Damn my preorder for Halo 2 went backordered what now?

jlarlee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
I had jumped on the outpost $40 deal and it went backordered. Should I cancel my order and get it elsewhere? Are any of the stores giving out extras for it. Paying $50 for it won't bug me because I will get a ton of play out of this probably

I thought all Outpost pre-orders showed up as back ordered. My DOA Ultimate and Ace Combat 5 show as backordered...or at least I think they did.

I tried at GameRush....so hopefully they will get it. They don't seem to have a high volume of people in there, so I'm saying yes.....yeah....nice shiny metal case....oooohhhh, ahhhhhh

[quote name='jlarlee']I had jumped on the outpost $40 deal and it went backordered. Should I cancel my order and get it elsewhere? Are any of the stores giving out extras for it. Paying $50 for it won't bug me because I will get a ton of play out of this probably[/quote]

My Thug 2 Pre-Order was listed as back ordered too, but they shipped it two days later.

target is doing pre-ordering for halo 2, and my store only has like 20 so far. this week, if you pre-order, you get like 10 bucks off any game that's 29.99 and up.

Luckily I live in a small enough town that if I wanted to I could go to K-Mart and pick up a copy on release day. It sucks living in a town with only a K-Mart and the town telling Wal Mart no.

[quote name='kristianator']target is doing pre-ordering for halo 2, and my store only has like 20 so far. this week, if you pre-order, you get like 10 bucks off any game that's 29.99 and up.[/quote]

I don't know how many my local Target has, but I would guess it's probably very close. Target has done many preorders in the past couple years, and most of them generate very few pre-orders. Despite the hype around the games and Target advertising the pre-orders themselves, last years Pokemon games garnered a whopping 2 pre-orders, and Wind Waker, even with the bonus disc, I think only got 6. And Target will hold copies for a couple days just like any other store, so if you've got one nearby, its a good bet to order there.

actually i think it means out of stock not back ordered here is the email

Dear JEREMY :

Thank you for your order! We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered is currently out of stock and we are unable to provide a
definite ship date at this time. However, we continually receive
new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill your
order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

At this time, your order is still pending and will ship as soon
as the item(s) is in stock. Your order number is J64636300100 .

If you would prefer to cancel, change, or check the status of
your order, please call customer service at 1-877-OUTPOST
(International customers may call +1-860-927-2050) or e-mail us
at [email protected].

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for choosing Fry's Outpost.com.

I don't think they have a form email that they can send to acknowledge that yes, it's a preorder, and they'll send it when they can.

Chances are it's something in their system that automatically sees that you have an order, the item is not in stock (because it can't be at this point in time, but the automated system can't tell that), and it shoots you an email to let you know.

Im thinking of just cancelling it. The EB I am near is brand new and is only open like 7 hours a day so it doesn't get a lot of traffic so they still have preorders left. Plus they are opening up sepcially for this game at midnight on release day

[quote name='Scorch']If you're just now trying to get a preorder on Halo, you're kinda screwed. My EB just hit over 700 preorders.[/quote]

The Gamestop here was over 700 about three weeks ago. The highest they had before was around 300 for Vice City.

[quote name='LinkinA']my eb claims to have over 2,000 preorders, but something tells me they were showing off.[/quote]

The #1 EB in the country doesn't even have 2,000 preorders, AFAIK.

The Gamestop here was over 700 about three weeks ago. The highest they had before was around 300 for Vice City.

Our EB averaged a little less for Vice City than what Halo 2 is getting. However, San Andreas preorders are literally half of those of what Vice City is. Odd.

I live in Tennessee, and you guys know the reputation.. I'm starting to wonder.. I really don't wanna throw a race card out there, but I'm starting to wonder if that's why a lot of people around here aren't preordering it. I hate people that do things like that.

im thinking of placing a preorder at EB while also keeping my overstock preorder. I figure getting it at $40 I can get that back by selling it on Ebay. Her ein Louisiana the SA preorders are not all that hot either.

[quote name='jlarlee']actually i think it means out of stock not back ordered here is the email

Dear JEREMY :

at [email protected].

Thank you for choosing Fry's Outpost.com.[/quote]

This is the exact email I got for Thug 2, and like I said, they shipped it within 2 days of me recieving this. Halo 2 will definitely have more of a demand than Thug 2, but how many people really are ordering it from Outpost?

Good luck trying to cancel your Pre-Order with Outpost. After I caught wind of the MTV.com deal a while back ($38.xx/shipped for the LE), I jumped on Overstock and tried to cancel it. I ended up going into a live chat with a rep and they said that they couldn't do it. I said, "the heck you can't! Give me your manager". After a bit of hub-bub, the supervisor was able to cancel the order. I recieved an email later that stated that "although they'd do it this one time, they must maintain accurate pre-order numbers for their vendors"...somthing like that.

I got lucky.

It's a bunch of bull...if the item's not out...cancel my order.

Outpost has the regular edition at a cheaper price than most other stores, so I imagine they'll get a fair number of pre-orders.

[quote name='jlarlee']actually i think it means out of stock not back ordered here is the email

Dear JEREMY :

at [email protected].

Thank you for choosing Fry's Outpost.com.[/quote]

Anyone want to feel mean and cancel his order? :lol:

[quote name='mcwilliams132']Good luck trying to cancel your Pre-Order with Outpost. After I caught wind of the MTV.com deal a while back ($38.xx/shipped for the LE), I jumped on Overstock and tried to cancel it. I ended up going into a live chat with a rep and they said that they couldn't do it. I said, "the heck you can't! Give me your manager". After a bit of hub-bub, the supervisor was able to cancel the order. I recieved an email later that stated that "although they'd do it this one time, they must maintain accurate pre-order numbers for their vendors"...somthing like that.

I got lucky.

It's a bunch of bull...if the item's not out...cancel my order.[/quote]

If it's a pre-order, you have no obligation to pick it up, unless money has changed hands. As all Outpost does is to authorize your card, unless you've spent money on it, they can go to hell and back again on telling you no.

If you've spent money on it, then there's some sense of a financial commitment to picking it up. Outpost doesn't work that way.

I got my pre-order like 2 weeks ago at GameRush, they said they didn't have any more copies of the CE but it was no problem getting a regular copy, and I could even pick it up at midnight.

Heh Im a dope for actually putting my order number in there, I decided to cancel it already anyways and I reserved it at my EB. This game better be worth all the drama I'm going through right now lol

bread's done
Back