Current Gen Hack & Slashers

Cornfedwb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I've recently gone on a kick of the top down hack and slash games ala Baldur's Gate.. question is am I missing any from this list?

Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2
Champions of Norrath
Champions: Return to Arms
D&D Heroes

Gauntlet Dark Legacy
X-Men Legends
Bards Tale
Untold Legends
Forgotten Realms- Demon Stone.

PC
Diablo II + LOD
Divine Divinity
Beyond Divinity
Sacred
Sacred: Underworld

Thats a few.

I dont think Dynasty Warriors falls into that category , but Untold Legends does as well as Hunter: The Reckoning & Redeemer

Hunter I'd be iffy on.. it doesn't really have the same feel, its more of a top-down action game than a top-down hack'n'slash rpg.

I just played a game in the arcades made by SNK I've never seen before. It was a Samurai Hack n' Slash but it came out in 2001. Sorry I can't tell you the name, it was in Japanese. I doubt if it came out for a console.

Onimusha is kinda hack'n'slashy but it's just one player

the ones in your original post are the best anyway, so if you don't have those yet you should be good for a while.

[quote name='Over easy']Final Fantasy: CC and Four Swords Adventure?[/QUOTE]

Great idea but not convenient, you gotta have a GBA and the Gamecube link cable for each person. No something that will catch on in the states.

Not out yet, but Gauntlet 7 Sorrows should be out pretty soon (this Fall I think). I think I am one of the few people to really enjoy Gauntlet Dark Legacy.

[quote name='Trakan']That's more action/adventure than hack 'n slash.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I guess so but I sure as hell hacked and slashed my way through... but you do have to figure out strategies and stuff after the first few levels or you will die.

Shining Soul 1 and 2, 2 is pretty good 1 is just ok, i've only played them 1 player but I bet they rock with more than one person. they are rather similar to diablo.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Guess I really should have thought longer, I did miss quite a few. But I'm looking for multiplayer console versions.[/QUOTE]

Playing with the wife?

I am about to get back to that. My wife and I played through both Baldurs gates this past winter and it was a blast.

[quote name='Snake2715']Playing with the wife?

I am about to get back to that. My wife and I played through both Baldurs gates this past winter and it was a blast.[/QUOTE]

Actually no, she simply refuses to play much at all anymore. So I have my TV when I want to play games and she has hers to watch her fill of Lifetime, TLC and Discovery Health channel.

A buddy of mine was over and we started playing through D&D Heroes that I had gotten from a deal here many moons ago and we decided to go through all of them.

[quote name='Snake2715']Playing with the wife?

I am about to get back to that. My wife and I played through both Baldurs gates this past winter and it was a blast.[/QUOTE]

My wife and I played through Dark Alliance 1 and 2 and Gauntlet (and Dynasty Warriors 4). PLaying X0men right now, though we haven't played it in like 3 weeks :(

bread's done
Back