Dante's Inferno (Death Edition) now in stock

man, and I thought getting the Divine Edition for PS3 would be the best edition..thanks starmask for pointing this out!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a problem to have an Asian or Japanese release of a game and then get DLC off of xboxlive or psn? Or at least to get it on your main account for either service?

lol, I love how this is the first Dante's Inferno thread to really be posted since the game came out..some posters have already played it, yet, there has been nothing said about whether it's good or bad. So I'm going to assume since no 'insta-bashing' took place, it's good! can't wait for my GS copy to come in..

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']so what exactly does it come with? Same stuff PS3 divine edition has?[/QUOTE]

That's what I want to know.

Taken from joystiq
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/13/europe-getting-dantes-inferno-death-edition-includes-playabl/
The "Death Edition" bundle comes with a copy of the poem, some making-of documentaries, and an art book. However, its greatest bonus is a new skin for the game's scythe-wielding protagonist: The slot-helmeted outfit of Dead Space's hero, Isaac Clarke.

deadspaceisaacfull_580.jpg

Wow, that skin looks great.. The fact that it had slightly less detail kind of reminds me of the way some Smash Bros. characters look. I hope they release the skin on marketplace or PSN. I'd definitely get it then.

Here is the difference

Divine Edition (US, PS3 only)
-Dark Forest PDLC pack FREE (available March)
-Wayne Barlowe Digital Art Book
-Developer Documentary
-Digital copy of the Longfellow translation of Dante’s Inferno
-20 song soundtrack from the game
-Custom Divine Edition packaging

Death Edition (UK only, avail for Xbox 360 & PS3)
• Exclusive costume for a playable character in-game: Isaac Clarke from Dead Space!
• Making-of documentary with the game (ITA subtitles)
• Documentary "Dante in History" (subtitled in ENG)
• Soundtrack full game
• Documentary on the creation of music and audio (ITA subtitles)
• Digital Artbook edited by visual designer Wayne Barlowe (sott. in ENG)
• Over 10 minutes of scenes from the soul "Dante's Inferno An Animated Epic" (sott. in ENG)
• digital reprint of the poem Complete (in English)

[quote name='paintball745']i can not speak for this game but i have had no problem with mass effect 2 dlc on my system and my copy is the asian version.[/QUOTE]

Since this is published by EA, I'm assuming the DLC will have to be entered through your EA acct, as opposed on entering it on your Xbox Dashboard...

...is that correct?

[quote name='paintball745']i can not speak for this game but i have had no problem with mass effect 2 dlc on my system and my copy is the asian version.[/QUOTE]

Did the DLC works for you?

A short review for a short game for those interested:

- It'll take about 6-8 hours to complete the game
- Really good combat system, lots of cool combos, just not enough enemy variety
- Later half of the game felt rushed and half-assed
- The story isn't as interesting and well-presented as it was made out to be (based on the Divine Comedy and all)
- Visuals are decent, atmosphere is pretty good, 60 smooth frames per second

A solid rental, IMO.

[quote name='token2k6']man, and I thought getting the Divine Edition for PS3 would be the best edition..thanks starmask for pointing this out![/QUOTE]

The only thing the death edition has over it is a issac skin from deadspace.

The ps3 divine one still has the codes included for the extra content coming out over the new few months. Amazon has it for 56 with a 10 dollar gift card for your next game purchase (which should be heavy rain there young man/woman!)

[quote name='earvcunanan']- The story isn't as interesting and well-presented as it was made out to be (based on the Divine Comedy and all)[/QUOTE]

I met a game department employee at Target who was dead set against this game because of its departures from the story. So if you are a Dante purist, consider yourself warned.

Who says gamers don't read the classics?!?

I was REALLY looking forward to this game. Preordered and got it on release day. Exciting stuff. About 2 hours in, the excitement faded and buyers remorse kicked in. It's a $20 title at most.

bread's done
Back