Damn you 86420!!!!!

p00p

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Alright, I have seriously about had it. It used to happen only occasionally, but I haven't been able to connect to anyone new in that past few days because of the 86420 Error Code. It is seriously very annoying. I spend more time TRYING to connect to someone than actually playing the game. Mario Kart DS work for the most part, but is usually slow in selecting opponents, and just recently started giving me the error code as well, althgouh nearly as often. What in the world is going on here?!
I have a Netgear WRG614v6. Anyone else have this router and have figured out some trick to make it work better? Thanks for the help.

Well it definitely looks like I am not alone. OH well, I guess the best I can do is wait for an update of some kind. At least Mario Kart works mostly, if a bit slow to connect to someone.

I don't know anything about Nintendo Wi-Fi (only had my DS for a few days now), but are there any ports you need to forward on the router? I was having a lot of problems with Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 for PS2, and once I assigned my PS2 as a "Demilitarized Zone" it fixed some of the online problems. Making it a DMZ was the same as forwaring all ports to the PS2, putting it behind any firewall protection. Maybe this applies to the DS too but I don't really know.

bread's done
Back