CUSTOMIZED Halo 3 Legendary Helmet (Smoldered visor, no more blindness!)

djkunai

Banned
While everyone else who bought Halo 3 spent their time playing it, I decided to make the Legendary Helmet into something you can actually WEAR.

My head fits inside it, but it cuts off right below my chin, a little too tight. It fits my sister (she's 14) fairly well, and should fit my brother perfectly (11).

I plan on auctioning it off in a few days and giving parts of the profit to Child's Play.

IMG_7323.jpg

IMG_7322.jpg

IMG_7324.jpg

IMG_7325.jpg

IMG_7394.jpg

IMG_7395.jpg

IMG_7393.jpg

IMG_7391.jpg

I also had my girlfriend try it on, and it *barely* fit her head. I'm going to touch up the smoldered edges tomorrow, fix some padding to the inside so it doesn't hurt like a bitch, and then list it tomorrow night on eBay (hopefully).

[quote name='varsitygamer']but can she see?[/QUOTE]

No- that is a problem and we are working on it.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']How would you make a tiny helmet into something wearable?[/QUOTE]

those helmets aren't as small as i thought they'd be. i was rather impressed.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']more pics of ur sis pleaseee[/quote]
*prays its a joke because he obviously knows it says his sister is 14*

[quote name='darth007']Is she wearing a Paramore shirt?...

Anyways... how are you gonna do the auction? eBay?[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes.

[quote name='dastly75']The posing is funny.

What exactly did you alter on the helmet?[/QUOTE]

I cut my fingers several times over several hours unscrewing the damn thing and putting it back together without the supports. It also has padding to soften wearing it. I'm trying to make it so the visor comes off so you can actually see while walking and then are able to snap it back on for a photo op.

[quote name='Wlogan31']oh to tug on master chief's pony tail while...nevermind ;)[/quote]

She's 14 you clowns.

My cousin's 14 and cute too, I have to watch over her like a hawk. Damn perverts.

How much harder would it have been for MS to include a wearable helmet with see through visor? =( Nothing better than wearing that while playing Halo.

[quote name='Theduck']How much harder would it have been for MS to include a wearable helmet with see through visor? =( Nothing better than wearing that while playing Halo.[/quote]

The last thing they want is a news report of Master Chief robbing a bank or Master Chief raping someone in an alley.

Or how about a law suit because some clown wears the helmet when it's decorative and he chokes or something and dies.

[quote name='Azumangaman']*prays its a joke because he obviously knows it says his sister is 14*[/quote]

Maybe that poster is 15? I hope anyway...

When I first saw that helmet in person i thought... 'That would fit a 5 year old'. I guess I was off by 10 years or so.

how about a pic of the inside. MS missed a big opportunity in not making these things wearable. shit i would probably bought a legendary if that was the case.

I'm trying to get my friend to get his so its wearable. One day at school I'm gonna go jump into the fountain and act like i'm drowning. He will then come across the courtyard with his helmet on and save me. Then he will precede to do the soldier boy it.

[quote name='Puffa469']Maybe that poster is 15? I hope anyway...
[/QUOTE]

I think the guy he was quoting is, actually :lol:

Good job OP. That my biggest complaint about the legendary edition-- you can't even wear the helmet! Not that I would buy it if you could.

Guys you all are sick. That girl doesn't even have bewbez.

Cool helmet.

And the idea of Master Chief robbing banks and raping people in alleys is somehow funny to me.

[quote name='NamelessMC']The last thing they want is a news report of Master Chief robbing a bank[/quote]

That would be so awesome.

damn, makes me wish I bought a legendary edition.. instead i went w/ limited and got a disc scratched more than a cats ass and an instruction manual missing pages w/ pages 1-8 printed twice (!)

[quote name='NamelessMC']The last thing they want is a news report of Master Chief robbing a bank or Master Chief raping someone in an alley.[/QUOTE]

If you use the BYYB trick, you can knock em out faster and they won't see you.

[quote name='triforcer']how about a pic of the inside. MS missed a big opportunity in not making these things wearable. shit i would probably bought a legendary if that was the case.[/quote]

I would like to second that a pic of the inside of the helmet would be great (don't worry, not trying to steal your idea or hamper your e-baying) I'm just curious on how you rigged up the padding and the thickness of the actual shell.

Thanks for the post though, cool project.

[quote name='NamelessMC']The last thing they want is a news report of Master Chief robbing a bank or Master Chief raping someone in an alley.

Or how about a law suit because some clown wears the helmet when it's decorative and he chokes or something and dies.[/quote]
Yeah, or Master Chief getting ogled by a bunch of perverts...oh, wait.

[quote name='evanft']As soon as I saw those pics, I knew this thread was gonna go to a dark and ugly place.[/quote]
Uh-huh. :roll:

Nice work bro. Thats real cool, i dunno why so many people wanna wear it. I would only wanna wear it so i could drink game fuel out of it, and impress girls obviously.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']
halohelmetfq9.jpg

you don't have to remove stuff from the middle to still get hawt helmet pics[/quote]

OMG Master Chief is suicidal! He has a pistol pointed at his head.

Next thing i can see someone doing is turnin tha helmet into a giant pimp cup and drinkin gamer fuel outa it

[quote name='F8X']OMG Master Chief is suicidal! He has a pistol pointed at his head.[/quote]
And he's also holding it with the sheer might of his telekinetic powers.

I destroyed masterchief's head and dismantled every piece.

100_0077.jpg
[

100_0082.jpg

I have a fat head, so it doesn't fit me. (I couldn't put the side pieces on.

100_0092.jpg

BUt my little sister can don the piece perfectly

100_0093.jpg

100_0095.jpg

100_0096.jpg

bread's done
Back