Dark Sector Available for $8 at New Egg FS

I'm willing to buy almost anything but shovelware new for $7 shipped, and considering this has a respectable 72 on metacritic, I may well bite.

FYI, this is what Blockbuster sells a used copy for (although they should still be running the B1G1 promotion, so technically you could get it for $3.50 if you can pair it with another $6.99 game).

On a side note, has anyone ever seen a game plummet in value like this one? I mean it was released in March of last year, and it's now hit $6.99 for a new copy. I've seen some big drops on some Ubisoft titles, but nothing like this. What makes this even more confusing are the generally good reviews on the game. Maybe it's just too generic in a sea of FPSes.

This is actually a very fun game. I finished it just a couple of months ago and enjoyed it a lot- especially the last few stages. The story is bare-bones and just there to hold things together but the gameplay is pretty solid; very similar to Gears of War. Cutting generic soldiers up with your spinning blade o'doom is satisifying and the gunplay is good too. Just be sure to set your blade's aftertouch feature to the right stick instead of the sixaxis to avoid some frustration :) Compared to all the other $10 crap we see around here Dark Sector is a no-brainer at $7.

I felt a little more like a blend of 3rd and 1st person. I liked the PS3 version and felt it is well worth it for sub-$10 (not sure of current online community).

bought this from newegg a couple weeks ago, still haven't opened it (thanks red faction and battlefield 43). reviews seem good for a sub $10 game :)

[quote name='Chadt74']I felt a little more like a blend of 3rd and 1st person. I liked the PS3 version and felt it is well worth it for sub-$10 (not sure of current online community).[/QUOTE]

I have this for the ps3 as well. Very enjoyable game ONCE you turn off the sixaxis controls. That shouldn't be a problem on the 360 obviously.

Yeah the story is kind of barebones. But it's a action game. You kills things. Other times you kill things in a gruesome manner.

I like it...I purchased it for $10 at Gamestop a while back. I think its very underrated. The story lacks but the game play is there. The controls are also very solid.

This is quite possibly one of the saddest price stories I have seen for a game ever. This game was in development for the longest time, and it hit the sub-10 price in the blink of an eye.

This is actually a fantastic game. I'm not sure why it didn't get embraced better. Just beat it a couple months back and was incredibly happy with it when I bought it for $10. If you even kind of like shooters, this is a must own. I'm serious. I really think it's that good.

bread's done
Back