D3 Confirmed Lololololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo III Officially Announced at WWI - Gameplay Shown

www.blizzard.com

d3.jpg

IGN live blog on WWI event - http://pc.ign.com/articles/884/884836p1.html

YES.

I'm going to lose months of my life again.

Introduction:

Two decades have passed since the demonic denizens, Diablo, Mephisto, and Baal, wandered the world of Sanctuary in a vicious rampage to shackle humanity into unholy slavery. Yet for those who battled the Prime Evils directly, the memory fades slowly and the wounds of the soul still burn.

When Deckard Cain returns to the ruins of Tristram's Cathedral seeking clues to new stirrings of evil, a comet from the heavens strikes the very ground where Diablo once entered the world. The comet carries a dark omen in its fiery being and it calls the heroes of Sanctuary to defend the mortal world against the rising powers of the Burning Hells – and even the failing luminaries of the High Heavens itself.

Game Features:

Explore a fully-realized Sanctuary – the living, breathing gothic fantasy world of Diablo III rendered in gorgeous 3D.

Battle the unholy forces of the Burning Hells with all-new character classes like the otherworldly Witch Doctor, or with re-imagined warriors from Diablo’s past: such as the fierce Barbarian.

Rain Hell on your enemies wielding the interactive environment as a weapon: lay cunning traps, turn destructible objects against your foes, and use environmental obstacles to your advantage - all powered by the Havoc physics system.

Experience the intensity of multiplayer Diablo III over an all-new, wickedly-enhanced Battle.net platform with numerous enhancements to make connecting with your friends easier – and cooperative gameplay more fun.

System requirements shouldn't be too brutal. I'm sure there is plenty of optimization yet to be done but i would think any computer that can run WoW can run this (and likely SC2).

Ya know, now that the initial shock and awe has worn off a bit, I'm starting to realize how non-plussed I am about how WoW's art style seems to have leaked into D3 slightly. Not saying that it looks just like WoW, of course, because it doesn't. Far from it. But it definitely is a step in that direction, compared to the darkness of D2.

Oh well. I can't complain.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']not a fan of diaoblo/blizzard at all but glad this will make alot of people very happy.[/QUOTE]

Banhammer now!

Oh nice, is this the Titan Quest sequel?

/hides

Actually, it looks pretty great. Glad it's not going to be an MMO and they're keeping the gameplay.

[quote name='MarkMan']I'm going to lose months of my life again.[/quote]

Just months? I'm prepared to sacrifice over a year considering they'll probably have a least one expansion pack for it.

Jesus, I hope it's nothing like Titan Quest... that game was boring as fuck. Completely lacked everything that made Diablo fun.

Some high points from the announcement, via IGN:

2:51 -- Random items, random monsters, and random adventures, which is a new feature. It allows Blizzard to place random scripted events almost anywhere.

2:58 -- Potions are still in the game, they're just not as core an element. So there's a new health system here. Wilson says he actually tried a Halo-style shield system with regenerative health, but didn't put that in because it encouraged players to leave combat. Didn't want to implement a WoW-style health which encourages players to drink and creates downtime when out of combat. Wilson wants the health system to ensure combat, which is health globes were implemented.

3:02 -- In cooperative play, when one player picks up a health globe, all players benefit from its restorative effects.

3:13 -- Question about classes. "We're doing a fresh start on classes," says Wilson. Says he hasn't figured out how many classes will be in yet, but they're not necessarily trying to mirror what was in Diablo 2. They're trying to do things a little differently.

3:15 -- Hardcore mode may or may not be included in the game.

3:18 -- While nothing was confirmed, Wilson made it sound like you'll probably be able to respec your character skills.

3:19 -- Wilson says the witch doctor is not the evolved version of Diablo II's necromancer.

3:27 -- The team wants the game to be able to run on as broad a range of systems as possible. The game will not require DX10 to run.

I'm curious to see what Blizzard does to differentiate this game from WoW.

Yeah, I want more Diablo, less Titan Quest. This is why people wet themselves over the announcement of D3. If it was Titan Quest 2 being announced, everyone would be all, "Okay, I'm tired of the clones, when will I get D3?"

I have saved my last working elbow for this game. I hope it proves worthwhile. I gave up my right arm for a summer of Starcraft and D2 and now it's time to risk ol' lefty. (I kid you not, I now mouse left handed though I'm a righty.)

That, or they could release the game with gamepad support and I could survive limbs intact.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I highly doubt this but it would be nice to have this get a console release.[/quote]
I think with the simplified interface that already have, it would fit well on consoles.use the A button to attack, then map out the other 3 for spells and items. Hold the RT and use the LB and RB to select from your bar. LT to rotate bars. OR you could use the d-pad... :D

[quote name='SynGamer']I think with the simplified interface that already have, it would fit well on consoles.use the A button to attack, then map out the other 3 for spells and items. Hold the RT and use the LB and RB to select from your bar. LT to rotate bars. OR you could use the d-pad... :D[/quote]

Or on the PS3 with keyboard and mouse support. :)

Either way, I am super excited, played a ton of diablo 2, and if I had to guess, it will come out one year after SC 2.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I STILL play Diablo 2. Can't wait for this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well I
never have played
Diablo 2.

Hmm, looks like this will be my first PC game purchase since... 4 years ago? This is exactly what I needed to get back into PC gaming.

I'm hoping they'll put it on consoles as well (I like the idea of a mouse and keyboard control system on the PS3), but I doubt it.

By the way, MODS, can we change the title of this thread? It's killing me with its tween-style lameness.

[quote name='Jest']Anyone else disappointed in the art direction so far?[/quote]

Yeah, I was actually surprised no one else mentioned it. The Diablo series has always carried a very dark and gothic style. While it is still too early to tell, it almost appears as though the artists working on the title got a little too comfortable with the WoW art style. It's almost too cartoonish for my liking.

I don't know.....would you guys rather be introduced to a game you've wanted for a long time within 6 months of release or would you prefer to find out 3 or so years before release that the group has started creating the game you want?

I'd go for hearing about it closer to release date.......
That's why I'm not going to really pay attention to this game until closer to release date, otherwise I'll just hype myself up and sit here and make the wait feel like forever.

Well it's been like eight years since Diablo II came out, so I don't think announcing the third game now is really doing it too soon.

[quote name='Chacrana']Well it's been like eight years since Diablo II came out, so I don't think announcing the third game now is really doing it too soon.[/quote]

When was DNF announced? How long has it been since the last DN game? :lol:

I love most Blizzard games, but I've never been a big fan of the Diablo games. I'll still give this one a try though.

I'd recommend anyone who hasn't to play D1 and D2+LoD before this... it'll undoubtedly make the game that much better.

[quote name='Wolve11']When was DNF announced? How long has it been since the last DN game? :lol:[/QUOTE]

That's totally irrelevant in every way.

I hope, if this doesn't get a console port, that it at least gets controller support. Because for me, "click on the enemy and watch your guy kill it" still = fail.

[quote name='pete5883']I hope, if this doesn't get a console port, that it at least gets controller support. Because for me, "click on the enemy and watch your guy kill it" still = fail.[/quote]Press a button and watch your guy kill it would be better? Or would the console adaption be more interactive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back