Dan's Saikyo Dojo: Fighter Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad Kaillera is complete trash! I've had a few matches without lag, but most of it is sub xbox-live level. Then you have these guys like vgm who think they are tough because they are used to the lag, but really have no decent strategy whatsoever.

done with that scene. on to some CvS2

i find it funny as hell that vgm actually used paint to circle that little ass "p"

anyways, the tourney was very interesting. first up was vgm vs evilmax these two put up quite a show. evilmax won the first bout using blanka against vgm's akuma.

then vgm took out evils blanka with ryu.

vgm's ken then lost the 3rd fight against evil's sakura( in their best bout IMO) it was very close.

then evil wanted to end it and chose his blanka to go up against vgm's akuma. vgm spanked blanka like a little red-headed step-child.

feeling cocky, vgm decided to use dan to finish off the tournament., but evil's blanka proved to be too much for the saikyo master. and evilmax17 moved on.

sadly, my opponent didn't show up and i moved on ahead to challenge evilmax

we had a few practice rounds before the tourney, and i was feeling confident...somethign i regretted later. his blanka took down my charlie in a very interesting match.

the second round i picked my gief and he chose cody. i told him earlier that cody can take out gief like nothingbecause of the rock throw. that is true, but he didn't use them often enough giving me the win.

my gief then got rocked by his sakuraand evil was up 2-1

i picked blanka and he stuck with sakura, blanka one with a super

evilmax then lost connectionso we had to wait for him to log on again. afterwards, my akuma defeated his sakura to win the tourney.

[quote name='MarkMan']I can give tips for Tekken 5... just which character are you using Purple Flames?[/QUOTE]

I use King and Steve, but I'm gonna go with Steve for the tourney just to be on the safe side. The T5 competition can get really fierce at my school.

Here's some new Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection images:

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050831/tk5d.htm

------

Purple Flames: I'd say stick with Steve. King is very hard to use in high level play. With Steve I suggest getting the infinite down, it's very easy to do, and even if you don't do the full infinite you can do the easy 90% juggle.

Abuse his ALB mixups... 3+4,2... 3+4,d+2... and then 3+4~3+4,1, 3+4~3+4,d+1...

His wall game is easily the best, you can destroy people easily if you know how to set up a wall combo properly.

His juggles travel very far... so use his 3+4,2 for a CH stun and then carry them to the wall or make use of his d/f+2... which is 100% safe...

BTW, I'm so excited, in a few hours we will have new info on all the arcade games being shown off at the Arcade Game Show in Japan...

[quote name='MarkMan']BTW, I'm so excited, in a few hours we will have new info on all the arcade games being shown off at the Arcade Game Show in Japan...[/QUOTE]
Including SF4? When do we actually find out? If it's in a few hours I'll stay up? Give me the webpage you're watching for info.

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

[quote name='MarkMan']BTW, I'm so excited, in a few hours we will have new info on all the arcade games being shown off at the Arcade Game Show in Japan...[/QUOTE]
yeah, so am I. i want to know more about maximum impact 2 and kof for the ds. tomorrow will be a great day indeed

[quote name='evilmax17']Which one? If you would be so kind as to write it out, i'd be ablidged.[/QUOTE]

normal rom infinite

c.hp, sj.rh, ad df lk, ad.lk, land, [sj.lk, sj.lk addf, ad.lk, ad.lk, land] - repeat in brackets

[quote name='MarkMan']Here's some new Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection images:

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050831/tk5d.htm

------

Purple Flames: I'd say stick with Steve. King is very hard to use in high level play. With Steve I suggest getting the infinite down, it's very easy to do, and even if you don't do the full infinite you can do the easy 90% juggle.

Abuse his ALB mixups... 3+4,2... 3+4,d+2... and then 3+4~3+4,1, 3+4~3+4,d+1...

His wall game is easily the best, you can destroy people easily if you know how to set up a wall combo properly.

His juggles travel very far... so use his 3+4,2 for a CH stun and then carry them to the wall or make use of his d/f+2... which is 100% safe...[/QUOTE]

Good shit. Thanks for the tips. I'm also gonna hit up tekkenzaibatsu and see what they have to offer in the way of strats.

And yea I'm seriously looking forward to hearing about al the new arcade games, and I'm hoping that Street Fighter 4 is in the bunch.

Also again, did anyone here bother to purchase or read the BradyGames Tekken 5 guide? It's a really good resource, one of the best strategy guides for fighting gamers... it's a great way to start out... It was written by some of the top players in the US... If anyone wants a good base to build off of, you can pick up the guide and it'll be a great help, especially if you're new to the series.

For more current strats(yes the game has evolved heavily since the guide was written), you should always check www.tekkenzaibatsu.com forums...

So far the show is about 2 hours through... the only game Capcom has unveiled thus far is a new fighting game based on Fist of the North Star...

It's still early the first day, not many press conferences have been finished. I don't know if Capcom has shown their press stuff yet.

1vrz8-1-4b22.jpg

Eddy has his own character select box now... and most of the character CGs if not all have been changed.

I'll be surprised if Capcom releases a new Street Fighter (worth buying.) Mainly because most of the SF staff went bye bye, and they're worried more about Resident Evil 5 and Devil May Cry 4 more than a lowly 2D fighter. Face it, Capcom's going to next gen, they don't give a shit about 2D anymore.

Unless it's a SFA3 re-release on the PSP. Which won't mean anything since most people can't stand playing a portable 2D fighter more than 5 minutes before becoming a victim of sleep.

The casual American gamer won't buy a 2D fighter for any portable system (DS or PSP.) Even tough SFA3 might be a great game, It's nothing without human competition. How many of you know people that own a PSP system and Darkstalker 3 Choas Tower? I'll still not understand how reviewers gave Darkstalkers 3 a decent review while KOF 2K2 blows it away but got 6's and '7s. I guess being on a portable system helps, even though it doesn't matter how the game plays.

Yes, but only available if you had a Christie IC card and purchased him, he was a time release item, it was 400,000 G... took awhile to get.(I'm talking about Arcade)... He was easy to get on PS2...

Took me awhile at least.

[quote name='PhrostByte']VGM proceeds to lose 8-0 and says he has "to leave omg wtf bbq"... Yeah he did get that perfect on me... then the next match I almost got one on him.. what a luser.[/QUOTE]

The fuck are you talking about.

[quote name='MarkMan']I was bored again...

http://www.filefarmer.com/SDTEKKEN/thevgm.jpg[/QUOTE]

That one is a lot better. Experiment with the background, I'm not a big fan of the flower thingy

[quote name='The VGM']This thread is about fighters, not about arguing with me. You should actually talk about them instead of just poking in to argue with me.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, had to butt in. You fucking argue with everyone you fucking hypocrite!

[quote name='The VGM']The fuck are you talking about.

That one is a lot better. Experiment with the background, I'm not a big fan of the flower thingy[/QUOTE]

The fuck you mean the fuck am I talking about? You know damn well what I'm talking about, I'm talking about you sucking ass in SFA.

[quote name='MarkMan']And I was able to get some footage of VF5 already. OH MY GOD... it looks so beautiful... The best looking 3-D fighter ever.[/QUOTE]

:drool: Tell me more. :drool:

I think I need to see VF5 in action. And what is that Lindbergh thingie? Is that a new arcade machine? It looks like it has somewhat similar specs to the PS3. :whistle2:k

What's up with Afterburner and that tennis game shown on the same page as VF5?

Yeah Lindbergh is the new nvidia based arcade board... there should be vids all over other sites now... 1up.com ign etc...

[quote name='weaponx666']Sorry, had to butt in. You fucking argue with everyone you fucking hypocrite![/QUOTE]

Mr. one post every ten pages! Thanks for the imput, you can fuck off now

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']
kof3gy.jpg

Gamertag is Darkside Hazuki. Who wants to play?[/QUOTE]

You have too much time on your hands.

wow... yeah, VF5 looks nice... ever since VF4 the series has looked great :)

I suck at the game, but I think this VF is going to really please alot of fans of the series. Will def pick it up when it's ported to the PS3 (it's kinda a given that it will port).

seems Sega is really going all out with the use of that new arcade board... afterburner! and HotD4! :) and some Virtua Tennis yay!

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']
kof3gy.jpg

Gamertag is Darkside Hazuki. Who wants to play?[/QUOTE]

As soon as I get it, I'm in. Hopefully I can get it this weekend.

Can someone explain "tech" to me? I know it's short for technical...but I don't get what it means exactly-- like someone says "tech hit" or "so and so is a very techy character" etc.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/action/metalslug6/index.html

there is Metal Slug 6. SNK is really fucking up by not using the atomiswave to its potential. Hell that looks like it should be on the neo.

not one to usually rag on graphics, but this game is coming out close to two years after the switch away from the neo, so this is pretty fucking sorry[/QUOTE]

wtf? are those 2 new guys ralf and clark?!

*looks at more screenshots...*

oh shit it is!

[quote name='Apossum']Can someone explain "tech" to me? I know it's short for technical...but I don't get what it means exactly-- like someone says "tech hit" or "so and so is a very techy character" etc.[/QUOTE]

a tech hit is when you cancel a throw. i guess they mean its a very technical character?

[quote name='MarkMan']Namco has a strong showing with Dragon Ball arcade game, Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection and Mario Kart GP...[/QUOTE]
Are there any screens of the Dragon Ball game yet? Is it a fighter, side-scroller, or what?

... awsome roster for soul calibur... glad to hear Rock is back (loved playing as him)... and wtf is that owl character in the middle bottom of the pic? you can play lizardman's rival... owel man? SCIII keeps looking better and better. I have very high expectations for this game, and they all seem to be fulfilled :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back