Dan Hsu former EGM editor with G4 network

jinxedronin

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, just thought i would pass the word on about former EGM editor and current contributer to G4 network, Dan "Shoe" Hsu. He was recently heard doing an interview on a washington area radio program named Big O and Dukes. Here are the links if you wanna listen. Great show and good interview.

Part 1 http://podcast.wjfk.com/wjfk2/1130487.mp3

Part 2 http://podcast.wjfk.com/wjfk2/1130731.mp3

Have fun guys and if your in the DC metro area, check out 106.7 WJFK

[quote name='neocisco']Comcast charges me premium rates for the package that has G4, so buh-bye, Shoe.[/QUOTE]Same.

I really would like to see the new Hurl show, too.

Wow, if EGM was a sinking ship, G4 isn't exactly a more stable environment. Guess there just aren't that many options for game journalists.

Well it says contributor. He may just be doing some freelance work. Unless the interview says it's a permanent position, I haven't listened to those.

So Shoe is going to be on Cops? Or is he going to be a host of one of those millions of crazy Japanese shows?

What else could he do? That's all G4 shows anymore.

Maybe his target salary range was out not what some of his former competeing companies would offer...Maybe he should go and work for a studio.

Right now he's going to contribute to x-play behind the scenes but will be getting some on screen time once E3 comes about. He decided to take a part time position for now. You have to admire some one who is actually willing to stick up for what he believes in. If you listened, the stuff on how Ubisoft black balled him because he didnt give 10's to Assassins Creed was great. (Which i agree with). I think he will be what a channel like G3 needs. Just be happy there is a channel out there that will cover what we like. May not be the best at times but what else do we have. Beside, who doesnt love japanese game shows!

[quote name='jinxedronin']Right now he's going to contribute to x-play behind the scenes but will be getting some on screen time once E3 comes about. He decided to take a part time position for now. You have to admire some one who is actually willing to stick up for what he believes in. If you listened, the stuff on how Ubisoft black balled him because he didnt give 10's to Assassins Creed was great. (Which i agree with). I think he will be what a channel like G3 needs. Just be happy there is a channel out there that will cover what we like. May not be the best at times but what else do we have. Beside, who doesnt love japanese game shows![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

I only watch the goofy Japanese stuff on G4 these days but if he was going to be on-air I'd probably make a point to DVR it and check him out. I always liked his column in EGM.

But their E3 coverage a year or two ago was so horrid I don't think I'll be taping 4 hours a day to catch Shoe for 5 minutes.

I just hope somewhere, someday sooner than later, a drunken, near-suicidal "Lukems" meets "Shoe" outside a strip mall Gamestop, imploring him that "We have to go back, Dan! WE HAVE TO GO BACK!!"

[quote name='jollydwarf']I just hope somewhere, someday sooner than later, a drunken, near-suicidal "Lukems" meets "Shoe" outside a strip mall Gamestop, imploring him that "We have to go back, Dan! WE HAVE TO GO BACK!!"[/quote]

*hugs you*

G4 as a couple of shows. I really like Attack of the Show. The industry needs more girl gamers out there like Morgan.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I just hope somewhere, someday sooner than later, a drunken, near-suicidal "Lukems" meets "Shoe" outside a strip mall Gamestop, imploring him that "We have to go back, Dan! WE HAVE TO GO BACK!!"[/quote]

:applause:

bread's done
Back