Custom music, in games...can it happen?

ItsTrueItsTrue92

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I don't have a PS3 but the one thing about the 360 that I really enjoy is the ability to listen to my custom music during any point of any game. I know the PS3 can't do this, but will it be able to through a firmware update?

I don't think it'll be a firmware update that'll make it happen. It most likely will have to be built into the games to support the feature like on the PSP.

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']I agree. I was disappointed to read that the PS3 version of Def Jam: Icon wouldn't be able to do it.[/quote]

actually no it works with the PS3. you probably read it on a fanboy fourm

[quote name='NamPaehc']I don't think it'll be a firmware update that'll make it happen. It most likely will have to be built into the games to support the feature like on the PSP.[/QUOTE]

that's a good point...

when you're playing games... the PS3 can still access it's regular system, and tell you when a friend comes online.. so the basic operating system is still running. Sony needs to show developers how to access the drive during games. But I think the reason why custom soundtracks aren't in ps3 games, because sony customers are 'used' to that feature... like xbox customers are.. xbox customers are accustom to having custom soundtracks, and not having it could be the difference between a sale, and a non sale.

I never use custom sound tracks on games on my 360.

I like experiencing the music that came with the game.

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']I read that they wouldn't have custom soundtracks in Def Jam: Icon in the newest PSM (while waiting at the doctor's office).[/quote]

Its a typo then Interview about the PS3 version with KUDO and he said it incoropartes the feature to add your own music it just boots it from what you have saved on the hdd

[quote name='panasonic']Its a typo then Interview about the PS3 version with KUDO and he said it incoropartes the feature to add your own music it just boots it from what you have saved on the hdd[/QUOTE]

If you can boot your own music, Im definitely getting this game.. and I hope you can create your own characters... overall the game looks fun though.

While it is good to listen to tracks that was included with the game sometimes it gets old and you wanna hear something else.

I use custom soundtracks all the time.. Makes Gears a hell of a lot more fun and insane to play when you're blasting Judas Priest or Pantera, or Iron Maiden. I thought I had heard that the PS3 was limited in how games could access the hard drive.. The reason why Oblivion: Shattered Isles wasn't going to be a downloadable on PS3..

[quote name='jer7583']I use custom soundtracks all the time.. Makes Gears a hell of a lot more fun and insane to play when you're blasting Judas Priest or Pantera, or Iron Maiden. I thought I had heard that the PS3 was limited in how games could access the hard drive.. The reason why Oblivion: Shattered Isles wasn't going to be a downloadable on PS3..[/QUOTE]

Gears + Iron Maiden = WIN.

bread's done
Back