DA2 Signature edition for sale at Gamestop.com PS3/PC only

So overstock shipped me the regular version because they couldn't fulfill my signature edition order. Why would they just ship it like that without letting me know until after it shipped? Stupid.

[quote name='mmercer13']So overstock shipped me the regular version because they couldn't fulfill my signature edition order. Why would they just ship it like that without letting me know until after it shipped? Stupid.[/QUOTE]

Because they fucked up and didn't know themselves until recently. I already sent my copy back.

[quote name='HydroX']So uh, Trance... about that extra copy. ;) Lol.[/QUOTE]

A buddy is supposed to send me a few; he was confident so I'm waiting. I don't like to make false promises, so as soon as I get them. I'll post about it. :)

I want to get some copies for CAG just as badly as you guys want them lol.

[quote name='Trance Addix']A buddy is supposed to send me a few; he was confident so I'm waiting. I don't like to make false promises, so as soon as I get them. I'll post about it. :)

I want to get some copies for CAG just as badly as you guys want them lol.[/QUOTE]

lol, no rush. I have other games I should be playing anyways.

Thanks for the update though. Didn't expect a reply so fast.

[quote name='HydroX']lol, no rush. I have other games I should be playing anyways.

Thanks for the update though. Didn't expect a reply so fast.[/QUOTE]

I do a lot of my internet business at night before bed lol.

[quote name='Kaiser499']I sold a 360 version earlier for $95.00. Waiting on my PC version to sell now.[/QUOTE]
On Amazon right? If so that was me who bought it from you

[quote name='zippleftw']On Amazon right? If so that was me who bought it from you[/QUOTE]

Well, thanks for your purchase. I sold my PC version as well. I'll ship it out later today.

how much did u sell ur pc version?

I sold 4 total I ordered from gamestop, and yes newegg is piece of shit.. they still hold my order from january 11th. Lucky I found some copies at gamestop that I could send

[quote name='hanabie']how much did u sell ur pc version?

I sold 4 total i ordered from gamestop, and yes newegg is piece of shit.. They still hold my order from january 11th. Lucky i found some copies at gamestop that i could send[/quote]

$109.99

I offered a guy 80 on ebay and he let it expire and the auction end. seems most are selling for 119 buy it now though.

Didn't intend to buy two, but preordered amazon and a forgotten preorder at Amazon...sold mine, plus the Amazon preorder bonus for 109....a LOT more than I ever thought I'd get for it...now do I sell my other copy, and more importantly do I sell my Dragon Age 1 Collector's Guide which is still sealed...it'll probably never be worth more than the next week or so...

Decisions...

God those prices are crazy. Do people realize that what you get is a black cover and a $7 DLC?

And if these people are such huge Dragon Age fans that they absolutely have to have the Signature Edition, how could they not have been aware of it back in October?

I sold my Amazon preorder for $125 and one I found at a local gamestop for $104.95. Both were PC, I have a third one but with the price going down I might keep this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to get this store to sell me a signature edition that still hasn't been picked up. The manager said that they are gonna give the guy until Monday... what a bunch of BS. Their policy says once its 48 hours past release the preorder goes out onto the floor. I have no doubt they are holding it for a buddy.

[quote name='Optical']I tried to get this store to sell me a signature edition that still hasn't been picked up. The manager said that they are gonna give the guy until Monday... what a bunch of BS. Their policy says once its 48 hours past release the preorder goes out onto the floor. I have no doubt they are holding it for a buddy.[/QUOTE]

Yes corporate policy often sucks, especially when you're working under it, but there's also something to be said about keeping that personal connection with loyal customers that shop in your store, often. That's what it sounds like they are doing, in this case. Benefit of the doubt, per say. And if that person still does not pick it up by Monday, I'm sure it will be all yours! :)

Just my thoughts on what you had said, Optical.

[quote name='Abeja']I just got my second copy of the PS3 SE in the mail. Trying to get rid of it if someone cant find a PS3 copy.[/QUOTE]

how much are you looking to get for it?

my 2 local gamestops refused to let go any of the copies they had for pre-orders even though the 48 hold period is up, for once gamestop is doing something to help people who pre order and its fucking me over. all i want is a fucking ps3 copy

the SE is losing value... because a lot of people have it right now.. might want to sell it later like in a few months of a year.

i saw a couple of auctions ending at $60 - $70

[quote name='giantqtipz']the SE is losing value... because a lot of people have it right now.. might want to sell it later like in a few months of a year.

i saw a couple of auctions ending at $60 - $70[/QUOTE]

I doubt it will go up much in value, once the GOTY comes out with all the DLC in one the signature editions become mostly worthless. Maybe hold onto the soundtrack.

[quote name='Sulik2']I doubt it will go up much in value, once the GOTY comes out with all the DLC in one the signature editions become mostly worthless. Maybe hold onto the soundtrack.[/QUOTE]
The soundtrack is just a free download.

Wow this is fading quickly. If I had known that all extras would be available on Day 1 I wouldn't have tried so hard to get the SE. Can't quite play it now anyway due to a cast on my arm.

I just went to a Gamestop that had around 20 plus Sig Editions and they said they hold special editions for a week. Corporate policy is 48 hours no matter what.

Does anyone have the e-mail for corporate?

[quote name='Trance Addix']I just went to a Gamestop that had around 20 plus Sig Editions and they said they hold special editions for a week. Corporate policy is 48 hours no matter what.

Does anyone have the e-mail for corporate?[/QUOTE]
They told me the same thing. They said that it would be another week, after they call all the people. What a load of crap...

[quote name='Trance Addix']I just went to a Gamestop that had around 20 plus Sig Editions and they said they hold special editions for a week. Corporate policy is 48 hours no matter what.

[email protected]

... in all seriousness, you're far better off calling and talking to a real person. just go back to the gamestop and ask for the district manager's phone number. when they ask you why, you can reply by saying something to the effect, "for neglecting corporate policy, refusing a sale, and failing to fulfill the company's obligation to shareholders." chances are they will sell you one on the spot.

Scheisse. How big is your GameStop? Compared to my stores (within a fifteen mile radius), I'd be lucky if they could consolidate twenty that haven't been claimed.

why do you think its such a big deal to charge high shipping?

hes just being a cheapass because ebay charges you 15% of the sale price but not the shipping, which is outrageous. I was thinking about doing it this way too, he isnt tricking the buyers, they arent dumb enough to think its really only 1 dollar.

[quote name='Swift900'][email protected]

... in all seriousness, you're far better off calling and talking to a real person. just go back to the gamestop and ask for the district manager's phone number. when they ask you why, you can reply by saying something to the effect, "for neglecting corporate policy, refusing a sale, and failing to fulfill the company's obligation to shareholders." chances are they will sell you one on the spot.[/QUOTE]

It worked out; I found some at a GS in NJ near my gf's house. I did send an e-mail and would have returned to the store to follow up with your advice.

[quote name='sadboy']Scheisse. How big is your GameStop? Compared to my stores (within a fifteen mile radius), I'd be lucky if they could consolidate twenty that haven't been claimed.[/QUOTE]

It's located in a mall and according them they are the number one store in the region. So take that at face value lol.

[quote name='confoosious']shame. i guess not enough people reported it. We should have a "report this auction" thread....[/QUOTE]

It was another thread I think, but a bunch of people were talking about how sleazy the $80 shipping costs and $5 sale price tactic is. A bunch of others were saying "why do you care? Lay off, it doesn't matter."When some replied that it will eventually make it worse for all ebayers, we were not far off. Anyone else get this e-mail from e-bay about their updated fee's?

Heres one change: Because we know buyers take into consideration the total cost of an item, also starting April 19, to encourage sellers to keep shipping costs low, the Final Value Fee will be applied to the total amount of the sale--including shipping.

There ya go. Now e-bay fees apply to the sale cost and shipping. Thanks sleazebags. Whats even funnier, is they are probably going to be the ones complaining the most since it destroys their loophole to avoid fees, but they are the biggest reason for it. Thats also probably why e-bay doesn't care anymore, soon enough it won't work

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']why do you think its such a big deal to charge high shipping?

hes just being a cheapass because ebay charges you 15% of the sale price but not the shipping, which is outrageous. I was thinking about doing it this way too, he isnt tricking the buyers, they arent dumb enough to think its really only 1 dollar.[/QUOTE]
LOL, go for it

meh i tried and it wont let me enter more than 4.00 shipping no matter which shipping type i put, even overnight. weird. either they recently fixed it or he has some kind of workaround.

bread's done
Back