Custom Soundtracks for PS2 w/ HDD in ESPN NFL 2K5???? HOW?

goosedude

CAGiversary!
Hey all,
I have purchased both versions of ESPN NFL 2K5.
I didn't think the custom soundtracks would be available on the PS2 but if you have the HDD it seems possible.

The Problem is....you need to have ripped music to the PS2 HDD.....how do they expect you to do this???

It is an excellent feature and would love to have it on my PS2 as well.

Though the XBOX version does trounce the PS2 version in a # of ways. :?:

I never knew custom soundtracks could be used in the PS2 version, one of the reasons I got it for Xbox instead of PS2 was for that feature. Maybe it can be used for the PS2 version in the future when music can be ripped to the HD.

I'll have to look into this. Last night was the first time my 2K5 recognized the HD (probably because the HD was previously formatted for linux) but I didn't spend any time playing because it was late.

Oh, and in case you didn't know, the PS2 version is getting better marks than the Xbox version in both Graphics and Gameplay. I can't make the comparison myself since I don't own an Xbox but it's nice to see the reviewers being honest for a change. :D Too bad they still overlook the fact that online play on the PS2 is FREE.

[quote name='daphatty'] Too bad they still overlook the fact that online play on the PS2 is FREE.[/quote]

they overlook the fact that most ps2 games have online capabilities at all(not sure why, but xbox live is REALLY popular, if i had an xbox id be pissed to have to pay to play), and thats really sad because its free. you dont have to pay 50 bucks a year to beable to get the most out of your games.

damn guys its not that bad, $70 bucks you get a game,headset, and a year subscription. the service itself runs circles around anything ps2 offers. i barely even get online with my ps2.

You wouldn't be "pissed to pay" if you had actually used their service. It's exactly the opposite, I'm more than happy to pay. I love XBox Live.

When I had an Xbox, I LOVED Live. It really is awesome. Microsoft has proven that online play can make money.

I just wished Nintendo would see it that way.

Seems how Live is virtually free, when considering you get a $30 game (Crimson Skies) and headset ($40) a years subscription in the deal. If you want to play online with the ps2 you need to buy an adapter ($40) and headset ($40), sure you don't need the headset, but if we're comparing it to Live, then you do. So in the end, it costs just as much initially to play Live as it does to play PS2 online.

[quote name='scsg75']Seems how Live is virtually free, when considering you get a $30 game (Crimson Skies) and headset ($40) a years subscription in the deal. If you want to play online with the ps2 you need to buy an adapter ($40) and headset ($40), sure you don't need the headset, but if we're comparing it to Live, then you do. So in the end, it costs just as much initially to play Live as it does to play PS2 online.[/quote]

Well, I bought my PS2 with the adapter already, so that really doesn't count and I really don't care to talk to my opponent online, so a headset really doesn't matter to me either.

Plus, I don't think you can even compare the two services. Live is light years ahead of PS2 Online, IMHO. The only reason I like PS2 Online is because it's free.

The first year of playing Live is fine and dandy, but I don't think I'd like it too much when they charged my card $50, or however much it costs, for the second year.

True enough Grave. I was just comparing the two services and to have the same ammenities such as voice chat and whatnot, it costs about the same to start each up initially if one is starting from scratch with just a PS2 with no NA and just an Xbox.

I'm not sure what reviews are giving the PS2 better marks for graphics and gameplay. Check out gamerankings (Xbox: 92%, PS2: 89%) if you really want to see for sure.

Here's what IGN said:
"The problem (framerate issues) is slightly worse on the PS2 than the Xbox, so if you're a frame rate stickler, and you own both consoles, go with the 'Box."

Here's what Gamespot said:
"Graphically, the PS2 version is pretty clearly just a dumbed-down take on the Xbox version, with some occasional frame rate problems to boot. Also, the PS2 version has a notable difference when it comes to highlight reels. While the Xbox version features full video highlight clips, the PS2 just uses static images presented in succession. That's not to say the PS2 version doesn't look excellent when compared to other PS2 games, because it does. However, the Xbox version holds a much clearer-cut advantage over other games on its respective system."

As for Live, I think $50 is a fine deal. Think about it - it's less than a dollar a week.

The point of the headset isn't necessarily to talk to your opponent (altho you can do that too), but more to talk to your teammate. That's where it can really be useful. Why do you think SOCOM shipped with a headset?

[quote name='scsg75']True enough Grave. I was just comparing the two services and to have the same ammenities such as voice chat and whatnot, it costs about the same to start each up initially if one is starting from scratch with just a PS2 with no NA and just an Xbox.[/quote]

True dat.

[quote name='lukemlj']I'm not sure what reviews are giving the PS2 better marks for graphics and gameplay. Check out gamerankings (Xbox: 92%, PS2: 89%) if you really want to see for sure.

Here's what IGN said:
"The problem (framerate issues) is slightly worse on the PS2 than the Xbox, so if you're a frame rate stickler, and you own both consoles, go with the 'Box."

Here's what Gamespot said:
"Graphically, the PS2 version is pretty clearly just a dumbed-down take on the Xbox version, with some occasional frame rate problems to boot. Also, the PS2 version has a notable difference when it comes to highlight reels. While the Xbox version features full video highlight clips, the PS2 just uses static images presented in succession. That's not to say the PS2 version doesn't look excellent when compared to other PS2 games, because it does. However, the Xbox version holds a much clearer-cut advantage over other games on its respective system."

As for Live, I think $50 is a fine deal. Think about it - it's less than a dollar a week.

The point of the headset isn't necessarily to talk to your opponent (altho you can do that too), but more to talk to your teammate. That's where it can really be useful. Why do you think SOCOM shipped with a headset?[/quote]

the problem with the comparison you used was that the OP has a hard drive, which fixes many of the problems you are talking about.

also Live sucks. you can play most of the games on live on the PC or PS2 for free. I had it when it first came out and only used it for 2 months, because the people that use it cannot be older than 12.

Sorry Punq, Casey, but I'd have to whole heartly disagree with you on this one. Live is well worth the $50 I put into it, sure gaming on the PS2 and PC are (usually) free, but I hate gaming on the pc (plus my pc a piece of shit) and lets be real: ps2 online is a joke. Oh and technically, you do have to pay to play your ps2 online, after all it does cost money to buy a NA. ;)

The main fault with Live isn't neccesarly the service (which is with out a doubt; the best), it's with the users who, well, use it. however the same can be said for all online games, and the friends list certainly offers a solution (sort of). I mean it takers all of a few minutes to find decent people to play and have fun with.

BTW xbox the only platform (for now) that has an online fighter for it, not to mention a shit load coming out, where as PS2 has like one (MK: Deception) coming out.

:lol: , the funny thing is that most people that support PS2 Online by playing online don't even know how much you have to pay for Live. I guess they don't find it necessary to know that before they blatantly rip on Live. In fact, a lot of times I talk to people about how Live is better than PS2 Online and most of them agree it's better deal when they know what the price really is, etc.

[quote name='XboxMaster']:lol: , the funny thing is that most people that support PS2 Online by playing online don't even know how much you have to pay for Live. I guess they don't find it necessary to know that before they blatantly rip on Live. In fact, a lot of times I talk to people about how Live is better than PS2 Online and most of them agree it's better deal when they know what the price really is, etc.[/quote]

haha funny casey mentions 12 year olds and xboxmaster shows up ^^

A lot of people I play against online with a PC probably aren't 12, but many of them act like it. Pretty much it the people playing online have crappy attitudes all around, I wouldn't say it's just an xbox live problem.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='XboxMaster']:lol: , the funny thing is that most people that support PS2 Online by playing online don't even know how much you have to pay for Live. I guess they don't find it necessary to know that before they blatantly rip on Live. In fact, a lot of times I talk to people about how Live is better than PS2 Online and most of them agree it's better deal when they know what the price really is, etc.[/quote]

haha funny casey mentions 12 year olds and xboxmaster shows up ^^[/quote]

:rofl:

I spent 30 on a headset, mainly because I could use it on both my PC and PS2, and never had to buy a network adaptor since I got it bundled with my PS2.

also I know how much live costs. I got it the first day it came out, and know about all the offers.

plus if you wana get technical.. not only is live WAY better.. but if you want free.. you just use xbox connect! sure its not as good as live, but its just as good / better than ps2 online and its free.. so not only does xbox have free online capability, it also has an optional, upgrade if you will, to the live service!

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='XboxMaster']:lol: , the funny thing is that most people that support PS2 Online by playing online don't even know how much you have to pay for Live. I guess they don't find it necessary to know that before they blatantly rip on Live. In fact, a lot of times I talk to people about how Live is better than PS2 Online and most of them agree it's better deal when they know what the price really is, etc.[/quote]

haha funny casey mentions 12 year olds and xboxmaster shows up ^^[/quote]

:rofl:

I spent 30 on a headset, mainly because I could use it on both my PC and PS2, and never had to buy a network adaptor since I got it bundled with my PS2.

also I know how much live costs. I got it the first day it came out, and know about all the offers.[/quote]

I never said EVERYONE that plays online with their PS2, I said most. Also, I'm 13, not 12, thought I'm sure you'll still look down on me.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']it is nothing aganist you personally, it is just that most people in your age group make you look bad.[/quote]

Thanks for specifieing that for the first time. It's always been that either someone was making fun of my age group including me, or just me singly for my age. Also, I guess BigNick and all the others that are above the age of 12 didn't get the flyer that only 12-year-olds play Live. :wink:

You just need to makes friends on live. Games like counterstrike are full of whiny little bitches. After a while, you will meet a good group of players.

1. there are ton of Asshats online with internet connections whos sole purpose in life is to ruin your online experience no matter what platform you use.
2. live is pointless if all you have is 56k *GASP* Yes there are still people with only a 56k connection deal with it.
3. if you have the broadband and the desire to pay the extra cash for live fine, there are some that chose not to so respect their choice and vice versa

and finally
4. Has anyone trying hooking their HDD to a PC and attempt to upload music to it for the custom soundtrack yet so we can put this damn thread back on course?

If you poll people that play Xbox Live AND PS Online.. 90% of them are going to prefer Live service. The majority of the people who disparage Live either have never tried it, are fanboys or a combination thereof. There are exceptions, but they are few and far between.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Damn, this thread went waaaaay off topic.[/quote]

Yeah Poor Goosedude, did anyone actually field the question he asked at all?

[quote name='Cornfedwb']If you poll people that play Xbox Live AND PS Online.. 90% of them are going to prefer Live service. The majority of the people who disparage Live either have never tried it, are fanboys or a combination thereof. There are exceptions, but they are few and far between.[/quote]

Yes, this is the point I was trying to get across earlier. Whenever I'd bring up Live on Socom 2 they'd always yell at me about how PS2 Online is free and you have to pay for Live. Then I'd ask them how much you had to pay and about 90% didn't know!!!

Alright, back on-topic: I believe Sony said somewhere that neither the PSX, nor the official PS2 HDD will eevr be able to upload music from CDs. I could be wrong however.

bread's done
Back