='JolietJake']I hope so, i don't know why they redo the narrations anyway.[/QUOTE]

Because they rightly assume that Americans won't watch educational stuff unless someone famous (from movies or TV) is attached. Nevermind that Attenborough kicks everyone in the history of narration's ass.

After fees, they're $42 each. Granted, they're headlining that night, but they're playing an all day festival show that also includes Far for $20 less the next day in San Diego.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']From Wikipedia:
Life is produced by the BBC Natural History Unit in association with the Discovery Channel, Skai TV and the Open University. The original script, used in the British and Canadian versions of the series, was written and narrated by David Attenborough. In the USA, the series will be shown in an 11-part run beginning in March 2010, with narration by Oprah Winfrey.[3]

Because they rightly assume that Americans won't watch educational stuff unless someone famous (from movies or TV) is attached. Nevermind that Attenborough kicks everyone in the history of narration's ass.[/QUOTE]
Ugh, that figures. What made them think of Oprah is beyond me. I guess Dr. Phil was busy?

I'm getting close to finishing up Lego RB and I don't know if I want to pay to export the songs or not.

On a related note, despite the fact that Rock Band Green Day makes my blood boil, I feel like I'll end up buying it anyway since I have a lot of GS and YF360G credit.

[quote name='Rocko']
On a related note, despite the fact that Rock Band Green Day makes my blood boil, I feel like I'll end up buying it anyway since I have a lot of GS and YF360G credit.[/QUOTE]

Buy MLB 2K10 for me

Hey Rocko, will you just go to the menu to see if you can export the songs? I select purchase, then get an error.

[quote name='munch']Hey Rocko, will you just go to the menu to see if you can export the songs? I select purchase, then get an error.[/QUOTE]

I did this Friday night and it worked fine.

If it matters, the exact order I did things in was as follows:
(1) Entered 1600 points code on live.xbox.com, to make sure I had enough balance to pay the 800 points.
(2) Went to the rockband.com/lego-export site and used the code from the manual. they gave me the xbl code.
(3) input the code from website on the xbox 360 dashboard. it prompted me to download the lego RB export license or something like that (i did).
(4) booted up LEGO RB. Went into the menu, did export, purchase, and Live popped up the confirm 800 points dialogue. I did and it downloaded 1.29gb worth of data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back