Dark Messiah: Might and Magic Elements $18.99 + FS (360)

[quote name='Masterkyo']Any good for this game!!! Nintendo, EGM and Game Pro have different reviews. BAD & GOOD ??[/QUOTE]

EGM gave it a seven or so (if i recall correctly), noting it was a bit shallow in terms of character/class creation. I'll probably bite at this price.

[quote name='foxdvd']Tax? No tax for me....[/quote]

Well I guess then it's only for Illinois people as we have actual deep discount stores.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Wow, didn't this just come out like three months ago?[/quote]
Oh yeah. This sucker is pretty damn new.

For all considering buying it, I'd actually say it didn't make the transition from PC to 360 all that well. I LOVED this game on the PC, despite its flaws, and while I enjoyed what little touch-ups they did, I think the loss of the freely selectable skill trees hurts the game.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Oh yeah. This sucker is pretty damn new.

For all considering buying it, I'd actually say it didn't make the transition from PC to 360 all that well. I LOVED this game on the PC, despite its flaws, and while I enjoyed what little touch-ups they did, I think the loss of the freely selectable skill trees hurts the game.[/QUOTE]

I agree there, the PC version is definitely better. The ability to choose your own skills really made the game what it is. It just feels far too generic and linear having a single upgrade path for your character to follow.

Still, $19 is pretty darn cheap...the game must have sold pretty horribly. And now that downloadable content pack that was released before the game was even out costs over a quarter of what the game itself does :p

I really want this game to be good, but I'm reading some terrible reviews that always compare it to the PC version.

If I've never played the PC version, will I enjoy it on the 360?

Heh, I just bought this game today at GS for ~$24. Guess I'll keep my copy for a few days and return and wait for this one to arrive.

You guys should really check out the demo on the 360. I felt it was an alright game playing the demo, but it wasn't really my type of game.

[quote name='kevzik']OOS/Back ordered...No way with DD.[/quote]

I orderd this at the begining of last week from them and they had a back order then. It shipped two days ago. I don't mind the wait for a decent deal.

[quote name='ncibob']I orderd this at the begining of last week from them and they had a back order then. It shipped two days ago. I don't mind the wait for a decent deal.[/quote]

That is good news because you will be waiting. For kicks, let us know the total days waited.

I just got done playing this. I did not like this game at all. The game it reminded me the most of was Eragon. I don't like the comparisons some people have been giving to Two Worlds and Oblivion because this game is not an RPG. It is a crappy fantasy themed FPS with a bad frame rate and many, many poor design and gameplay choices. Of the 97 Xbox 360 Games I've played Monster Madness was the only game I liked less than this one.

[quote name='jkanownik']I just got done playing this. I did not like this game at all. The game it reminded me the most of was Eragon. I don't like the comparisons some people have been giving to Two Worlds and Oblivion because this game is not an RPG. It is a crappy fantasy themed FPS with a bad frame rate and many, many poor design and gameplay choices. Of the 97 Xbox 360 Games I've played Monster Madness was the only game I liked less than this one.[/quote]

thanks, that pretty much sums up the game for me... thanks op for the info, but i'm gonna pass.

^^
Don't ya hate how games that sound cool end up sucking? A fantasy FPS coulda been awesome, if it turned out good. Same for Monster Madness that you mentioned. It could have been like a new Zombies Ate My Neighbors, but nope, the devs had other plans. :(

Still, I tried the demo of this, and I'd probably pick it up for $15 or less. Easily a try-before-buy kind of game.

The fun is using the stuff around you to kill your enemies (ie. kicking them into spikes, into fire, off ledges, and breaking columns to kill the foe by dropping stuff on their head.

Its a touched up version of the PC game that came out 2 years ago and it wasn't really impressive looking on PC back then.

[quote name='kevzik']That is good news because you will be waiting. For kicks, let us know the total days waited.[/quote]

I ordered FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage (360) when that dropped to 18.99 about a month ago. That was back ordered too and that took them 9 days to get it to me. I don't consider that to be to bad.

bread's done
Back