Cursed Mountain 19.99 at Amazon.com

Oh man! This is on my want list and I already overspent for this month. Hopefully this stays on sale for another week or two. If anyone gets an extra copy of this and wants to trade PM me please!

Price drop to $20 at GameStop as well. Seems like it may just be a universal drop for the title. $18 used with the B2G1 at GS and I may have to partake of this title.

Yea it's definitely a price drop. I'll think about that Limited Edition. Probably hold out for one more price drop on it. if it sells out before then, I'll just get the regular edition when it's $10 or less.

I've been begging for this to drop to $20 forever but Gamestop's B2G1 absolutely broke me yesterday :lol: Even though it's a universal price drop I would've liked to get it since Might & Magic DS is $20 on Amazon right now.

Been waiting for a drop on this one, and was sideswiped by coming into this thread and finding out there even *was* a LE. It even appears to be an awesome one, so that's a plus.

Went ahead and snagged the LE. I figure the price might go down a bit eventually, but I'd like to at least try and support nice Wii LEs, since there seems to be an utter lack of them. Plus, after finishing up Silent Hill, I am jonesing for another old school survival horror game (or at least as old school as we're going to get).

This game is underrated and I hope the lower price point helps it find a larger audience. It's more of a spooky, atmospheric adventure game than survival horror, and that's a good thing (I like survival horror, but CM is more unique).

I was scanning through the review snippets at Metacritic, and this one from Everyeye.it (whoever they are) really stood out.

"Cursed Mountain is surely a title which stands out from the crowd. It’s not properly a survival horror, as in some ways it’s more a voyage through the ancient heights of the Himalaya, with the millenarian Tibetan culture as a rich framework. In terms of gameplay the combat system is fun and the controller’s motion sensor are well used and give a contribute to the title’s variety. The only faults are the non responsive controls and some plot elements which are not explained in an exhaustive way."

Seriously, I have no idea who Everyeye.it is, but you could not write a better one-paragraph of the game than that. They nailed it. CM is one of those rare games with genuine atmosphere, intelligence, and depth. It's an honest-to-goodness game for thinking adults as opposed to A.D.D.-addled teens.

Note: I own the LE and personally think it's well worth the extra $10, but that's just me.

bread's done
Back