Cursed Mountain (Wii) - $16.99 @ Best Buy

Hm anyone played this game yet I have yet to hear anyone praise it, seems like Silent Hill is the way to go for Wii horror.

There was a bunch of positive discussion about this game in the thread about the Limited or Collector's Edition Amazon had discounted down to $30 or something like that.

I got this game in my Gold Box for weeks if not months but never picked it up. But the more talk I hear about it, the more I want to try it... however I'm not sure survival horror is my thing. Maybe if this drops to $10 or less I'll grab it.

Good thing I didn't buy it for $20 right away.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I may pick it up at local bb & use 10% off :)[/QUOTE]

How do you get the 10% off? A RZ coupon?

Definitely one of the better games for the Wii this year and one of the most overlooked along with Dead Space: Extraction, The Conduit, Muramasa, Boy and his Blob, Rune Factory: Frontier, Spyborgs, Madworld etc. The graphics are nothing stellar but it more than makes up for it with atmosphere, storyline and unique gameplay! This game is for people who enjoyed the unique game that is Eternal Darkness!

[quote name='roasted']Good thing I didn't buy it for $20 right away.

How do you get the 10% off? A RZ coupon?[/QUOTE]

Flyer on my mail box with 2-3 coupon 10% on 3 movies, games & Accessories. or 12% off

[quote name='oni-link']Definitely one of the better games for the Wii this year and one of the most overlooked along with Dead Space: Extraction, The Conduit, Muramasa, Boy and his Blob, Rune Factory: Frontier, Spyborgs, Madworld etc. The graphics are nothing stellar but it more than makes up for it with atmosphere, storyline and unique gameplay![/QUOTE]

Overlooked doesn't even begin to describe it... it's why I was absolutely floored to find out they even bothered to produce a LE.

It was a one-two punch of bad marketing, unfortunately... first, the game had zero marketing or hype before it came out. I remember seeing one preview in a game mag, being intrigued, and then promptly forgot about it until months and month later when I saw a thread here where it dropped in price. I'm still not even sure exactly how long it's been out. Two, that god-awful box art. Honestly, if you saw that in a store, would you pick it up? Really? It looks like a low-budget kid's book cover from the 1990s. Not the best way to sell a game, I have to say. The LE cover definitely should've been the standard.

This game had the odds stacked WAY against, and that's a shame. It's fairly telling that I, literally the perfect target audience for it, didn't know about it or care until it hit $20. I'm hoping that, like me, the price drops actually get people to give it a chance... it certainly deserves one.

[quote name='007']Two, that god-awful box art. Honestly, if you saw that in a store, would you pick it up? Really? It looks like a low-budget kid's book cover from the 1990s. Not the best way to sell a game, I have to say. The LE cover definitely should've been the standard.[/QUOTE]

You think? I thought the LE cover looked even worse than the standard one. And don't get me started on that horrible logo.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']You think? I thought the LE cover looked even worse than the standard one. And don't get me started on that horrible logo.[/QUOTE]

I don't think either of them are particularly great, but if I had to choose one that's better suited to selling the game to a random person browsing in a game store, it'd be the LE. At the least the monster/ghost/thing has that sort of 'hey, let me check that out' kind of appeal, whereas 'generic mountain climber guy' doesn't inspire any kind of interest. To me, the regular cover just looks like one of a million shovelware titles that it'll sit next to, with zero indication that it's actually worth playing. It just looks cheap, that's the best word I can come up with. Still, no matter how you cut it, they're both... not good.

Might just be me. I dunno.

The LE cover ruled but the standard cover was also pretty good. Way better than DS:extractions horrible mess of a box art. Hopefully this great game gets some playtime with the hardcore Wii audience.

I just may pick this up with my $15 in RZ coupon. I too was intrigued by the game, but completely forgot about it until recently with this deal.

[quote name='oni-link']Definitely one of the better games for the Wii this year and one of the most overlooked along with Dead Space: Extraction, The Conduit, Muramasa, Boy and his Blob, Rune Factory: Frontier, Spyborgs, Madworld etc. The graphics are nothing stellar but it more than makes up for it with atmosphere, storyline and unique gameplay! This game is for people who enjoyed the unique game that is Eternal Darkness![/QUOTE]

Well shit... you compare it to Eternal Darkness you say? I loved that game so much I played it through 3 times straight at launch just to get the final ending.

I beat this game and thought it was very poor, both gameplay and atmosphere-wise. Not scary at all. Felt like a canceled PS1 game that they brought back to take advantage of Wii's low graphical expectations.

[quote name='Masterkyo']GS/EB drop down $19.99 if u have a store credit. OOS Online[/QUOTE]

Of course it would be.
They probably barely stock any.

[quote name='Casteor']Of course it would be.
They probably barely stock any.[/QUOTE]

Yeah when I picked up this game my BB only had 3 copies before my purchase and it was reduced tot $30 at the time. With my UC2 preorder I was able to reduce it to $20!!! After playing thru this game I would say that it was easily worth more than $20-30 they were asking during that time!

bread's done
Back