Cup noodle surprize?

swerv

CAGiversary!
So I was shopping on Play Asia the other day wondering whether I should import Populous DS or wait for the UK release, in the end I just ordered some DS accessories and of course some Asian candy and cup noodles.

My order arrived and I go for the noodles first and under the lid I saw this.

cuptn2.jpg

cuptn1.jpg

Click for full size

Did I win an impressive amount of monies or (almost as good) a free cup noodle?

HAHAHA someone probably already used the promo code and won your prize, probably getting to dress up as a giant monster and smash a scale model of Tokyo downtown.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']That'd be Chinese, my friend.[/quote]

While I'm familiar with the characters, another way to discern it's Chinese is the HK at the end of the URL, swerv.

Well, the 9 with the character after it represents 10% off (more accurate to say pay 90%).

Thanks for the help guys, I won't be bothering collecting that one then, but I just opened another one today for lunch and this one is another winning lid, but this time it clearly has HK$1,000 on it.

Which is definitely worth claiming! It's about £65. There is an 8 digit number which could be the claim number so I'll blank that out.

Pics incoming.

Now I just need to work out how to claim it :) When I go to the news and promotions part of the website it asks for username and password, Need to know how to register! http://www.nissinfoods.com.hk/06_login/06_registration.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='swerv']Thanks for the help guys, I won't be bothering collecting that one then, but I just opened another one today for lunch and this one is another winning lid, but this time it clearly has HK$1,000 on it.

Which is definitely worth claiming! It's about £65. There is an 8 digit number which could be the claim number so I'll blank that out.

Pics incoming.

Now I just need to work out how to claim it :) When I go to the news and promotions part of the website it asks for username and password, Need to know how to register! http://www.nissinfoods.com.hk/06_login/06_registration.aspx[/quote]

Babble Fish is God.

Forgot about babelfish, been messing with Firefox plug ins and add on translators most of the afternoon. Thanks :)

The saga continues...

Managed to make an account, unfortunately I think the info I need to read on how to claim the prize is on a adobeflash pop up window and therefore I can't use babelfish to translate it :/

Tried sending an email to nissin foods but I don't hold up much hope. Oh well, the noodles tasted good anyway.

Anyone in China want to buy a HK$1,000 prize cup noodle lid for HK$900? :p

[quote name='help1']pics nao.[/quote]

Sorry, brother had borrowed my camera.

Here we go. I think you have to actually send the lid to claim the prize, the 8 digit number number on the lid isn't a unique code or anything, it appears on their website, maybe a phone number?

cpsmall.jpg

Bigger image here.

Nissinfoods did reply to an email I first sent them about 4 days ago about the first winning lid. So hopefully they may help with the more recent email I sent them about this winning lid.

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your support and enquiry of Cup Noodles Promotion.

The Cup Noodles promotion prize as follow:

1.Grand prize (with 50winners) that $3,000 prepaid card and other coupon
s
2.Entertainment coupons
a) Sport b) cinema c) ice-cream house

In your case, you have won the Marathon sport / Gigasports with 10%
discount coupon. The expiry date of coupon should be from 1 May to 30
Nov 08.

Should you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us on
3406 6688.

Best regards,
Winnie Wong
Marketing Department
Nissin Foods Co. Ltd.
So it looks like the prize won't be cash but a coupon for one of the shops in the promotion, Gigasports or Marathon Sports. Would prefer it to be with Nissinfoods, HK$1000 worth of Ramen would be nice.

bread's done
Back