Custom game art, by a CAG for CAG

Status
Not open for further replies.

daroga

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (100%)
Under Cheapy's recommendation, this as been moved to a blog post. To leave feedback or discuss, go here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/?f=369

Hi all!

This was originally posted in the General Gaming Thread (GGT), but as only a narrow segment of the community venture into that thread, we thought we'd post this more for the community at large.

Quick backstory:
A few months ago, knowing his artistic ability and style pretty well, I contacted CAG member RelentlessRolento to do a new signature and avatar for me on the forum. I was so impressed with what he came up with in such a short amount of time, I asked him if he'd be interested in another project.

At the time, we were going to be moving in a little over a month. The basement was going to be turned into a den, and I was on the lookout for things to decorate down there. I wanted to do something nerdy (had looked at those Nintendo wall-clings from Blik), but I kept coming back to the jarring look of those with the slick look that the electronics in the den would have. I ended up wanting to have something more subtle and classy, but equally representative of the hobby I (and we all) enjoy so much.

Thus, Rolento worked with me and spent unknown amount of time for pennies on the hour crafting these five pieces for us. I couldn't be happier with all of them. Even though I was at least somewhat part of the creative process behind them and saw them in various stages along the way, they look so much better framed and hung on the wall than I could have ever imagined.

The prints are 11x14, are hung in rather inexpensive ($6 for a 2-pack of frames) poster frames from Michael's Craft Store (link) and were printed at Shutterfly.

Pictures, in frames, not yet hung [ 1 ]
Picturs on the wall, in context [ 1 | 2 | 3 ]

RelentlessRolento was gracious enough also to release medium-resolution versions of the pictures (though unsigned) if anyone wanted to use them as computer wallpaper. He's also offered to pull out individual elements from the pictures if you wanted just his take on Tails, Rush, a goomba, etc.

[ Super Mario Bros. 3 | The Legend of Zelda | Mega Man | Sonic the Hedgehog | Shadow of the Colossus ]

We hope you enjoy these! They were just too awesome not to share with everyone! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back