[CURRENTLY DEAD] Free month of Xbox Live Gold tutorial for ANY silver account! (Valid and functional payment method and Xbox 360 console needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Gideon68 for sharing that info. It sounded promising in the beginning, however when trying to access it at this moment, for me, it gives me an error code after I select "No thanks" (8C210007), which is specifically related to acquiring this trial month of Gold. I think CodeTrader might be right in what he said above me.
I was having problems getting it to work, but I didn't get the same error. I think it was related to the credit card I had on file. I changed it to another credit card and it seemed to work now.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/xbox-live/error-code-8c21-0007

Make sure you all set it to not auto-renew. :)

Related to the discovery shared by Gideon68, I'd want to hear from somebody who knows for sure he's used up the 3 trial months of Gold on his console (1 trial month for 3 different accounts created on the console) and is using, for this, an account which has had Gold before (more than once). As it stands, I am still getting error 8C210007 upon selecting continue at the trial month screen. My billing and payment method information is correct as I can purchase paid content on XBL just fine and just to be sure, I added another payment method, but the same error persisted. The other options either for 1 month, 3 months or 12 months of paid Gold membership load up just fine. It's just the free trial month option that won't load up (after the background changes to black). This behavior simply leads me to believe that one is not eligible for this if he meets some or all of the criteria I mentioned in the first sentence, unless somebody can clearly claim otherwise.

The same error for me.

Tried deleting all mi payment methods and my account is locked for purchases due to my billing address. D:

I'd like to ask anyone who posts that Gideon68's method worked for them to mention if they have used up the 3 months of XBL Gold trial associated to their console (as in created 3 different accounts on the console and for each of them, they accepted the free trial month of Gold offer upon signing up). Another aspect to note is that I tried using a fresh US account without a payment option on file and the same error popped up (8C210007); although when selecting one of the paid options over there (for 1 month, 3 months or 12 months of Gold), it then prompted me to add a payment method to my account in order to continue and it should do the same after I press "Continue" for the trial month of Gold. Therefore, it is irrelevant if your payment method is working or not or if you even have one tied to your account, if you get an error straight away after hitting "Continue", which I do and I know for sure I used up my 3 months of XBL trial Gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to ask anyone who posts that Gideon68's method worked for them to mention if they have used up the 3 months of XBL Gold trial associated to their console (as in created 3 different accounts on the console and for each of them, they accepted the free trial month of Gold offer upon signing up). Another aspect to note is that I tried using a fresh US account without a payment option on file and the same error popped up (8C210007); although when selecting one of the paid options over there (for 1 month, 3 months or 12 months of Gold), it then prompted me to add a payment method to my account in order to continue and it should do the same after I press "Continue" for the trial month of Gold. Therefore, it is irrelevant if your payment method is working or not or if you even have one tied to your account, if you get an error straight away after hitting "Continue", which I do and I know for sure I used up my 3 months of XBL trial Gold.
If it gives you any information UB:

1. The free month worked for me.

2. I only have 1 account on my xbox.

3. I am unsure if I've used this magical "3 months" yet. (I know that I've used one of them, though)

To my great surprise, just today, that tile which was showing "Gold Members Got $460 in Free Games." now changed for me to "Try Gold for Free - Exclusive Offer Just for You". I select it, then it shows me straight out that I can benefit from a TRIAL month of Gold; I accept, it brings up the "Confirm Purchase" window; everything looks fine, the price is free, the gold lasts for a month, it says the next bill will occur in a month for $9.99, the title of the window being "Gold - 1 Month FREE Trial", I feel really happy about this and then I actually press on "Confirm Purchase" aaaaaaand............. mere seconds after that, the window just disappears without doing anything... and I have a valid and functional payment method on my account too; without one, it would just give me an error after pressing on "Confirm Purchase". Tried multiple times as well, but that window would always disappear... What a kick in the balls...

Another thing to note is that it clearly says that it is a TRIAL month of Gold in the "Confirm Purchase" window, unlike the previous method, where it would just say "Gold - 1 Month". So I'm thinking that, once again, it won't work if the account you're using has had Gold before.

To my great surprise, just today, that tile which was showing "Gold Members Got $460 in Free Games." now changed for me to "Try Gold for Free - Exclusive Offer Just for You". I select it, then it shows me straight out that I can benefit from a TRIAL month of Gold; I accept, it brings up the "Confirm Purchase" window; everything looks fine, the price is free, the gold lasts for a month, it says the next bill will occur in a month for $9.99, the title of the window being "Gold - 1 Month FREE Trial", I feel really happy about this and then I actually press on "Confirm Purchase" aaaaaaand............. mere seconds after that, the window just disappears without doing anything... and I have a valid and functional payment method on my account too; without one, it would just give me an error after pressing on "Confirm Purchase". Tried multiple times as well, but that window would always disappear... What a kick in the balls...

Another thing to note is that it clearly says that it is a TRIAL month of Gold in the "Confirm Purchase" window, unlike the previous method, where it would just say "Gold - 1 Month". So I'm thinking that, once again, it won't work if the account you're using has had Gold before.
I couldn't see the tile you are talking about

The same error for me. Tried deleting all mi payment methods and my account is locked for purchases due to my billing address. D:
Have you managed to fix this problem? The exact same thing has happened to me. :wall:

The same error for me. Tried deleting all mi payment methods and my account is locked for purchases due to my billing address. D:
Just try to wait for a week and try to add your payment instrument again; it might be a temporary thing from probably trying too many times to get it and the transaction (it's a transaction even if it's free) failed every time, which triggered the anti-fraud system on XBL. If you're lucky enough, like I said earlier, it can sort out by itself in a week. But do not attempt to do anything that relates to managing or using payment instruments (at all). No purchases, no adding, editing or deleting of payment methods.

So, despite saying that it's a trial month, I was just able to successfully get the second february games for gold free, no issues. Kinda weird, but what the heck.

So, despite saying that it's a trial month, I was just able to successfully get the second february games for gold free, no issues. Kinda weird, but what the heck.
Yeah, you can get the games with gold freebies with 30-day trials or higher. :)

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/games-with-gold

What if I am on a 30-day Xbox Live Gold credit card trial?

You're eligible. You must have a current Xbox Live Gold membership or an Xbox Live Gold trial that requires a credit card.
All the Games With Gold freebies are up now.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Sniper-Elite-V2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802464f07e8?DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Brothers/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802584112a5?cid=SLink&DownloadType=Game#LiveZone

http://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/IDARB/13e6deb3-7ad2-498a-b5ec-6f35d2d7c6e8

Hey guys I couldn't get this to work on the xbox dashboard but got it to work on the xbox live website. Tomb Raider here I come..........7 GB later

Due to waiting long enough for an equally useful alternative to this method and it not having been found, I shall lock this thread to prevent it from getting pointlessly bumped.

If you really want Gold on an account, but NOT your main account, check out my thread about creating fresh US accounts and applying a one month trial of Gold on them and the possible uses you may find upon doing that. I have updated that thread after this method became impossible to perform, though it didn't get much attention, despite its usefulness, in my opinion. The link to it is below:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/326996-currently-working-free-month-of-xbl-gold-for-fresh-us-accounts-only/

Finally, I thank everybody for their kind words to me when this method was working and I am very happy to have shared it with you all. Last but not least, huge thanks to Sparky56p for sharing this method in the first place; he is a member of Hackforums, Se7ensins and CAG as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back