Damn, I got sum scratches on my screen. What's the best method to remove them?

brodiemash

Banned
I have sum scratches on my screen. Does anyone know of a good solution to remove them? I know there are some iPod scratch removers out there that I thought might work but I wanted to see if anything else is out there. Peace!

i dont care about mine being scratched anymore, did you just buy your psp? If you did I would understand why you would care so much cause that's how i was, but now i frankly don't give a sh!t about it

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']i dont care about mine being scratched anymore, did you just buy your psp? If you did I would understand why you would care so much cause that's how i was, but now i frankly don't give a sh!t about it[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you start out all paranoid, and then eventually you don't care about scratches because the LCD is backlit and you can't see the scratches when it's turned on anyway.

I tried using iCleaner on mine, but it didn't take out any scratches it just made it look worse because of the cloth making more mini scratches that I luckily don't see during gameplay.

Don't use any scratch remover. It will further scratch your screen. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE.

Instead, get a screen protector. One of those plastic ones that stick to the screen (they don't leave anything behind). I am using this one:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...562874-4407324?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846

It was a total pain in the ass to get it on, and you'll probably get a few little flakes of dust underneath the cover that are invisible during gameplay, but the best thing about this is... since it is non-reflective, *you can't see any scratches on the screen.*

So that's my 2 cents.

when I 1st took my PSP outta box, I put the Hori screen protecter on... worked like a charm... not a single scratch....

Too bad I don't have it no more...

I scratched mine in less than 24 hours after I bought it. They were 2 fine micro scratches that happened when I tried wiping the screen with the included cloth (with dust particles I din't know existed between the cloth and the psp screen ---> my own logic of what might have happened). Well, so I bought the HORI screen protector and applied it.

Tips: TO apply the protcetor, make sure you wash your hand really good, and dry em REALLY GOOD. OR try donning latex gloves to apply the screen protector, as you don't want any finger prints / smudges to appear UNDER the protector. Take the protector with one hand, and take a soft ruler/ card/ 10 plies of post-it notes on the other hand (I used the METro card that I gpt when I went to NYC---- this thing will help you applying the protector and to avoid air bubbles to get entrapped under the protector.

I put a Hori Protector on mine the first day I bought it, and the screen is still flawless. I have 2 extras just sitting around incase something messes up the protector, but so far its still crystal clear.

novus8vg.jpg

Novus Plastic Polish is your best friend.

bread's done
Back