DA2 Signature edition for sale at Gamestop.com PS3/PC only

I just picked up the 360 version at the midnight release. I have the receipt with the code that entitles you to some extra in-game content also. Shoot me some offers.

So just used my 20$ off code from EA on a 360 copy, came out to $50 after tax and shipping. Was gonna use it on ME3 but may get that through Amazon since they offer a credit.

So I go from holding off on DA2 to buying a Signature Edition for PS3 and standard for 360. Thanks CAG!

I am so tempted but the 30 off the 50 cards at kmart plus 10,000 back is a tough one. Even if it is rare. IS the signature content worth it or is it justthe fact that it is a signature. TIa?

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Gamestop I went to at midnight, at 3 extra signature editions for the 360, bought all 3.[/QUOTE]

10 hours later there are some very upset gamers that lost a preorder :p

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm still not understanding how this is possible.... How do so many retailers have all this phantom stock?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't trust them too much. I read their FAQ and some of their mechanics are very archaic: like having the need to e-mail them for a tracking number if they use UPS.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Gamestop I went to at midnight, at 3 extra signature editions for the 360, bought all 3.[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to call around and see myself, some of my stores get extra stuff in a lot. I remember when they had the limited/timed preorder of Halo ODST with the special controller one of the stores near me literally had a pile of them. I have it preordered (3 are right near me with another few a little further out) at one but it's only $9 and I can always transfer that over to Skyrim or something.

amazon prices are taking a nose dive on the signature edition, went from 150+ for all 3 versions down to $100 on pc, $65 for ps3/360

Signature contains:

A full copy of Dragon Age II for Xbox 360
A download code for a bonus character and missions
A downloadable game soundtrack
An exclusive in-game digital armory featuring multiple weapons
Additional downloadable items

[quote name='ritchardf']amazon prices are taking a nose dive on the signature edition, went from 150+ for all 3 versions down to $100 on pc, $65 for ps3/360[/QUOTE]

People are finally realizing that it's ridiculous to pay a $90 premium for digital crap. My faith in humanity is slowly being restored...nevermind, still going for over $100 for the PC version on ebay.

[quote name='krashhole']3 copies.....seriously? Too bad they aren't worth more than the price you paid after tax for each LOL[/QUOTE]
I got 6 copies....seriously. $147 made so far with 2 more to sell (and maybe 3 if I decide I dont want a copy). Granted I wont make almost $50 each on the other 3 but it doesn't matter at this point. "LOL"

[quote name='turboice']has anyone had these shipped from GS are they legit?[/QUOTE]
Mine shipped but it remains to be seen if theyre actually the Signature Edition. I imagine they are though since there's nothing to indicate they aren't. If nothing else return it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I got 6 copies....seriously. $147 made so far with 2 more to sell (and maybe 3 if I decide I dont want a copy). Granted I wont make almost $50 each on the other 3 but it doesn't matter at this point. "LOL"[/QUOTE]

You have sold 3 and only made $147? Thats like $49 each

[quote name='krashhole']You have sold 3 and only made $147? Thats like $49 each[/QUOTE]

Are you dense?

He's obviously referring to profit and not gross.

"LOL"

[quote name='krashhole']You have sold 3 and only made $147? Thats like $49 each[/QUOTE]
$147 profit on top of what I've paid for those 3 copies. After ebay/paypal/shipping fees I netted $339 for 3 copies sold. So technically overall you could say I'm still out about $50 total at the moment ($386 spent vs $339 made), but I've got 3 remaining copies for that $50.

Edit: Thats assuming all the sales go the way I'm hoping for.

[quote name='Brother Daz']anyone know exactly what the weight of the Xbox 360 version is? (for shipping)[/QUOTE]

Amazon says it is 4.8 ounces. They list weights for most products. Most games are between 4.5-6 ounces.

Gamestop pS3 SE is now in stock, so VSHIP now works and if you buy 2 copies you can use 2SAVE20 and save $20 but VSHIP will not combine with that.

[quote name='ShockandAww']$147 profit on top of what I've paid for those 3 copies. After ebay/paypal/shipping fees I netted $339 for 3 copies sold. So technically overall you could say I'm still out about $50 total at the moment ($386 spent vs $339 made), but I've got 3 remaining copies for that $50.

Edit: Thats assuming all the sales go the way I'm hoping for.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok. Thats a cool deal then. I use to sell on ebay like crazy some years back. But when their fees went through the roof, I started selling local.

I think why online retailers suddenly have this pop up is because the signature edition was basically the 1st print. cduniverse, familyvideo and the like are putting inventory in their system.
Their store orders would have been placed a couple months ago, so they would have an allotment of the 1st print/signature edition.
I haven't seen any numbers, but I would imagine EA printed a few million of the signature edition. And there probably will be a good chance of finding it in stores like bestbuy or toys r us. I would be more surprised if larger stores didn't have the signature edition, the way inventory and logistics take place, the wheels usually begun turning a few months before onsale, within the original preorder window so EA would be able to set the highest possible print quantity.

Has anybody tried calling a local Gamestop? I went to Check Availability and all stores near me have it in stock.

[quote name='ldsdrive']Has anybody tried calling a local Gamestop? I went to Check Availability and all stores near me have it in stock.[/QUOTE]

Prolly will say that until preorders are picked up.

[quote name='AcidRain25']Gamestop pS3 SE is now in stock, so VSHIP now works and if you buy 2 copies you can use 2SAVE20 and save $20 but VSHIP will not combine with that.[/QUOTE]
Good deal for anyone still looking for it.

Hey guys VSHIP does work.

I called Gamestop custoemr service and had the shipping refunded back yo my card. Aslo, I asked about the prorder bonuses and was assured that the bonuses did apply to this editiona s wel and that I should be receiving an email after the ordr ships.

On a side note, if you downloaded the demo and log into your bioware social account, I beleive the bonuese are already there with your account. ( I could be wrong as I did not receive the game yet but registered the game via a UPC I found online yesterday, perhaps that was what triggered the preorder bonuses showing up on my profile.)

2SAVE20 does not work. I tried ordering online and it wouldn't apply and I called support and they couldn't apply it on their end.

An Amazon merchant has it in stock for 58 bucks plus 6 bucks shipping... went this route due to gift cards.

And for others, I got the save20 thing to work fine... just didn't want to pull the trigger.

[quote name='Saint Noir']And for others, I got the save20 thing to work fine... just didn't want to pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

If you didn't order, stop spreading misinformation.

The 2SAVE20 errors out right at checkout.

[quote name='blindinglights']If you didn't order, stop spreading misinformation.

The 2SAVE20 errors out right at checkout.[/QUOTE]

After you put in your credit card info? Not trying to spread misinformation, so quit being a jerk.

Well I did overnight shipping and they are in my city, so I will hopefully find out that these are indeed the Sig Edition within the next few hours. On another note, GameStop emailed me the preorder bonus code :) but I ordered a couple copies of the game and they only sent 1 code. Wondering if they will be able to send me a couple more...

confirming 2save20 now works for the ps3 sig edition.
Coupon was fail/error and then went through, order placed, charged, confirmed
didn't stack with vship or any automatic free shipping, so that adds $4.49 for 2 $59.99 games

[quote name='vherub']confirming 2save20 now works for the ps3 sig edition.
Coupon was fail/error and then went through, order placed, charged, confirmed
didn't stack with vship or any automatic free shipping, so that adds $4.49 for 2 $59.99 games[/QUOTE]

You actually made the order? It canceled at the very last step for me as well as the GameStop rep on the phone.

Well the PC signature edition is back in stock and 2save20 worked on my order.

89f96a621e6a5d2dc594cdb10aaaf552.png

[quote name='Saint Noir']After you put in your credit card info? Not trying to spread misinformation, so quit being a jerk.[/QUOTE]

Yes it canceled after putting in CC information and it wouldn't work for the GameStop representative when he tried making the order on the website either. I wasn't trying to be a jerk, sorry, I just didn't understand why you were reporting it as working if you didn't actually make the order.

[quote name='Brenex']Well the PC signature edition is back in stock and 2save20 worked on my order.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I'm going to call support again. :bomb:

bread's done
Back