D&D Anthology: The Master Collection @ Gamestop Impulse (PC Digital Download) $9.99

Neotribal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
The GameStop Impulse Driven online shop is selling an amazing game anthology for $9.99 (I typically see this collection selling for twice that)
Contains some of the best old school PC RPGs in existence :bouncy::

Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2 + Expansions [Average Metacritic: 91%]
Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Expansions [Average Metacritic 85%]
Planescape: Torment [Metacritic 91%]
The Temple of Elemental Evil [Metacritic 71%]

http://impulsedriven.com/dndmaster

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Neotribal']The GameStop Impulse Driven online shop is selling an amazing game anthology for $9.99 (I typically see this collection selling for twice that)
Contains some of the best old school PC RPGs in existence :bouncy::

Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2 + Expansions [Average Metacritic: 91%]
Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Expansions [Average Metacritic 85%]
Planescape: Torment [Metacritic 91%]
The Temple of Elemental Evil [Metacritic 71%]

http://impulsedriven.com/dndmaster[/QUOTE]

are these drm free? No familiar with how GS digital downloads work.

You know, as great as all of these games are based on what I've heard, I have never played them. Maybe now is the time to purchase them. Thanks!

Hrm. Can you use Gamestop gift cards on Impulse now? That's the only way I'd actually pick this up - I have a $25 gift card to Gamestop I can't figure out what to use on. Normally I hate giving Gamestop money, so I wouldn't even consider this, as I'd really prefer to either get them on Steam (maybe? Someday?) or on GOG, but GOG doesn't even seem to have the pack, much less matching the price.

[quote name='shivan128']are these drm free? No familiar with how GS digital downloads work.[/QUOTE]

From what I can gather, you need the Impulse client to download and update the games, other than that Impulse doesn't interfere.

At least that is accurate for this particular set of games, other games in impulse might be different.

[quote name='Neotribal']From what I can gather, you need the Impulse client to download and update the games, other than that Impulse doesn't interfere.

At least that is accurate for this particular set of games, other games in impulse might be different.[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP, this is a great deal. I remember playing these games back in college. Have played them all except for Icewind Dale II. Highly recommend all of these games at this price. Only thing keeping me back is another client to install for games. I wish they offered this on Steam!!

[quote name='INCyr']Hrm. Can you use Gamestop gift cards on Impulse now? That's the only way I'd actually pick this up - I have a $25 gift card to Gamestop I can't figure out what to use on. Normally I hate giving Gamestop money, so I wouldn't even consider this, as I'd really prefer to either get them on Steam (maybe? Someday?) or on GOG, but GOG doesn't even seem to have the pack, much less matching the price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it looks like they accept GameStop gift cards and purchases count towards PowerUp Rewards.

Wow, that's a great deal, but I'm not sure if it's worth using the Impulse client for it. I'm not sure how Impulse works, never used it before.. Can you just download the games with the client and then never launch Impulse again and play the games without it?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']If you want mods or patches avoid this set[/QUOTE]

In addition, does anyone know if Atari did anything to make these run on modern operating systems? It says XP/Vista/7, but I do wonder. Wouldn't want a CAG to spend money for a hassle.

[quote name='paddlefoot']In addition, does anyone know if Atari did anything to make these run on modern operating systems? It says XP/Vista/7, but I do wonder. Wouldn't want a CAG to spend money for a hassle.[/QUOTE]
They're the GOG transfers, just set in a way that mods/patches don't work most times

GOG has a decent board that helps when modding/patching, I've used it myself, and BTW Neverwinter Nights collection is 14.99.

I contacted GOG about it, but they didn't seem interested in making a similar collection.

--
Hello,

We have a 50% promo for a whole D&D games pack (with Never Winter Nights and Demon Stone also) so we are probably not going to make it again for some time.
---
Regards

JuriJ
GOG.com Support
Vaguely quoting their D&D classics sale from September 2011.
http://www.gog.com/en/news/all_dand...s_weekend_during_our_3rd_birthday_celebration

It's a shame, I would have gladly given GOG my money for these classic titles that I've never played, but I'm not sure I want the Impulse version.

[quote name='Evt']GOG has a decent board that helps when modding/patching, I've used it myself, and BTW Neverwinter Nights collection is 14.99.[/QUOTE]
Those mods wont work

That's a heck of a deal, but the fact that it would require another client to download and play them kills it for me. I already have Steam for most stuff and Desura for indies. It's looking more and more like I'm going to have to cave on Origin eventually. I'm too OCD for all these separate clients. That's why I like Steam.

When you buy this it gives you individual keys for each game. Could you use the CD key on a regular copy of say Baldur's Gate and be able to mod it that way, or are the CD keys different?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Those mods wont work[/QUOTE]
worked well enough for me to get baldur's gate TuTu, (found out whilst digging that Bgate2.mpi was all that was needed)

[quote name='hubb']When you buy this it gives you individual keys for each game. Could you use the CD key on a regular copy of say Baldur's Gate and be able to mod it that way, or are the CD keys different?[/QUOTE]

I've got both old CD disc and the GOG versions of all of these games and neither one required any CD keys for the Baldur's Gate games. The only one of the bunch I'm aware of that used CD keys was Temple of Elemental Evil.

I jumped on this deal, and so far have only installed Planescape: Torment. I can confirm however, that I was able to get widescreen mods, fixes, etc., to work on it. I can't speak for the rest of the games, but so far I haven't had any issues with Planescape.

I could see myself buying this set just to say I "own" the games and then downloading the others to mess around with.

Then again, I already own a physical copy of PS:T, so I'm not sure what's stopping me from doing that now.

*looks at portable PST folder*

Oh, right.

bread's done
Back