DanceMasters $26 on Amazon. FSSS, shipped from Amazon.

Scholarly_Sam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/DanceMasters-Xbox-360/dp/B003TJTX2K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297633790&sr=8-1

The real sequel to Dance Dance Revolution

I feel this game didn't get the respect it deserved. But its still a great game. I had more fun with this than Dance Central.

DanceMasters is tons of fun on Extreme difficulty or higher, but before trying Extreme you probably will want to play on Normal first just to see what the hell the moves are.

This game does have a demo, but I do not think the demo does this game justice. I heard the demo only has easy and normal modes, which is not representative the full game. The real game begins on extreme. And with a free download on XBL Marketplace you can unlock the Master difficulty, which is also a lot of fun.

I agree this game is a lot of fun, but not that it isn't fun on Normal. :) I have yet to brave the waters beyond that. In any case it's definitely worth this price.

Big BEMANI fan. I've been holding out on this until it hits 19.99 though. I believe this was the highest selling Kinect game in Japan.

I wish I waited to buy this, it dropped fast. $26 is more of what it's worth than $47 :bomb:

If you know what you are getting into, it is quirky fun. I like it more than Dance Central just because it is not so "technical." My kids hate it though.

Looks like it dropped about 50 cents already today. Might be like one of those daily drop deals. Same thing happened with DJ MAX 3 recently.

Dance Paradise and DanceMasters are just really terrible after playing Dance Central.

While DanceMasters can be fun, it is unpolished, and absolutely unforgiving. There's no tutorial, slow down, practicing, or any way to know what moves are coming up, or what you're doing wrong...until you lose the song and it ends. Then you repeat it, lose on the same part, and repeat.

It's just not a very well planned out or polished game, but in terms of the "dancing", it can be more fun, and more energetic than DC. Songs are better , too. Good price if you want to jump on it, and burn some calories....just don't plan on beating the game, or enjoying the frustration.

[quote name='McNutsack']Dance Paradise and DanceMasters are just really terrible after playing Dance Central.

While DanceMasters can be fun, it is unpolished, and absolutely unforgiving. There's no tutorial, slow down, practicing, or any way to know what moves are coming up, or what you're doing wrong...until you lose the song and it ends. Then you repeat it, lose on the same part, and repeat.

It's just not a very well planned out or polished game, but in terms of the "dancing", it can be more fun, and more energetic than DC. Songs are better , too. Good price if you want to jump on it, and burn some calories....just don't plan on beating the game, or enjoying the frustration.[/QUOTE]

Meh I don't fucking care if "Dance Central"'s gameplay is better since it's somewhat a knockoff of "Clon Motion" to begin with. Look up video's to see what I mean. Also, having the crap we hear on the radio nowadays on the songlist, even if I know it's got older stuff, is enough to knock it down a notch. I play dance and music games NOT to hear the garbage I hear on the radio but better, different stuff.
It's got "Night Of Fire" on Dance Masters and the Para Para routine to go along with it. That alone for me is a fucking win. It's about fucking time we get more Avex Trax songs on a Japanese dance game.
Gosha you and I should be fucking ashamed of ourselves. I meant to pick it up for full price to show my support but didn't get around to it. All of us that are Bemani fans, especially of DDR or Para Para Paradise should be ashamed we didn't buy it in number. Maybe if we did Konami would see a market and release good licensed DLC content(see: most Para Para Avex Trax songs). This includes Japan since I heard it sold for shit there even if it was the bestselling Kinect game.
From all I hear this game is DDR reborn Japanese style instead of a lot of the crap like American Supernova, Supernova 2 and that last one. Oh and while I've heard the Universe games are better I still would like a majority of older Dancemania stuff licensed in as compared to Jodi and Splesh and other licensed stuff.

[quote name='mkelehan']I played the demo, and it had a tutorial.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps he was referring to the fact that there's no "break it down" type of thing? I agree it needs that, but it's still a fun game. I like it quite a bit. I hope they put out some DLC for it.

Do people actually like the core dance mechanics better than Dance Central? Or is it just because it's J-Pop?

I played the demo and thought it was terrible. I am just curious.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Do people actually like the core dance mechanics better than Dance Central? Or is it just because it's J-Pop?[/QUOTE]

I actually like both more than DC. It's important to note that there isn't a single JPOP song on DanceMasters, though! I love JPOP but there isn't any :/

I really enjoy the "drawing arrows," ripples and posing aspects of DM. I've also been a paralist for about 10 years, so DM automatically wins for having para/super eurobeat on it. :D

bread's done
Back