Cy Girls (PS2) for $8 shipped

RBM

CAGiversary!
Newegg.com has Cy girls (playstation2) for $8, with free 3 day shipping. IGN gave this title a mediocre rating of 5.8 (take that as you will,) but I suppose that suits the mediocre sticker price.

cygirls_090503_09.jpg

Played about an hour of it when I found a mint used copy for $2 at a yard sale... pretty decent really, and two disc games are always cool :)

[quote name='Rozz']I heard that this game is utter, complete trash.[/quote]

Glad to hear it! This game will be a great gift for a gamer pal of mine who gave me NARC for a gift last year......LMAO.....:rofl: Pay backs a bitch! Thanks OP.

[quote name='eaglebeak']Glad to hear it! This game will be a great gift for a gamer pal of mine who gave me NARC for a gift last year......LMAO.....:rofl: Pay backs a bitch! Thanks OP.[/quote]

But...Bill Bellamy!

I bought it used at EB for cheap a year or so back and got a pricegrabber rebate for it so it was practically free and I have to admit that it's horrible. I sold it for $5 soon after.

There's nothing wrong with the gameplay except that it's completely boring.

It's got style, and it has two discs, each with its own completely unique character, each with her own set of moves and objectives.

The controls and the story are average, and it has some really bad level design. Hacking and cyber-world stuff is kind of cool, but it could have been implemented better.

Still, there's some fun to be had.
I give it a 7/10.

[quote name='Rozz']I heard that this game is utter, complete trash.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, this is an understatement.

[quote name='Rozz']I heard that this game is utter, complete trash.[/QUOTE]

Having had the misfortune of playing it, I can verify this statement is completely true. It's not "Mortal Kombat: Subzero Mythologies" terrible, as Cy Girls is actually playable, but the game is just boring, and the graphics, while passable, can't make you forget how bored you are fetching keys, opening doors, backtracking to find another key, shoot some guys, find the key, go and open the door, etc, etc.

Anyway, it's not worth $8 IMO.

[quote name='6669']I really want this game, but I'm broke :whistle2:([/quote]

Uh.... why would you want this game? :whistle2:s

Weirdest thing - I played the demo before it came out, and thought it was really fun. I actually picked this up shortly after it came out. The game, sadly, was not as good as the demo. Still, I'd probably bite for $8 - assuming I didn't have it, was bored, and didn't have a backlog.

Of course, who around here meets all three of those criteria? :p

motion capture work is pretty solid -- worth it if you can nab it for 4-5 bucks on eBay. otherwise, i wouldn't bother.

bread's done
Back