D2D: Fallout New Vegas Digital Collector's Edition $29.71

I saw this on slickdeals.net but they also pointed out that the code "load15" drops the price to $29.71! This makes it an even better deal!

Hmmm, I'm kind of doubting Steam beats this price in the their Holiday Sale. Since you go through Steam for DRM it is as if you bought it through Steam anyway.

Ordered!
LOAD15 promo coupon code will drop the price down even more so. :)
(15% off any game over $29.95 until 11/22)

Thanks OP and thanks guy for giving the LOAD15 Promo code, this is a great deal, Black Friday Prices without the wait or hassle. That is if you don't mind not getting a physical hard copy in addition because the retail version has Steamworks, which is why the D2D keys will work on Steam just like Saints Row 2 or any other game on Steam's game list. Sweet deal.

So tempting. Dammit. I think I'm going to wait for $20. Games drop down to the $20 point so quickly nowadays (Just Cause 2, Metro 2033, Bioshock 1&2, Battlefield BC2, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, blah blah, etc.) that I can't think of a game in recent memory (besides Starcraft 2 and any game named Call of Duty) that I bought for MORE than $20 and didn't see 2-3 months later for $20. Or less.

I'm really getting spoiled.

With D2D, do you just get a code to plug into steam for this, like Civ 5 was?

Like, if they release DLC down the road for steam, can I just purchase the DLC through steam?

[quote name='SadExchange82']With D2D, do you just get a code to plug into steam for this, like Civ 5 was?

Like, if they release DLC down the road for steam, can I just purchase the DLC through steam?[/QUOTE]

yes it would all go through steam since its a steamwork game

[quote name='SadExchange82']With D2D, do you just get a code to plug into steam for this, like Civ 5 was?

Like, if they release DLC down the road for steam, can I just purchase the DLC through steam?[/QUOTE]

It's for possibilities like this that I will probably wait for whatever "complete" edition exists eventually, then get that.

Thank you so much, OP. I just returned the PS3 version to Amazon because it's a buggy, broken piece of shit that, from what I can tell, will never be fully fixable with patches.

I've heard the PC one has been "fixed" by this point, and modders will do the rest.

[quote name='henrylin22']thx 4 da deal op! i have tax so i was more like $32 :([/QUOTE]

i heard if you use paypal you wont get taxed. Im not sure if that is accurate or not

[quote name='AwRy108']Thank you so much, OP. I just returned the PS3 version to Amazon because it's a buggy, broken piece of shit that, from what I can tell, will never be fully fixable with patches.

I've heard the PC one has been "fixed" by this point, and modders will do the rest.[/QUOTE]

they refunded even though you opened it? :roll:

[quote name='CaoPi']they refunded even though you opened it? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yes, surprisingly. I even talked them into reimbursing me for the entire amount, as they were originally not going to give me the part of the balance that was paid using promotional credit from previous pre-orders.

It could have something to do with the fact that my Cust. Service rep. was pissed off at the game himself; or it could have to do with the fact that the chunks of my paycheck that Amazon gets seem to be growing exponentially...

Nah, it's all due to the fact that AMAZON ROCKS.

[quote name='AwRy108']Yes, surprisingly. I even talked them into reimbursing me for the entire amount, as they were originally not going to give me the part of the balance that was paid using promotional credit from previous pre-orders.

It could have something to do with the fact that my Cust. Service rep. was pissed off at the game himself; or it could have to do with the fact that the chunks of my paycheck that Amazon gets seem to be growing exponentially...

Nah, it's all due to the fact that AMAZON ROCKS.[/QUOTE]

not just the ps3 version 360 version is borked to

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']So tempting. Dammit. I think I'm going to wait for $20. Games drop down to the $20 point so quickly nowadays (Just Cause 2, Metro 2033, Bioshock 1&2, Battlefield BC2, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, blah blah, etc.) that I can't think of a game in recent memory (besides Starcraft 2 and any game named Call of Duty) that I bought for MORE than $20 and didn't see 2-3 months later for $20. Or less.

I'm really getting spoiled.[/QUOTE]

i'm with ya. $20 i'd bite but not at $32. And by the time it hits that price you may as well wait for the ultimate version with all the DLC! Plus as its a steamworks game it becomes permanent property as soon as you register it so no resale value. So yea, no problem holding out on this.

Still waiting for the original FO GOTY to pop up on steam for $15-$20 to play that DLC.

[quote name='AwRy108']Thank you so much, OP. I just returned the PS3 version to Amazon because it's a buggy, broken piece of shit that, from what I can tell, will never be fully fixable with patches.

I've heard the PC one has been "fixed" by this point, and modders will do the rest.[/QUOTE]

wonder if i can do the same for the shitty cod black ops pc version. -.-

So, the "Collector's Edition" is basically the game and a e-book?

Well, still a good price for the game. Though I'm probably going to wait for Steam to match it as well.

[quote name='n1c0']So, the "Collector's Edition" is basically the game and a e-book?

Well, still a good price for the game. Though I'm probably going to wait for Steam to match it as well.[/QUOTE]

You can pick it up on D2D and use the key to activate on steam.

[quote name='Steggy']Heres hoping steam drops due to me missing out on this.[/QUOTE]

Deal still shows up for me? Front page on D2D says this weekend so I'm assuming it'll still be up on Sunday.

The PC version is not fixed.

[quote name='n1c0']So, the "Collector's Edition" is basically the game and a e-book?[/quote]
Yes.

Well, still a good price for the game. Though I'm probably going to wait for Steam to match it as well.
No matter where you get FO:NV, it requires Steam.

So, if you buy from D2D, you get a Game Key from D2D for FO:NV.
You take that key and then register it on Steam.
Game will start DL'ing through Steam.

You can DL the All Roads graphic novel via D2D.
You will need to install Adobe Digital Edition program to run All Roads.

[quote name='miyamotofreak']The PC version is not fixed.[/QUOTE]

Compared to the console versions, it is: the PS3 version friggin' freezes of you talk to any of the roaming merchants!

[quote name='Brian9824']360 version hasn't frozen on me once in 40+ hours of playing[/QUOTE]

Wow, you surely lucked out: my friend played the 360 for well past 50 hours, and it froze on him A LOT.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']So tempting. Dammit. I think I'm going to wait for $20. Games drop down to the $20 point so quickly nowadays (Just Cause 2, Metro 2033, Bioshock 1&2, Battlefield BC2, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, blah blah, etc.) that I can't think of a game in recent memory (besides Starcraft 2 and any game named Call of Duty) that I bought for MORE than $20 and didn't see 2-3 months later for $20. Or less.

I'm really getting spoiled.[/QUOTE]

I'm going w/ this. I've got a pretty huge back catalog too so I probably wouldn't get to this until April or so anyway.

do you guys think fallout new vegas will reach goty/ultimate edition status? i haven't looked into the sales of this game to know if it's been a success or bust.

i'm considering holding out on this deal since i will not likely play it right away. i haven't even played fallout 3 goty yet.

[quote name='frpilot']do you guys think fallout new vegas will reach goty/ultimate edition status? i haven't looked into the sales of this game to know if it's been a success or bust.

i'm considering holding out on this deal since i will not likely play it right away. i haven't even played fallout 3 goty yet.[/QUOTE]

Probably, yes - I'd bet there probably will be a GOTY Edition, way down the line.

FO: New Vegas - Dead Money DLC is X360 exclusive....at least for now, anyways. I'd be betting there'll be more DLC, down the line - just like w/ FO3.

Since FO: New Vegas does requires Steam and since Steam often puts base game + DLC on sale quite often, I don't have to worry about winding up in a situation where I'm missing DLC like say Retail versions of both DAO, Borderlands or Fallout 3.

BTW - FO: New Vegas has shipped 5 million units to Retailers.

bread's done
Back