Dante's Inferno $49.90 at GoGamer.com

macschwag14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
UPDATE 2: Changed back to $49.90. Was able to snag one at the $36.48 price though.

UPDATE: Changed to $36.48 + $2.99 for $39.47 total.

GoGamer has Dante's Inferno for the Xbox 360 and PS3 for $49.90 with $2.99 shipping, so $52.89 total. So far it's the cheapest pre-order I've seen.

Expires at the end of today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect this game will also follow the recent trend of dropping its price by >15-20% in the first week or two of release. Here's hoping that recent months are a herald of a return to a 49.99 (or lower) MSRP!

[quote name='Ultra Woody']"
I highly doubt it'll be mediocre.

"[/QUOTE]

GoW is mediocre and this game is a clone.

its a GOW clone, not that great IMO it will drop fast once inital sales are over. I suspect below 39.99 after the first month. I can wait.

I have no idea how people are judging game that is not even out yet, but I'm pretty damn sure this game will drop its price really soon to $40.

In agreement. Fo sho.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']I have no idea how people are judging game that is not even out yet, but I'm pretty damn sure this game will drop its price really soon to $40.[/QUOTE]

You can't honestly believe that God of War is a mediocre title? That's just crazy talk. It's not top-of-the-charts spectacular, but it's better than mediocre. Most critics, gamers and gaming sites would disagree with you, but to each their own, I suppose. Still, I'm looking forward to it (of course I'll get it used off of playSwitch.com so I don't have to pay full retail).

[quote name='sherisdoppel']I have no idea how people are judging game that is not even out yet, but I'm pretty damn sure this game will drop its price really soon to $40.[/QUOTE]

I'm judging it by the demo. It's entertaining, but it's not a must-have for me.

[quote name='LordSMVS']I'm judging it by the demo. It's entertaining, but it's not a must-have for me.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough.
Yeah, I'm a huge God of War fan so I really wanted that kind of game to be on 360 but that game was no match for GOW3 in my perspective.

TBH, I enjoyed the Dante demo alot, and a like the gameplay more that I did GoW. Granted I've only played GoW1 so maybe GoW2 would change my opinion.

Also, did no one play Dead Space (made by same developers)? The game was phenomenal. And it was, more or less, a Resident Evil 4 clone, but if you turned it down just for that then it was your loss because it was a great game.

I'm sure Dante's Inferno will surprise for those that give it a try and be criminally underplayed much like Dead Space was.

Good price for a new release. I thought the demo was good. Sure its a GoW clone, but so what? Why not ripoff a great franchise. Plus, the team that made Dead Space are making this game. Dead Space was great.

EDIT - you beat me to it QMP

I'm gonna post it again don't buy from gogamer.com , it's a terrible store with terrible customer service.

*just to give an example* a couple of 48 hour madness sales ago I placed an order on a product. , Got someone else's order. Tried to call up the # on their invoice and kept getting this number can not be reached message from the operator* so I sent them 2 e-mails and it's been 9 days and have still yet to receive a response from this joke of a company. and it annoys the fuck out of me that CAG's would even recommend people to shop with a business soo poorly structured.

Walmart has it for $56.00 - $10(WM Gift card) - $8.40(15% CashBack) = $$37.60 so you can wait for the post one month $40 price or get it cheaper sooner...

[quote name='meatwad3000']I'm gonna post it again don't buy from gogamer.com , it's a terrible store with terrible customer service.[/QUOTE]

How is it a terrible store?
I agree with the fact that they have a bad customer service and bad sales but had a decent shipping speed.

not only that when I received my packaging it was in the cheapest looking box I've seen and the damn thing wasn't even stuffed with bubble wrap or packing peanuts to atleast ensure some protection for the media inside. yeah the products shipped rather quickly but all these things left a horrible experience in my mouth and being stuck with something I didn't order for and lost money because of it just makes me never shop there again and only deter anyone else to from my bad experience.

I was surprised by just how much of a clone it is. I mean, everything is ripped off, even the interface. Play the GoW3 demo and Dante's Inferno and most of Dante's Inferno is exactly the same. It's so bad it's almost plagiarism. Not that that means I won't play it, I just won't buy it. The GoW games are entertaining but pretty repetitive, so I'm not looking that forward to it. The one thing it does have going for it is the style/setting.

And as far as GoGamer being a bad store, that's just rubbish. I've ordered from them probably a dozen times and have never had a problem.

[quote name='gtz_nsr']and as far as gogamer being a bad store, that's just rubbish. I've ordered from them probably a dozen times and have never had a problem.[/quote]

ymmv?

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']I was surprised by just how much of a clone it is. I mean, everything is ripped off, even the interface. Play the GoW3 demo and Dante's Inferno and most of Dante's Inferno is exactly the same. It's so bad it's almost plagiarism. Not that that means I won't play it, I just won't buy it. The GoW games are entertaining but pretty repetitive, so I'm not looking that forward to it. The one thing it does have going for it is the style/setting.

And as far as GoGamer being a bad store, that's just rubbish. I've ordered from them probably a dozen times and have never had a problem.[/QUOTE]

wait til you have to deal with their customer support , your thoughts will change seriously...

why the hell is it so cheap? is there something wrong with this store? bioshock 2 is 36 too. idk it just seems fishy to me.

[quote name='QuietMimePsycho']
I'm sure Dante's Inferno will surprise for those that give it a try and be criminally underplayed much like Dead Space was.[/QUOTE]

Maybe in the "hardcore" circles people will turn up their nose and dismiss it as a "clone", but I bet this is going to be a pretty good commercial success. There are still masses of people who have a 360 but not a PS3 so they'll have no access to GoW3. It'll be kinda like last summer when all the 360 owners with an open world superhero jones flocked to Prototype whereas Infamous won out on the PS3.

[quote name='NeoSX']why the hell is it so cheap? is there something wrong with this store? bioshock 2 is 36 too. idk it just seems fishy to me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm kind of confused too. Bioshock 2 is now up to $40-something and Mass Effect 2 was $22.90 for like a minute.

dont really see the problem there myself. Its not Amazon and they dont want to eat shipping charges. Simple as that.

Myself and people i know have ordered from gogamer without problems. They're an active member on these forums as well. Its legit. I suspect most animosity is probably from bitter people who had their orders cancelled outright due to limited stock from one of their madness deals.

honestly this game looks great, looks better and better each video i see. demo was good.

that being said, i'll wait for it to hit 30ish, but seriously stfu about it being a "gow clone", it really has nothing to do with gow, they're different games, story is completely different. is it similar? yes, but you can say that about any too games of the same genre. it's like comparing call of duty and bf: bc, can you compare them? yes, are they the same games? no.

I've never had a problem ordering from GoGamer either, although I didn't have to deal with customer support. I think there are worst companies you could give your business too.

that ripoffreport posted actually looks like good customer service if you ask me, barring the confusion, considering they replied each time politely trying to appease the customer. Like i said, they arent amazon so dont expect amazon service, e.g. 'my box arrived with a slight crinkle in the cover so i yelled at them and got a $10 credit'.

I dunno I posted my review on resellerratings.com about the site I don't know I'm just peeved since I'm stuck with 2 copies of company of heroes and company heroes opposing fronts. o_O why would I need 2 copies of something I didn't order in the first place lol

GOW clone or not it will be fun to play. I'll probably wait for a price drop though. Doing the same with NMH2....which is really hard because that game looks crack.

[quote name='macschwag14']Yeah, I'm kind of confused too. Bioshock 2 is now up to $40-something and Mass Effect 2 was $22.90 for like a minute.[/QUOTE]
When was this

[quote name='GUNNM']When was this[/QUOTE]

Yesterday about 8:30 pm CST. Mass Effect 2 was showing for $22.90 for PC when you clicked on the page, but when you added it to the cart it would jump in price to $41-something. Same with BioShock for PC, Darksiders for 360 (was $32) and Dante's was $36.

Dante was the only one I could get to go through for the way reduced price. I've noticed that the site today has the correct prices for everything.

[quote name='qwerty1']that ripoffreport posted actually looks like good customer service if you ask me, barring the confusion, considering they replied each time politely trying to appease the customer. Like i said, they arent amazon so dont expect amazon service, e.g. 'my box arrived with a slight crinkle in the cover so i yelled at them and got a $10 credit'.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! So...freaking...true. I see so many people on here talk about how they take advantage of how lenient Amazon's customer service can be. Then, when someone doesn't bend over backwards for them, they lose their minds.

I think this game is decent after playing the demo. It's like GOW but much faster. I find GOW gameplay quite slow for a hack 'n slash. I like Ninja Gaiden type speed in my hack n slash so for me Dante's Inferno may actually be better than GOW 1&2.

bread's done
Back