Dai Senryaku & Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum $10 at K-Mart B&M (YMMV)...

josekortez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
This may have already been posted, but I picked up both Dai Senryaku Exceed and Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum (both for PS2) at K-Mart for $10 each. They were value-stickered but not on clearance, and some of them were marked at $15 too, so YMMV on this one. Just rummage through the selection to find the cheapest ones. If it has been posted, just lock this thread. Thanks.

Saw these yesterday, is Dai Senryaku any good? Looked fairly interesting, but I've got a lot of games that I bought because of that and have yet to even play...

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Saw these yesterday, is Dai Senryaku any good? Looked fairly interesting, but I've got a lot of games that I bought because of that and have yet to even play...[/QUOTE]

If you dig Military Madness, you will love this game...or if you want an even more involved Advance Wars, you will probably dig this name

DS7 is one of the best wargame/turn based strategy game on consoles. Exceed is the version to have no matter if you have played/own the xbox version.

I'll reproduce what has been posted in my other thread here:

JVGFanatic's review on the older xbox version, a short & sweet review or this very detailed review.

Link to the offical site and I qoute:

Key Game Features
  • 400+ individual types of modern combat units
  • Includes Air, Ground and Sea warfare
  • Up to four players per battle
  • New gameplay features with new units for this version
  • Map editor allows you to create your own map
  • Each unit has its own specific abilities and stats
  • Complete tutorial system will show you how to play
Here is a link to a forum post on the US publisher (Valcon Games) site, describing the Enhancements over the Xbox version, and I qoute:

So, in case you're wondering what's new in this version:

i) Campaign Mode -- four independant fictional campaigns with multiple missions that have branching conditions (except the first campaign which only has two missions). A branching condition means that when you win a particular mission the next mission you play will depend on various goals you achieved in the mission just played. For instance, if playing a mission with an AI ally -- if you win by beating your opponent, but your ally is defeated before you win, then you proceed to mission (a), however if you win and your ally survived, then you go to mission (b).

ii) New Abilities -- there are two new commands - BOMB and REPAIR. BOMB is used by aircraft to damage facilities such as cities and factories. If a facility is damaged its output is reduced. Facilities start with 100 health and each BOMB attack depletes the health. When a facility's health reaches zero it no can no longer function. There is also an ability called 'Intercept'. Units with this ability can attack an enemy unit that moves into their range. This is particularly useful with anti-air units, as they will now attack enemy air units that come within range automatically during the enemy's turn.

iii) New Unit type -- Engineer units have been added. These units are used to REPAIR damaged facilities. You can repair neutral or friendly facilities with an engineer unit instead of moving.

iv) Improved UI -- specifically for the US release we've added a couple of requested features. During multi-player Free Play games, when control passes to another actual player (as opposed to an AI player) the game will present a black screen with the army flag displayed allowing you to switch players without seeing more units than you should. You can now inspect a unit directly from a single button press, but to do so, you'll need to assign the function using the settings screen.

v) In-Game Operators -- now there is a voiced operator prompting you when various things happen during game play. This adds to the flavor of the game and you have the choice between a female, male and none. Note that we reduced the number of operators from 6 to 2...

vi) More Free Play maps -- the game supports more Free Play maps with the addition of all the Campaign Maps.

I think that's it -- If I remember something else I'll add it here.

Colin.

I had no luck finding NGBC at my K-mart but did find KOF XI for $10 so I got NGBC at gamecrazy for $15

FYI, I picked up NGBC, KOF XI, & Fire Pro Wrestling for 9.99 at BestBuy today. They were all in a big display in front of the video game section and all had a generic 9.99 UPC on them.

[quote name='cgh312']FYI, I picked up NGBC, KOF XI, & Fire Pro Wrestling for 9.99 at BestBuy today. They were all in a big display in front of the video game section and all had a generic 9.99 UPC on them.[/quote]

Can anyone else verify this at Best Buy? So far, none of the other retailers have NGBC in stock in Fort Collins.

[quote name='cgh312']FYI, I picked up NGBC, KOF XI, & Fire Pro Wrestling for 9.99 at BestBuy today. They were all in a big display in front of the video game section and all had a generic 9.99 UPC on them.[/QUOTE]
Same here! :D NGBC is pretty damn good.

The 2 K-Marts I've been to don't have KOF XI or Neogeo Battle Coliseum, so I'm wondering how many of each were at the locations where people have found them. I've seen the floor stands where the value video games are, and haven't seen either title in them. I did find a Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 1 at a K-Mart, that I picked up, but it was locked up. I'd like to pick up both games at $10, but haven't found them yet. I'll be checking my local Best Buy too, since people have seen them there for $10, but for the people who have seen these 2 games at Best Buy or K-Mart, how many have you seen there?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Saw these yesterday, is Dai Senryaku any good? Looked fairly interesting, but I've got a lot of games that I bought because of that and have yet to even play...[/quote]

Dai Senryaku is a ridiculously over complicated turn based strategy game. I don't think the strategy is any deeper then what is needed in Advanced Wars, it just far, far more complex.

For the campaign maps, the first half hour is spent looking at all the units and looking at the range / power of their weapons. Having 5 different types of similar fighters each with a different weapons mix makes "if I move here, who can attack me a very complicated question."

[quote name='Byakurai']Can anyone else verify this at Best Buy? So far, none of the other retailers have NGBC in stock in Fort Collins.[/quote]What cgh12 saw was what is called the Front Row display and Front Row games. They vary from Best Buy to Best Buy.

There is additional information about these games and what Front Row is within this thread: Best Buy Front Row

Yeah, I went to another K-Mart last night when I returned to my hometown for the holidays, and they didn't have any copies of Dai Senryaku or Battle Coliseum. I only found one copy of Fire Pro for $14.99. The selection of value games was picked over at best. I think I'll head to Best Buy today so I can return the $20 copy of Fire Pro I bought from Gamestop. Thanks for the heads up on that one.

After buying gifts for everybody and knowing that I'll only get gift cards from other people, it'll be nice to have something to unwrap and play on Tuesday...

bread's done
Back