Current trade in value of DS

nsdcx

CAGiversary!
My original DS's touch screen have become very unresponsive as of late. It's so bad I can't play Elite Beat Agents anymore. I was wondering where I could get the most money or credit for it. It is the old one, but it should still be worth something right?

Definitely not at Gamestop. I checked months and months ago and the guy told me $40. And just as recently as last week, my local GS was still selling scratched-to-hell used DS fat systems for 100 bucks.

It seems original DS systems in good condition seem to be selling for about 80 or so dollars +shipping at eBay. However, if your's isn't working properly, this may not be an option.

[quote name='nsdcx']My original DS's touch screen have become very unresponsive as of late. It's so bad I can't play Elite Beat Agents anymore. I was wondering where I could get the most money or credit for it. It is the old one, but it should still be worth something right?[/quote]

Sounds like a rather assholish plan to me.

I'd probably just trade it in.

If they don't test it thoroughly enough fuck them. They'll get burned when the customer brings it back to exchange it, so only they are out anything and its hard to feel sorry for them when they'll probably give you $40 for it and sell it for $100 as mentioned above.

Still techincally "unethical" I suppose, but it's an ethical hurdle I'd have no problem jumping over.

I wouldn't sell it on ebay etc. You're just asking for hassle when it doesn't work well enough, for fucking over some unwitting gamer that will think that's just how responsive the touch screen normally is.

Geez people, I didn't see (or read into it) that the OP was going to not disclose the bad screen. They were just asking for advice where he/she could get the most given the condition.

Sounds like Ebay is the way to go.

[quote name='bob330i']Geez people, I didn't see (or read into it) that the OP was going to not disclose the bad screen. They were just asking for advice where he/she could get the most given the condition.

Sounds like Ebay is the way to go.[/QUOTE]

I second the former, but not the latter... If eBay is at $50 you should check your eBay costs, if its more than a few dollars just dropping it off at a Gamestop might be worth the time savings.

bread's done
Back