Currently Playing / General Gaming Talk Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing R6 Vegas online and forgot the controls since it's been awhile since I've played.

Being the genius I am, I hit the circle button thinking I'd switch guns, instead I blow up my whole team :lol:

[quote name='whoknows']I was playing R6 Vegas online and forgot the controls since it's been awhile since I've played.

Being the genius I am, I hit the circle button thinking I'd switch guns, instead I blow up my whole team :lol:[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

hmmm.... maybe when I can get some more money in my account, I'll pick up R6 vegas. but there's so much more that the 360 offers that I want right now.... It's such a hard decision.

[quote name='Apossum']if I could buy one DS game tomorrow, what should it be? (recommend anything but FF3, EBA, Phoenix Wright, or Castlevania.)

I'm leaning heavily towards Planet Puzzle League...[/quote]

Puzzle Quest?

I was looking at Luminous Arc, myself, but I'm gonna hold off on that one.

[quote name='ighosty']anyone else not looking forward to college starting back up (at least from my gaming prespective). Going to be hard this sememster with all these good games coming out :([/QUOTE]I'm mostly looking forward to going back to college because I'm freaking bored right now. All I have to do is play video games, since most of my friends moved away or live near my college. I'm only taking one class, but it's senior design, which I MUST pass. I dunno, 2007 is not as big as last year for me, but that's because I'm a big RPG gamer, and last year was a dream come true with almost all my favorite RPG series getting a new installment (Wild Arms, a few Tales, Suikoden, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy Atelier Iris, etc.), and a few games finally coming stateside (like a Summon Night).

Played a little Resistance last night. Not too many from CAG were on. :(

[quote name='mr ryles']I almost bought puzzle quest on the DS, but then the news came out that it was coming to xbox live arcade. Xbox always wins.[/quote]

Yeah but you won't be able to play the XBLA version on the can will you ??

Puzzle Quest while taking a dump FTW !!

Im looking to pick up a new monitor/TV. I would like to get something around 37' and hopefully take the place of my TV monitor and my TV.

Any suggestions?

Got Tales of The Abyss in the mail today. Says one of the stupidest things I've read on the back of a game box. Innovative Camera Angles!!! SWEET!!!

playing oblivion some more... doing all the deadra quests... I got all them done last night except the last one which will take some time but the reward is oh so worth it.

I got lucky today--

Tetris DS
Advance Wars DS
Electroplankton

total: $44.

all cart only, but I'm gonna order manuals and cases from nintendo for them...bringing it to about $51.50

[quote name='Apossum']
all cart only, but I'm gonna order manuals and cases from nintendo for them...bringing it to about $51.50[/QUOTE]
Whoa, they do that?

That's not even a bad price at all for 3 sets (especially Electroplankton).

[quote name='SL4IN']I haven't seen electroplankton since we sold our only copy of the game store I work at.[/QUOTE]Same, I haven't seen the copy sitting on a stores shelf for quite a while. I'll admit I didn't look carefully, but it has been a while.

Looks like I won't be on my 360 until Saturday, because I packed it up, then I found out now I'm not moving until Friday. :(

No Persona 3 for me today either, because I had to cancel the preorder due to moving and some family issue right now. :( I hope I see it at Gamestop on Friday.

I just played a few PSN games today, like Blast Factor and Super Stardust HD. Before packing up my 360, I tried Hexic 2 (not bad), bit I only have 400 points to spend.

About to play MGS Portable Ops after I eat.

[quote name='zewone']Whoa, they do that?

That's not even a bad price at all for 3 sets (especially Electroplankton).[/QUOTE]

yep, $1.25 for manuals, $1 a case (or $4 for 5), but no insert art.

on a side note, persona 3 is all screwed up on my PS3...weird. gonna try playing without upscaling...

Finished chapter 3 of Gears finally. Hope to go through 4 tonight...maybe. I gotta just finish the campaign on easy at least. :p

Playing Bioshock and Madden 08. This is the year developers really start knowing what to do with the hardware. Madden runs extremelly well and Bioshock is easily the best game on Xbox 360 hands down. So awesome.

Can't decide if I should keep playing Metroid Prime, then 2, and then 3, or throw down full price for Persona 3 and start in on that one. Tough decisions due to too little time for gaming.

[quote name='botticus']Can't decide if I should keep playing Metroid Prime, then 2, and then 3, or throw down full price for Persona 3 and start in on that one. Tough decisions due to too little time for gaming.[/QUOTE]
I'd suggest you get P3 so you don't get burnt out on the Prime games for when MP3 comes out.

I WILL NOT buy persona 3.

Been burned by that damn series too many times. I can see the appeal, but Neither Persona, Persona 2, Nocturne, or DDS got me interested for more than a few hours. I don't have time right now anyway. I hate being a sucker for that niche RPG stuff I don't have time for.

At least they hold their value pretty well and I didn't pay much of anything for them..

I also find the whole "teenage characters pointing a gun at their head" aspect a bit much. I've seen people talk about it but nobody's really said what the significance is? Does it even make sense?

The only thing I can figure is the characters make a gesture of removing their physical selves to take on their personas. Kind of like how
Jack's pulling the trigger
at the end of Fight Club was a gesture that he didn't need Tyler any more?

I think it's just a talking point to stir up interest in the game. "the game where the teenagers shoot themselves" is much more memorable than "Dungeon Crawler/Dating Sim RPG"

Anyone care to share how the game explains it, if at all?

[quote name='zewone']Persona 3 is sooooo good.[/QUOTE]
Code:

How's the going around and doing school stuff part? I've been curious about that.

[quote name='whoknows']
Code:

How's the going around and doing school stuff part? I've been curious about that.[/QUOTE]
So far, it's been pretty linear and I'm enjoying it. Sometimes you have to answer questions from the teachers lectures (very short), but it does give you a boost in EXP for your social skills (which seem to be important for leveling up your persona).

[quote name='zewone']Persona 3 is sooooo good.[/QUOTE]
You're not helping. ;)

Currently playing the hell out of Madden 08, used to only play at the most 3 games a day and most of the time only 1 game a day, I have attention disorders and I get bored with playing for more than a few hours. But with 08 it seems different, I can play game after game and lose track of time, maybe its because its new, but I'm addicted now.

boring week for my gaming. Playing some Resistance, SSD, and Nba games till next week when I can get my hands on bioshock, hopefully the SKATE demo, and some other games that will give me a reason to grab my controller.

I just started Persona 3 today. FFT will have to wait until I've beaten P3 at least twice (once without DJ guide, then once with). =/

EDIT: Here's a camera phone-taken picture of the game upscaled to 1080i, even though no one asked:

Persona3.jpg

[quote name='jer7583']You're not helping. ;)[/QUOTE]

allow me to hurt more--- it's completely different from the games you mentioned. much more fast paced :)

Anyone care to share how the game explains it, if at all?

nothing explains it in the first hour and a half. I think you're supposed to think "oh no..oh no! He's gonna shoot himself! oh god! noooooO! oh wait, nevermind." then keep playing.

it just looks cool, i guess? from a japanese p.o.v., it's probably symbolic of how your soul is released when you die and blah blah blah

[quote name='Vendetta']I just started Persona 3 today. FFT will have to wait until I've beaten P3 at least twice (once without DJ guide, then once with). =/

EDIT: Here's a camera phone-taken picture of the game upscaled to 1080i, even though no one asked:

Persona3.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Looks the same as me playing with component in 480i.

Why is there no progressive scan/widescreen support?!?

That should be a requirement on all these late PS2 games.

i didn't notice a huge difference upscaled either...just slightly less jaggy and a little more colorful. I hope they upgrade the upscaling soon (they said they could improve it a lot...)

played some mlb 07 the show on my psp, just finished the 1st act on gears and now I'm fixing to listen to the cagcast and go to sleep.

[quote name='whoknows']A few hours into Tales of The Abyss.

Gotta say I'm liking it. Reminds me of Radiata Stories which I loved.[/QUOTE]

TOA is awesome, how could you not like it? TOL though...... :cold:

[quote name='zewone']Looks the same as me playing with component in 480i.

Why is there no progressive scan/widescreen support?!?

That should be a requirement on all these late PS2 games.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Doesn't seem so hard to implement.

OT: I'm reading Things Fall Apart right now, oddly enough. Really enjoying the book. I'm about a 3rd of the way done (I assume that's what your user title refers to?).

[quote name='whoknows']I'd suggest you get P3 so you don't get burnt out on the Prime games for when MP3 comes out.[/quote]Well, it would be my first time playing through the Prime series, so it was more a matter of playing them in order. I have a feeling, for better or worse, I won't want to go back to Prime 1 and 2 if I play 3 first.

so does anyone think persona 3 will be tough to find in a few months? No way I have time now. Did gamestops get many more than were pre-ordered? Stuff like Odin Sphere is everywhere and I know it'll be fine to pick it up later, P3 could go the same way.

[quote name='jimfoley16']I agree. Doesn't seem so hard to implement.

OT: I'm reading Things Fall Apart right now, oddly enough. Really enjoying the book. I'm about a 3rd of the way done (I assume that's what your user title refers to?).[/QUOTE]Because people should buy a PS3 if they want their games upscaled. :p Try plugging in a PS2 into an HDTV, looking at a 480i game, and it looks UGLY. At least with the PS3, it makes it look acceptable.
[quote name='Apossum']i didn't notice a huge difference upscaled either...just slightly less jaggy and a little more colorful. I hope they upgrade the upscaling soon (they said they could improve it a lot...)[/QUOTE]Problem is, with the older PS3 models (one with EE), there's not a whole lot they can do to improve the graphics when upscaling, because it's hardware based (but with software to upscale). The PS3 consoles without the EE, there are more possibilities to improve PS2 games graphically, because it's all software based. Sony even said that themselves, which is part of the reason they switched to software (other than being more cost effective).
[quote name='Silent Assassin120']TOA is awesome, how could you not like it? TOL though...... :cold:[/QUOTE]TotA is awesome. Only problem I have with Abyss is the choppy world-map. I liked Legendia too, but not as much. I bought both on release.

[quote name='jer7583']so does anyone think persona 3 will be tough to find in a few months? No way I have time now. Did gamestops get many more than were pre-ordered? Stuff like Odin Sphere is everywhere and I know it'll be fine to pick it up later, P3 could go the same way.[/quote]I'm gonna monitor the EB/GS stock for a few days. After release yesterday, 1 of the 10 stores within 10 miles is sold out, one hasn't gotten their shipment. The rest are 1-3 as per usual with RPGs.

Well, it was the same way with odin sphere, botticus, but they did get restocked, and they will get restocked if things sell out. I doon't think best buy has even gotten shipments yet until today or tomorrow.

I think I'll wait, maybe put it on the christmas list, wait for a used one, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back