Dark Knight digital copy question

dropbearGSH

CAGiversary!
So I just bought the Dark Knight on dvd and with it comes the option to buy a digital copy for $1.99 from cinemanow.com. Does anyone know whether this digital copy can be converted to mp4 so that i can put on my ipod? Does anyone know what format it will be?

I tried using dvd decrypter to put it on my computer but the disc has adequate protection stop that method, so if I want it on my ipod I will have to use a digital copy.

You know there's an option for the iTunes version right?

Put the digital copy disc into your cd rom, load up iTunes, click on the disc, and input your redeem code into the box and you will be able to download the iTunes Store copy of it.

Only the iTunes one expires December 9, 2009 so you only have a year to use it. Also if it is like Family Guy Blue Harvest you can only download it upto 5 times. I'm not sure if you delete it if you can download it again or not once you hit 5.

[quote name='TheRock88']You know there's an option for the iTunes version right?

Put the digital copy disc into your cd rom, load up iTunes, click on the disc, and input your redeem code into the box and you will be able to download the iTunes Store copy of it.[/quote]

I don't think the version I bought has an itunes option. itunes will not even recognize that there is a disc in the drive. I bought the regular edition, and the card with the code on it specifically says not compatible with ipods. Bummer.

Yup, and I am really considering doing it too cause i want to watch it on a flight. Theives ruin everything for everyone, I paid for my damn dvd I should be able to do whatever I want with it.

[quote name='dropbearGSH']Yup, and I am really considering doing it too cause i want to watch it on a flight. Theives ruin everything for everyone, I paid for my damn dvd I should be able to do whatever I want with it.[/quote]

I think you probably mean pirates (there is a difference) - but they aren't really the ones to blame anyway. It's been pointed out time and time again to the content cartels that the current incarnation of annoying, restrictive DRM only punishes honest customers. Tech-savvy pirates rip all that DRM off and do whatever they please, when honest customers buy DRM'd content they effectively agree to a leash around their neck, with the studio heads telling them what they can do with their content license and how many times they can do it.

Chances are that it is because you never gave that device permishon to use that content. you can only give it to 5 different ones and you have to put it on your computer first. So you use one just to download it. Also like I said in my last post you have from what it looks like a year after the movie comes out. Seeing how my iPod is not even half full I downloaded all the digital copies for movies I had and put them on it. They take up almost 2 gigs and this way once the year is up I will still have them. I figure I paid for them and they came with it I should be able to have them. I should not have a year to use it but I do. Hell if they didn't come with it their are other ways to get it to put on my iPod if I really wanted to put it on it.

So I caved and paid for the digital copy. Like I expected, it is not compatible with ipods, so I went looking for the file to try to convert it to mp4 but the file is extra hidden, I can't find it anywhere. The only place the movie seems to exist is in the cinemanow media player. So now I have bought the movie twice. Oh well, now I can use bittorrent guilt free.

And ya I meant pirates when I said thieves.

[quote name='dropbearGSH']Theives ruin everything for everyone, I paid for my damn dvd I should be able to do whatever I want with it.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

i got the blu ray which came with a digital copy and on top of that amazon gave me a free amazon on demand copy so im sick of watching TDK by now

can you only use digital copy once? I have the blu ray and was able to put the digital copy on my pc via itunes (also put it on my ipod from there), the pc transfer, and the portable one. I went to put iit in my laptop and after i enter the code it says all the uses were used up. Unbelieveable......

No you can use it on 5 different things. Your PC and iPod were both 1 each. Now if you put it on and deleted it and then put it back on I'm not sure if that is still 1 or now 2. Atleast when I moved it to my iPod it told me I had used 2 of my 5.

[quote name='mykevermin']Mac user? Download handbrake, and never pay $2 for those bullshit downloads again.[/QUOTE]

I 2nd this I have only run into 2 things handbrake alone couldn't best .

[quote name='sendme']No you can use it on 5 different things. Your PC and iPod were both 1 each. Now if you put it on and deleted it and then put it back on I'm not sure if that is still 1 or now 2. Atleast when I moved it to my iPod it told me I had used 2 of my 5.[/QUOTE]

It allows me to transfer it on the laptop, but as soon as i go to play it, it asks for the code, I put the code in and it tells me error 101 i think then says I exceeded my uses. Doh.....

I figured it wouldn't work, but has anyone gotten their digital copy to go from PC to PS3? I use TVersity for media sharing.

I tried installing the provided blu-ray digital copy disc onto my laptop and it crashed during installation 3 times in a row. So yeah I never got it to work, so just BT'ed it.

Nobody here uses DVDFabHD? It gets most anything dvd decryptor can't for me, although it's a lot slower.

Digital copies are the biggest fail. I can make my own digital copies with the physical media disc I PURCHASED, thank you very much!

this whole digital crap pisses me off because they want it to be "easy" for the average consumer but in reality its more of a pain in the ass and not worth it, personally i would rather have an option to pay less and not have the digital copy.. and seriously i bought my mom a dvd with a digital copy.. she couldn't even figure out how to get her digital copy.. so much for making it EASY for the average consumer guys.. bravo :applause:

i find it less stressful to just rip my own dvds and convert them to mp4, they are MY dvds.. why should i only be able to get it via itunes? for the time it takes to download it i can already have a better encoded version i ripped myself which is completely and utterly ridiculous if you think about it.. not to mention what if im about to lets say.. go on a trip and i have a couple of hours to 24 hours to prepare but my internet is down.. looks like im fudged :whistle2:#

/rant

sorry but this "digital copy" crap has got to go, i find it completely and utterly useless when i can do it myself, i don't need all these extra drink coasters.

Let me see if I'm understanding this correctly. In order to use your digital copy you have to go through itunes. I figured you'd be limited to the type of devices you could use it on. But you have to pay $1.99 to dl this digital copy that was included w/ the movie you paid for? I've got a cpl of digital copies but never used them.

is the digital copy from the Blu ray different then the dvd one? I own the bluray version and the digital copy transfer process was so damn easy, all you literally do is input the dvd and enter the code from the sleeve, didn't cost anything extra either.

Is there a way once you get the digital copy downloaded to your computer to then take that file and make a DVD version. I have this on blu ray but want to watch it on my portable dvd player on the plane.

[quote name='mykevermin']Mac user? Download handbrake, and never pay $2 for those bullshit downloads again.[/quote]

I 2nd this!! w00t love handbrake.

Why don't you just rip the movie yourself. It's perfectly legal to do so. Just download a DVD ripper and most have the ipod(s) and iphone formates as stock setting options. It's really no different that ripping a CD to a hard drive. The supreme court has deemed such a thing as legal since you own the copy and have no intent to distribute to others or gain unjust enrichment. Movie studios would like you to rebuy your movies digitally because it's an added revenue stream. Also a lot of studios offer free digital downloads just to cut the piracy rates down and to stop people from ripping the movies and sharing them. Like I said if you don't plan on sharing the film with anyone else than you'd have the legal right to just rip it yourself.

[quote name='Sk']Why don't you just rip the movie yourself. It's perfectly legal to do so. Just download a DVD ripper and most have the ipod(s) and iphone formates as stock setting options. The supreme court has deemed such a thing as legal since you own the copy and have no intent to distribute to others or gain unjust enrichment.[/quote]
^^^ This

Bypassing crappy DRM is cake if you know what you're doing. DRM is a joke and should just be removed all together.

Yeah DRM should just be removed. If someone is going to pirate it they are going to find a way to do so with DRM or no DRM. As long as you make ONE back up copy and use it for yourself you are fine. However you have to delete it if you get rid of the original copy. Movie, software, and music companies don't want you to do this and will tell you it is illegal however you can make a backup copy no matter what they tell you.

? I'm surprised by all the people having issues getting the digital copies. Whole process maybe only took 8 minutes? Sucks that it didn't work for some people.

bread's done
Back