Dark Knight Rises Limited Edition BR Combo Pack out December 4th

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Holy smokes, Batman. The rumors, speculation and general chit-chat can be put to rest.
Christopher Nolan’s Batman epic The Dark Knight Rises will be released on Blu-ray combo pack, DVD, and digital download on Dec. 4, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group announced exclusively to EW.
The last film in Nolan’s dark, gritty Gotham City trilogy, starring Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, and Tom Hardy as brutal villain Bane, will also be available in a limited edition Blu-ray Bat Cowl collectible package — not quite in time for your Halloween costume, but there’s always next year.
The Blu-ray combo pack is stuffed with a bunch of extras, from a documentary about the Batmobile, where all five Batmobiles are together for the first time, to Ending the Knight, an in-depth look featuring about 17 featurettes at how Nolan and his production team made The Dark Knight Rises, from Batman vs. Bane to totally demolishing a city street. Both the Blu-ray and DVD include a featurette called The Journey of Bruce Wayne. There are also trailers and art galleries.
Check out these exclusive pics of the packaging and the cowl, below.
dark-knight-rises-mask_510x383.jpg

dark-knight_510x383.jpg

No word on price yet but looks pretty cool.

I want that too, looks good but will see on price.

Hanaway, how come that's not available at my Target?!?!? I'd easily pay $10 for that. Heck, I just spent $8 this weekend there on Batman/Batmobile mini figures...

[quote name='tokerblue']I must buy the steelbook to complete the Batman steelbook trilogy...[/QUOTE]

Has a steelbook been confirmed? I have the first two with steel but haven't heard anything about this one. Surely there will be one.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I want that too, looks good but will see on price.

Hanaway, how come that's not available at my Target?!?!? I'd easily pay $10 for that. Heck, I just spent $8 this weekend there on Batman/Batmobile mini figures...[/QUOTE]
I don't know about $10.

But I remember getting the TDK "Limited Edition" Batpod (MSRP = $60) at Best Buy for only $12!

http://cdnroot.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6566387

^ Oh the memories!

You can still get these "Limited Edition" TDK Batpod (still says it right there on the title) for about $20 at Walmart.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cheap plastic batpod edition was god-awful. Like most people, I passed on it even when it was $12-$15. The dk rises special ed. looks much better. Hopefully, the build quality is good.

If you want a trilogy set then it might be best to wait till next year as they're releasing an "Ultimate" Collector's edition for the trilogy then. They'll have a regular trilogy edition with a book (edit: see next post) this year.

Here's all the info from TheHDRoom:

Warner Home Video has issued a press released spelling out all the details for The Dark Knight Rises on Blu-ray, as well as The Dark Knight Trilogy Limited Edition Giftset and, coming in 2013, The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collector's Edition. The Dark Knight Trilogy Limited Edition Giftset will include Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. Exclusive to this set is a premium book that digs deep into the trilogy's production. The SRP for this set is $52.99.
The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray, DVD and UltraViolet combo pack, as well as the Batman Cowl limited edition packaging upgrade, will feature the film in 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and 1080p video. For the IMAX portions of the film, running approximately a full hour when combined, Warner has created a "marriage of IMAX and 35mm formats by using the hybrid master to replicate the unique theatrical experience of integrated film formats." Cover art has been added to the bottom of this post, and the SRP is set at $35.99 for the standard version and $39.99 for the Bat Cowl package.

All of the following bonus features are exclusive to Blu-ray except for The Journey of Bruce Wayne:

• "THE BATMOBILE" DOCUMENTARY: Witness all five Batmobiles together for the first time in history. Dive deep into every aspect of the most awe-inspiring weapon in Batman's arsenal as you journey through the birth and evolution of this technological marvel and cultural icon. (01:00)
  • ENDING THE KNIGHT: A comprehensive look into how Director Christopher Nolan and his production team made "The Dark Knight Rises" the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight legend.
    • Production
      • The Prologue: High-Altitude Hijacking
      • Return to the Batcave
      • Beneath Gotham
      • The Bat
      • Batman vs Bane
      • Armory Accepted
      • Gameday Destruction
      • Demolishing a City Street
      • The Pit
      • The Chant
      • The War on Wall Street
      • Race to the Reactor
    • Characters
      • The Journey of Bruce Wayne
      • Gotham's Reckoning
      • A Girls Gotta Eat
    • Reflections
      • Shadows & Light in Large Format
      • The End of A Legend
  • Trailers
  • Art Galleries

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what the Trilogy edition with the book will probably look like. This is an image posted at Amazon UK (since taken down I believe):

81btTe%2BOIBL._AA500_.jpg

The more important question for me is, "Will Best Buy have an exclusive steelbook version?" I replaced my old blu ray sets with the steelbooks, and I'd rather not have one of the three movies not match the others. ;)

I haven't heard anything about them having one. There will definitely be some in other regions though. HMV will have one for instance and they ship to the US

[quote name='roger watersmelon']The more important question for me is, "Will Best Buy have an exclusive steelbook version?" I replaced my old blu ray sets with the steelbooks, and I'd rather not have one of the three movies not match the others. ;)[/QUOTE]

I hear you on that. Although I didn’t upgrade to steelbook, I bought the first 2 movies in steelbook form during bestbuy’s upgrade and save deal. (These are the only steelbooks I intend to have since I don’t want half my collection to be half steelbook and half regular blue cases.) I need bestbuy to have an exclusive steelbook for the third movie too.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']The more important question for me is, "Will Best Buy have an exclusive steelbook version?" I replaced my old blu ray sets with the steelbooks, and I'd rather not have one of the three movies not match the others. ;)[/QUOTE]

This. I'll buy it where i can get a steelbook.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Preorder link?[/QUOTE]

No link, but the general rule of thumb is 30% off the MSRP, at least at Amazon.

[quote name='kidkash03']Only ~$28 for the Bat Cowl edition? I'm in.[/QUOTE]

That sounds too good to be true. I'm sure it will be that cheap very shorty, but probably not day 1. I really really hope I'm wrong though.

I'd be all over it for $28. The $39.99 price seems reasonable also. I watched the film 4 times in IMAX and 1 time in DBOX. My cheapass sensibilities probably won't apply to this purchase.

[quote name='frpilot']Although I didn’t upgrade to steelbook, I bought the first 2 movies in steelbook form during bestbuy’s upgrade and save deal. (These are the only steelbooks I intend to have since I don’t want half my collection to be half steelbook and half regular blue cases.) I need bestbuy to have an exclusive steelbook for the third movie too.[/QUOTE]
- Same thing I did. With $5 movie cash and the U&S program, the Batman steelbooks were an easy decision. Now I'm hoping that they have the last movie available as a steelbook.

I'm trying to avoid a steelbook addiction, but some of them look great. Just bought the Avengers MetalBox and Cinderella MetalBox. :)

[quote name='merchie89']1/200,000,000.....[/QUOTE]

Um, looks like it has 30,000 printed right there on the box if you look at the picture closely.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']That sounds too good to be true. I'm sure it will be that cheap very shorty, but probably not day 1. I really really hope I'm wrong though.

I'd be all over it for $28. The $39.99 price seems reasonable also. I watched the film 4 times in IMAX and 1 time in DBOX. My cheapass sensibilities probably won't apply to this purchase.[/QUOTE]

It's up on Amazon now for $28 :)

http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Knight-R...8&qid=1349108371&sr=1-1&keywords=cowl+edition

[quote name='shrike4242']*schwing*

Nice find. It says pre-sell in the item title, so it might be a pre-sell steelbook bonus and not the movie item itself. Since it says $34.99 for the price, could be a non-pre-order item.

We'll probably know more by the end of next month, if not sooner.[/QUOTE]

I hope so that would be really nice if it could be scored for $7.50.

bread's done
Back