Dark Knight (blu-ray) for $24 with $15 VOD gift certificate @amazon.com

zas123

CAGiversary!
Amazon.com has the dark knight on blu-ray for $23.99 with free super saving shipping (orders over $25) and I recieved in my e-mail today a gift certificate that that allows me to purchase the dark knight on demand ($14.99) off amazon.com. However, it is just a gift certificate promotion code, so I you might want to try and use it for something else. I got the movie cause my blu-ray is in the mail.

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-Digital-Copy-Blu-ray/dp/B001GZ6QEC/

Offer expires December 25, 2008, and promotion code must be redeemed by January 23, 2009. This offer is subject to these terms and conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Special Offer

Purchase the The Dark Knight on DVD or Blu-ray from Amazon.com and watch it for free on Amazon Video On Demand. Offer expires December 25, 2008. Offer available to US residents only. Here's how. Or you can visit The Dark Knight Boutique.

I think it basically entitles people to watch the Dark Knight who can't wait for the thing to ship from them. Which is golden, since I have to wait for the dumb thing to ship.

I guess they want people to try their VoD service.

There is no sure way to tell if the promo code would work on any item unless one checks out all the way until the last page prior to placing the order. A lot of times such a promo is coded for a specific item and won't work on others.

This does not work. I got the code and tried to use it on something else as a test, and it gives you an error saying the promotional code will not work on this product.

So basically you buy Dark Knight for $25 and you and watch the movie on Video on Demand immediately?

I was hoping for a $9 blu-ray =(

[quote name='kart007k']Crap deal.[/quote]

Not really. Although, it's not really a deal to begin with I suppose if you want to get technical.

This comes as a nice surprise for me, as I already had the thing pre-ordered and now I don't have to wait for the thing to get to me before watching the movie.

Got this email:

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
  1. Write down this promotional code: ZOMG-ROFL4U-PWNDED
  2. Go to the The Dark Knight product detail page at Amazon Video On Demand.
  3. Click the link that says "Redeem a gift card or promotion code" on the right hand side of the page and then insert your code.
  4. Click "apply," then purchase the movie. Your promotion code will be automatically applied to this purchase.*
  5. You should subsequently receive an e-mail receipt detailing the transaction with the promotional credit applied.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
What am I supposed to do with this? Watch it on my computer tonight instead of waiting for my BD to be delivered tomorrow?

[quote name='DirkBelig']Got this email:

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
  1. Write down this promotional code: ZOMG-ROFL4U-PWNDED
  2. Go to the The Dark Knight product detail page at Amazon Video On Demand.
  3. Click the link that says "Redeem a gift card or promotion code" on the right hand side of the page and then insert your code.
  4. Click "apply," then purchase the movie. Your promotion code will be automatically applied to this purchase.*
  5. You should subsequently receive an e-mail receipt detailing the transaction with the promotional credit applied.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
What am I supposed to do with this? Watch it on my computer tonight instead of waiting for my BD to be delivered tomorrow?[/quote]

Yes. Not all of us have Prime, so it's actually a very nice thing for them to do. Some people're acting like Amazon owes them something out of this. I pre-ordered the Bluray just expecting the Bluray. Now I get this VoD.

[quote name='GuardianE']Yes. Not all of us have Prime, so it's actually a very nice thing for them to do. Some people're acting like Amazon owes them something out of this. I pre-ordered the Bluray just expecting the Bluray. Now I get this VoD.[/QUOTE]

But why would you want to watch it on your computer when you'll have it on Blu-Ray within the next couple days?

EDIT: I'm not complaining about the deal or anything, just think it's kind of pointless. If they want me to try the VoD service I would think they would just give me a credit for one free download, which I would probably use to try the service on a movie I don't already own. Why would I spend the time to watch an inferior version of a movie (in terms of audio/visual quality) I just bought on Blu-Ray?

I thought this was a fantastic move by Amazon, getting to watch Dark Knight on release day while the DVD (which I ordered) was being shipped.

[quote name='GizmoGC']I'll post my code. I have no intentions of watching it on my computer when the BD is in my hands.[/quote]
Please :applause:

I pre-ordered the Dark Knight from Amazon, just got my copy, but didn't receive this VOD certificate. Could Amazon be sending them out late? Anyone else get theirs from Amazon and not receive this promo yet?

This is not a deal to me and desperately wanna see this movie. I have never seen it before and won't even download it on torrents.

Even at $24 it's hard for me to budge on this movie.

I look at my huge DVD collection and think about all the money I spent and most of those were $10-$12.

Now here we go again but at....$25?

Hmmm.

[quote name='funjoe']But why would you want to watch it on your computer when you'll have it on Blu-Ray within the next couple days?

EDIT: I'm not complaining about the deal or anything, just think it's kind of pointless. If they want me to try the VoD service I would think they would just give me a credit for one free download, which I would probably use to try the service on a movie I don't already own. Why would I spend the time to watch an inferior version of a movie (in terms of audio/visual quality) I just bought on Blu-Ray?[/quote]

Its nice for people who dont have bluray drives in their laptops. Which is like most people. Like most people said i was just expecting the bd copy but why complain about something that is free?

bread's done
Back