Da 808 State

demo808

CAGiversary!
I don't know if there is already one for Hawaii.

So for all of you who live in the 808 state. Post any information you would like to share pertaining to deals and upcoming events that is going around the island.

Please only informations that deals with GAMING.

Here's is an update for GS:

A new GS by Safeway in town just opened up and they are doing a B2G1 promo. Don't know how long that will last but they just started this week.

[quote name='boneless']I don't know about any of you, but I never stepped foot into Kmart until these coupons started.[/QUOTE]Same here. And with a Gamestop right next to the Waikele Kmart, I never thought I'd be going to Kmart laughing at those people paying full price for a new release.

Why are all the B&M stores here in Hawaii so bad? I usually just get my games on Amazon or Gamefly. Sometimes I buy games from Gamestop when it's B2G1, or once in a blue moon at Toys n' Joys. What about you guys, where do you guys buy your games on the cheap?

[quote name='Draelmun']Why are all the B&M stores here in Hawaii so bad? I usually just get my games on Amazon or Gamefly. Sometimes I buy games from Gamestop when it's B2G1, or once in a blue moon at Toys n' Joys. What about you guys, where do you guys buy your games on the cheap?[/QUOTE]Lately I've just been going to Kmart for new releases with the coupons, but I've gotta slow down. For the cheap, I just went to Blockbuster in Waipio and they're doing the B1G1 free used games. Picked up Bayonetta and Lego Rock Band for about $10.

[quote name='Draelmun']Why are all the B&M stores here in Hawaii so bad? I usually just get my games on Amazon or Gamefly. Sometimes I buy games from Gamestop when it's B2G1, or once in a blue moon at Toys n' Joys. What about you guys, where do you guys buy your games on the cheap?[/QUOTE]

I've also been hitting Kmart since the price with the coupons is better than recent used at GS and you get it on release day. Well, not so much release day since all kmarts seem to take about 1-2 days to get their stuff on the shelves. I highly suggest the kmarts right now if you get new releases.

Blockbuster is good too but there's only Kahala and Kaheka left in town with very little inventory that's any good.

Stadium Target doesn't have much on clearance. I saw Bayonetta (360) for $41.xx and some other 3rd party wii games.

Ha! I'll bet you checked for the Fable 3 CE also :lol:. They have 6 at Iwilei in inventory on their computers but can't find them. If anyone ever lucks out on those let me know, I really wanted one.

My friend actually told me about these prices. He couldn't find the Fable 3 CE either.

I don't know if this applies to all Kmarts in Hawaii, but I know the Waikele store has a sale on games, where all games that are $59.99 are $50.99. This works with the Mass Effect 2 (PS3) deal. Got Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2, and a $20 PSN card for $79.41.

Dead Space was half off 50.99 making it 25.50.

Not really deal related but would anyone happen to know where I might find 27x40 movie poster frames in Hawaii. Walmart, Kmart, Target, even Picture Plus don't stock that size.

[quote name='btt']Not really deal related but would anyone happen to know where I might find 27x40 movie poster frames in Hawaii. Walmart, Kmart, Target, even Picture Plus don't stock that size.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if they have, but you might want to call Ben Franklin (they have one in the Market City shopping center) or Fisher Hawaii (the big warehouse one kind of by Pipeline Cafe). Those stores have all kinds of stuff and you might get lucky.

Thanks redsoxfan808. Called all HI locations and the Kailua location may be able to custom make it. Hope it's not too expensive :X

For those of you who may be interested, Toys n Joys in Aiea is selling Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Standard Edition) early. Breaking the street date by a few days.

Nice catch. You've been so quiet I was starting to think you gave up CAG and focused and PLAYING the games instead of just buying them like me. :lol:

I've just been lurking as there hasn't been that many deals as of recent. Stadium Target also had PS2s for $69.99 and some SWFU2 CEs for the 360 if my memory serves me correctly. No DAO or Bayonetta.

Games have been cleared out at Stadium Target other than some 3rd party Wii and DS games.

Wow, this thread has been killed off. Anyhow, Costco Hawaii Kai has the EA sports Active for $15 deal. There's only Wii and PS3 versions left unless there a 360 version hiding among the others. There's like 20 Wii versions and maybe 3 PS3 ones.

Black Dsi in Wahiawa BBV left. I'd get it but too far for me. If someone from CAG does get it, post here so at least I'd know this thread still has a heartbeat.

[quote name='boneless']Nice. Did the have anything else worth mentioning? Or are they reducing the game section like most other stores nationwide? Was kinda interested in the wireless 360 headset for $30 but probably not.[/QUOTE]

A lot of Wii shovel ware. Video game department definitely seems to be downsizing.

There's some guy in the BBV thread that posted he cleared out a bunch of games and stuff from there. Has anyone tried to get a Blackops PS3 bundle with the $100 coupon from Bestbuy? That's pretty tempting.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone's looking for a 360 test drive unlimited 2, theres one left at iwilei. I just returned it so it may not even be on the shelf yet. Btt sorry but i got the last ps3 copy. Halo legendary is labeled at $60 too.

You're really not missing anything. I played about 15 mins and it felt really crappy. The enjoyment of getting the deal was better than the game.

The infamous 2 hero edition was a nice deal. I like the bag although I'll never use it. There's probably a few Gamestops that still have it or order online.

Stadium Target has about 40 copies of Infamous for $7.48. However I got it for about $7.48 cheaper a while back. Physical copies ftw?

It seems BB has been bringing the deals lately. Although the Resistance sale price pissed me off since it wasn't corrected in-store and the @gamer coupon doesn't work with a website pricematch. I did pickup a HP 16GB flashdrive for $18. On the front cover of the weekly ad.

BTW any of you guys got a 55" tv from Costco lately? I'm looking at the $1630 Sony or $1500 Samsung models they have and can't decide.

[quote name='boneless']BTW any of you guys got a 55" tv from Costco lately? I'm looking at the $1630 Sony or $1500 Samsung models they have and can't decide.[/QUOTE]

Might be better off waiting for BF or cyber Monday for LCD deals.

TRU has PoP (360) the original cell shaded one for $4.99 after the additional 50% off on clearance games. Picked up a new mousepad errr...X-Blades for $4.99 as well.

Checked out Target today by Pearl Harbor. If anyone is interested there is Infamous for the ps3 for $7.98 (about 20 copies) and a couple of copies of TV superstars for $4.98.

I already have Infamous I was hoping to get Borderlands that I have been hearing about. If anyone checks out the Leeward Target please let me know what they have.

[quote name='btt']Might be better off waiting for BF or cyber Monday for LCD deals.

TRU has PoP (360) the original cell shaded one for $4.99 after the additional 50% off on clearance games. Picked up a new mousepad errr...X-Blades for $4.99 as well.[/QUOTE]

I will gladly pay extra to not sleep outside a store. But I did get the 55" Sammy and love it. My PS3 games have never looked so good. OTA HD is great too, didn't know what I was missing.

[quote name='btt']Might be better off waiting for BF or cyber Monday for LCD deals.

TRU has PoP (360) the original cell shaded one for $4.99 after the additional 50% off on clearance games. Picked up a new mousepad errr...X-Blades for $4.99 as well.[/QUOTE]

I was able to pick up 1ea. GH 5, GH warriors, GH warriors band bundle, Band Hero, Tony Hawk shred and tony hawk ride all for ps3. $10 ea for tony's and gh's...... $30ea for band bundles. Tony Hawk games are not to good but for $10 it can make a nice gift.

Did anyone get or know someone who got the HP touchpad this morning in Hawaii?

When I heard the news last night I ordered one from Office depot at regular price for store pick-up. When I woke up this morning the price did drop in the US and I hit the OD first thing this morning. A line grew and the manager came out and told everyone that they didn't have them in stock when I asked him about preorders he said they did have that. I was able to pick mine up but Office depot had them at $129 and $149. Unfortunately I had ordered the 16gb thinking that the price would be the same as everywhere else ($99) but nope it was $129.99 and $149.99 I tried to upgrade but they didn't have any (or they were saying that and holding them). I am still uncertain if I am going to keep this or not especially at a higher price. There is a red tag on it though for a return policy of 14 days unopened. Maybe I will just wait it out and see.

I stopped by other stores Office Max and another office depot and radio shack walmart and sams with a no go.

Hope some Hawaii cags did better then me.....:D

Last edited:
[quote name='Pliskin101']Did anyone get or know someone who got the HP touchpad this morning in Hawaii?

When I heard the news last night I ordered one from Office depot at regular price for store pick-up. When I woke up this morning the price did drop in the US and I hit the OD first thing this morning. A line grew and the manager came out and told everyone that they didn't have them in stock when I asked him about preorders he said they did have that. I was able to pick mine up but Office depot had them at $129 and $149. Unfortunately I had ordered the 16gb thinking that the price would be the same as everywhere else ($99) but nope it was $129.99 and $149.99 I tried to upgrade but they didn't have any (or they were saying that and holding them). I am still uncertain if I am going to keep this or not especially at a higher price. There is a red tag on it though for a return policy of 14 days unopened. Maybe I will just wait it out and see.

I stopped by other stores Office Max and another office depot and radio shack walmart and sams with a no go.

Hope some Hawaii cags did better then me.....:D[/QUOTE]

Update: I got a price adjustment to the $99. Still haven't opened the box though.

Some idiot selling touchpads in hawaii on criags list.

"
HP Touchpad 32GB or 16GB - $300 (Honolulu Ala moana)

Date: 2011-08-22, 10:41AM HST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
HP Touchpad 32GB and 16GB. Sealed in box.

Sold out everywhere. This is an amazing tablet.

$250 for 16GB or $300 for 32GB. Cash only.

Look at amazon for more info:

http://www.amazon.com/HP-TouchPad-9...66V4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1314045518&sr=8-2
"

Quick you 808 CAGS.. I might know where to get an HP Touchpad for the price of $99 or less. If you get back here I will let you know where it is at.

and no it is not mine..

Anyone on Oahu interested in a Cerberus lithograph? Got an extra one, perfect condition. I framed mines and it looks awesome. Trade offers are welcome.

[quote name='Pliskin101']Update: I got a price adjustment to the $99. Still haven't opened the box though.

Some idiot selling touchpads in hawaii on criags list.

"
HP Touchpad 32GB or 16GB - $300 (Honolulu Ala moana)

Date: 2011-08-22, 10:41AM HST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
HP Touchpad 32GB and 16GB. Sealed in box.

Sold out everywhere. This is an amazing tablet.

$250 for 16GB or $300 for 32GB. Cash only.

Look at amazon for more info:

http://www.amazon.com/HP-TouchPad-9...66V4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1314045518&sr=8-2
"[/QUOTE]

I thought about getting it at radio shack but changed my mind. Too much work for me that early in morning. Congrats on getting it though.

Sears Pearlridge has additional 75% off clearance games.
Picked up Darksiders, Dragon Age, and White Knight Chronicles all on PS3 for 17.23 total.
There's several copies of each left.

On a side note which one of you CAGs went there this Saturday and hoarded out the whole lot and looked up TIVs for flipping purposes? All I have to say is...GREAT USE OF GIRLFRIEND/WIFE. She was carrying like 20+ games for you! /claps

[quote name='btt']Sears Pearlridge has additional 75% off clearance games.
Picked up Darksiders, Dragon Age, and White Knight Chronicles all on PS3 for 17.23 total.
There's several copies of each left.

On a side note which one of you CAGs went there this Saturday and hoarded out the whole lot and looked up TIVs for flipping purposes? All I have to say is...GREAT USE OF GIRLFRIEND/WIFE. She was carrying like 20+ games for you! /claps[/QUOTE]

So I'm guessing there's only shovelware left?

[quote name='boneless']So I'm guessing there's only shovelware left?[/QUOTE]

There's a couple copies of Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) and some FF crystal chronicles (wii) game as well as Fallout 3 (PS3) for $3.25, the games I bought, and several

Wow, never thought there would be a clearance at the Pearlridge Sears. I live nearby by I'm too lazy to go if the highlight of what's left in stock is what you mentioned, btt. Doubt I'd ever get to playing Fallout 3 even if I bought it.

If anyone's interested, Iwilei has Driver San Francisco for $40 PS3 or 360. The @gamer mag has a coupon for an additional $10 off. It's supposed to start next week but was marked down on the rack already.

I hit up pearlridge about a month ago on vacation {well visit home, I grew up in Waipahu) the discount was 50% then. I got 360 Oblivion GOTY 12.49. Someone might want to try to scan the 12 month xbox live clam shell packaging they had in the case, if it still there. It was shoved in the bottom on its side btween some othe stuff - not readily visible. Some of those went really cheap here in CA a couple month back. I should've asked when I was there.

[quote name='Toss']I hit up pearlridge about a month ago on vacation {well visit home, I grew up in Waipahu) the discount was 50% then. I got 360 Oblivion GOTY 12.49. Someone might want to try to scan the 12 month xbox live clam shell packaging they had in the case, if it still there. It was shoved in the bottom on its side btween some othe stuff - not readily visible. Some of those went really cheap here in CA a couple month back. I should've asked when I was there.[/QUOTE]

What part of CA are you in? I go there about 4x a year for work mostly L.A. area.

bread's done
Back