Current State of Crysis and UT3 Multiplayer

rumarudrathas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was going down my list of Steam games, and I forgot that I had entered my UT3 key on there a couple of months ago. Rather than installing/downloading it myself and wasting time in doing so, I'm wondering what's the current state of UT3 is online from those currently playing it? Are there a sizable group of people still playing online or whatnot? Any must-have mods if I do reinstall the game?

And while I was on Steam, I noticed the special that they were running on Crysis. Is there still a sizable online population for that game too?

In the past, I've been a ravenous TF2 player, and my current MP fix on the PC is being met with some L4D action, but I've been craving for some really visceral FPS action.

On a related note, I did find my old UT2k4 Install discs (man, I should have gotten the DVD version, but the CD version was on a ridiculous sale a couple of years ago), and from what I've heard, that has a bigger online presence than UT3... is that true?

Oh, while I'm here killing off my break, Far Cry 2 on the PC; how's the multiplayer on that currently? I had it installed a couple of months ago, but from what I saw on the MP side, well lets just say the SP was a more enjoyable experience, since I didn't have to wait around for 10 minutes to find a populated game.

Crysis still has a pretty big following, I don't dig the MP much but it gets the job done.

As for UT3, there's usually only 2-4 servers with a decent amount of people for any game mode, some of the less popular ones never being filled.

UT2K4 does have a larger community than UT3.

Far Cry 2 still has a few people, enough worth playing. I don't like the multiplayer much though.

I believe I remember hearing that Crysis had a lot of hackers/aimbotters. I never jumped into a game to find out for myself, as the game barely runs for me.

A lot of people rag on UT3, but I think it's a lot of fun. But if there's nobody online, you may as well stick with UT2k4.

[quote name='f0rk']www.quakelive.com
better mp than all of the games you mentioned, for free.[/QUOTE]

fuck, I love that game, and I play it from time to time. Problem is, the online competition is just unreal (no pun intended). When I was younger, I could have stood a chance, but this aging, alcohol-laden body just lack the "twitch" needed to be awesome at that game.

And while I'm back here, I also played Battlefield heroes, which isn't bad also. but the quality of matches are pretty schizophrenic, and I'll leave it at that.

You should install UT3 to use the mod renegadeX I think thats it. It's a MP mod, and it's a remake of C&C renegade. Looks awesome actually.

Unreal Tournament 3 itself is quite a lot of fun. That is, if you can find a decent amount of people playing.

But once 12 vs 12 Warfare is set up, you can play on for hours.

bread's done
Back