Customers, post your stupid employee stories here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

waxHead

CAGiversary!
Feedback
57 (100%)
The employees have their own thread about this, so why not make one for the customers who suffer due to inefficient/idiotic/down-right lazy retail employees?

I just posted this in the Deals forum, and after looking at the "employees - post your stories about customers" thread numerous times, I though this deserved it's own. Feel free to contribute stories about times you had to deal with retail employees, and wished you were some place else.

Quick story about some CompUSA employees:

Stopped in mid-day, there were no other customers at the check-out besides myself and the guy in front of me. One employee was working a cash register, and another employee was standing about ten feet away, looking at us. Turns out the guy needed a gift certificate, so the employee working the register leaves for at least five minutes, and the entire time, the other employee stood there, looking at us, or looking around the store. Numerous other employees were either standing and chatting, or walked by, looked at us, and kept walking. If I hadn't wanted the games I was buying at the time, I would've set them down and walked right out of the store.

I find it pathetic that no one would bother taking one minute to ring up my two items so I could get going with the rest of my day, especially with one employee staring at the situation the entire time. This has happened before at other retailers, but I find it a chronic problem at CompUSA.

I dunno.. it may be that CompUSA employees each have their own register drawer to prevent shrink. If that's the case maybe they can't ring you up unless they're assigned to a register for that shift.

Just speculating.

[quote name='waxHead']\If I hadn't wanted the games I was buying at the time, I would've set them down and walked right out of the store. [/QUOTE]

If you hadn't wanted the games you were buying at the time, you wouldn't have picked them up in the first place.

When I was a kid I remember and my mother was signing up for an account at some place. This happened all the time but not after making such an effort to clarify it.

Employee: What's your last name?
Mom: Robbers
Employee: Roberts?
Mom: No, Robbers, e-r-s.
Employee: How do you spell it?
Mom: "r-o-b-b-e-r-s"
Employee: r-o, can you say that again?
Mom: r-o-b-b-e-r-s
Employee: e-r-s?
Mom: Yes

When we got the card it said Robberts

Status