DA2 Signature edition for sale at Gamestop.com PS3/PC only

My total would have been close to 69 bucks. I decided to wait and get DA2 on sale somewhere at a lower price, then the extra 7 bucks for the DLC missions and I'll still come in way under that price. Have to play Awakenings anyways. :lol:

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I'm picking up another copy, but why aren't they offering the pre-order bonus Sword/Shield that comes with the standard version? I mean... the game's not out yet, it should still be eligible right?[/QUOTE]
According to GameStop, the bonus is in-game.

edit: I finally bit on a PS3 copy. Thanks OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sadboy']According to Gamestop, the bonus is in-game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but we still need a code for it. And if you look at the gamestop website, what people are talking about is that the signature edition listing does not say it comes with these pre-order bonus items. I guess we will see tomorrow

Bonus!

More details
In-game Fadeshear Sword and Lion of Orlais Shield

Pre-order your copy of Dragon Age 2 from GameStop and receive the in-game Fadeshear Sword and Lion of Orlais Shield.

Fadeshear Sword: The core of this blade is old. As old as the first smiths who sought a way to battle the nightmares from the land beyond. It has fought the demonic hosts in countless battles.

• Improves with each level-up
  • Additional damage vs. demons and undead

Lion of Orlais Shield: But everyone remembers the gallant young lord Emile Deveraux, "The Golden Prince". Thought outnumbered at every turn, he racked victory upon victory culminating in the Seventh Battle of Roses. While wearing this shield he broke through his uncle's vanguard to win the day.

• 2 rune slots
  • Adds to health
  • Adds to % XP gain
This is the pre-order bonus. Amazon is e-mailing the codes out to people separately, so it's definitely not "in" the Signature Edition. Nor does it mention anything about this on the SE product page on GameStop.

I'm gonna e-mail GameStop CS after it ships regardless. Those codes are gonna be worth a bit too >.

Ordered PS3 copy. I hope this is the signature edition and we are all not be hoodwinked by Gamestop!

I would guess that since the 360 version isn't available to order, these are truly Signature Editions that they are clearing out. If it was just the regular edition why wouldn't the 360 version be up as well?

[quote name='Xenogears']Yeah, but we still need a code for it. And if you look at the gamestop website, what people are talking about is that the signature edition listing does not say it comes with these pre-order bonus items. I guess we will see tomorrow[/QUOTE]
Crap. There's no reason not to include the bonus if that's the case. I guessed it was a bonus included in the initial print of the game a la Halo Reach.

I will have a 360 copy in my hands after midnight tonight. I have no use for it since I dont own a 360 anymore.....Taking offers :)

[quote name='krashhole']And yes, it comes with the bonus sword and shield[/QUOTE]

All you had to do was edit your post to include all this extra information.

[quote name='karatebear']All you had to do was edit your post to include all this extra information.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip.

should i get this?
i beat the first one and i didnt really like it
bad framerate, skipped lines, lots of glitches, okay story
the only positive thing was how cool the magic was
i didnt really like the demo for dragon age 2
but the signature edition makes me want to buy it, but im afraid ill regret it
what should i do?

[quote name='food4me3389']should i get this?
what should i do?[/QUOTE]
Get it, then possibly regret it.

[quote name='food4me3389']should i get this?
what should i do?[/QUOTE]

Don't get it, then possibly regret it.

>.< gamestop got such crazy shipping charges is not even funny. wish they'd had a store pick up option that mightve made it worth it but at 71.99 including taxes uhm....

Does anybody else think it's odd that both games are still "in stock" after being posted for 12 hours now? Hell, I can add 100 copies of each and it doesn't give me any hassles at all. I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade here but it just adds to the uncertainty of this.

[quote name='kennedykougar']>.< gamestop got such crazy shipping charges is not even funny. wish they'd had a store pick up option that mightve made it worth it but at 71.99 including taxes uhm....[/QUOTE]

It was only 2.99 for me.

I was actually looking for a ps3 version and every gamestop I called had none except for one store. The guy told me had 1 copy for the 360 because the guy that reserved back in January bought a gaming PC and switched his order to the PC version. Didnt want it, but I figured I could do some trading or something of that nature.

[quote name='karatebear']Does anybody else think it's odd that both games are still "in stock" after being posted for 12 hours now? Hell, I can add 100 copies of each and it doesn't give me any hassles at all. I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade here but it just adds to the uncertainty of this.[/QUOTE]

But they also have separate listings for the regular editions, including 360 which is not included in the Sig editions online.

Heads up:

clear.gif
Coupon VSHIP - Free value shipping on orders of $24.99 or more. Offer excludes game consoles. Expires 3/31

[quote name='sandbag']Heads up:

clear.gif
Coupon VSHIP - Free value shipping on orders of $24.99 or more. Offer excludes game consoles. Expires 3/31[/QUOTE]
Are you sandbagging us? Just kidding. Someone already mentioned the code doesn't work.

[quote name='sadboy']Are you sandbagging us? Just kidding. Someone already mentioned the code doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

Strange, It worked for me about 15 minutes ago.

[quote name='sandbag']Strange, It worked for me about 15 minutes ago.[/QUOTE]
Is there anyway to show proof? Not that I doubt you or anything. I probably wouldn't change my order now, but it does sound a bit curious.

[quote name='sadboy']Is there anyway to show proof? Not that I doubt you or anything. I probably wouldn't change my order now, but it does sound a bit curious.[/QUOTE]

Well the code applies but you still get charged shipping when you get up to that point in checkout

[quote name='gotdott']Well the code applies but you still get charged shipping when you get up to that point in checkout[/QUOTE]

It looks like it only applies to in stock items.
I purchased a 2nd copy of TO:LUCT and it worked,
that's when I posted here without checking if it would work with
DA.
Just verified a few minutes ago that it does work with in stock
games but not DA.

Picked up one of PS3 and chose expedited shipping. I don't have much interest in the Signature Edition other then if it truly is rare (second guessing that now with all the late sales) then it'll go nice in my collection.

Edit: I just got an "order under review" e-mail. So much for expedited shipping... does anyone know how long they review these orders for?

When I ordered during the last B2G1F sale, it took somewhere between two and a half days before I received a shipping confirmation (I ordered Monday afternoon and received a confirmation Wednesday evening). However, I received the item that very weekend using standard shipping.

vship works but a $2.99 "handling" charge urks me...so I backed out..

such a cheapass

caved as I remembered a $10 unused code I had...

[quote name='scarhawk']Awww crap. PC version sold out >_< Too late.[/QUOTE]

Which is even more proof that these are Sig. Editions :)

My FYE order is sitting at "Processing..." .. hoping that changes to shipping soon. Or just flat out cancel it on me so I can order the PS3 version while it's still there. I have a sinking feeling I'm going to lose out on one because of this.

Well, since I didn't get in on the DAII Signature Edition pre order, I was planning on holding off on DAII entirely until the inevitable Ultimate/GOTY Edition is released with all DLC included. However, thanks to CAG - I was able to jump on a copy for the PS3. Thanks, OP!

Wish they had the 360 still for sale, guess ill pass and hope that it shows up later. Never even played Dragon Age on my PS3 anyway.

Since I put all the work into getting all the free DLC they've given away so far I figured I might as well actually get the game, and ordered the PS3 version.

EDIT: Technically this is still a preorder, I wonder if they'll send us the DLC preorder bonuses. I know the page doesn't mention them, but I think they stopped taking preorders for the Signature Edition before they were announced.

[quote name='rainking187']Since I put all the work into getting all the free DLC they've given away so far I figured I might as well actually get the game, and ordered the PS3 version.

EDIT: Technically this is still a preorder, I wonder if they'll send us the DLC preorder bonuses. I know the page doesn't mention them, but I think they stopped taking preorders for the Signature Edition before they were announced.[/QUOTE]
Someone mentioned they were going to contact CS to find out.

Anyway, check out this list of DLC/unlockable freebies and their prerequisites, for those who haven't kept up with them (myself included): http://www.vgrevolution.com/2011/03/all-of-the-dragon-age-2-unlockables/

Just placed an order. If worse comes to worse, then I can return it. IDK if I want to open it. Tempted to buy a 360 copy and sell this one off.

[quote name='Abeja']Just placed an order. If worse comes to worse, then I can return it. IDK if I want to open it. Tempted to buy a 360 copy and sell this one off.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I just did. I preordered both the PC and 360 signature editions from Amazon back in October but with the crazy prices they are selling for there is no way I was going to keep them.

I just sold both the PC and 360 version for $100 each on Amazon :cool:. Going to pickup a 360 regular edition copy tomorrow, play through it, sell it, and then pick up the PC GOTY edition on Steam next year.

[quote name='sandbag']It looks like it only applies to in stock items.
I purchased a 2nd copy of TO:LUCT and it worked,
that's when I posted here without checking if it would work with
DA.
Just verified a few minutes ago that it does work with in stock
games but not DA.[/QUOTE]

It's not just limited to DA2, we said it was confirmed to not work for preorders.. TO:LUCT is a released game

My 2 PC editions are shipped.

Hate that these things ended up being so "limited" I was hoping for a true tough to get game. PC version still gonna be the most rare.

EDIT: Traced again and it shows it's due to be delivered today, release day. Cheapass shipping from Louisville KY. :D

bread's done
Back