Dark Sector (Xbox 360) $6.65 @ Amazon

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've had the game about 2-3 times already and I couldn't stand it beyond maybe an hour or two.[/QUOTE]
Same here

I actually still have it from the last time I picked it up from Kmart. If not for it being $5 there I doubt I would've picked it up more than once. But it does make a decent filler for some promos at Gamestop when I'm looking for an extra game to bump up to another tier.

LOL this game is so notorious for being cheap.

I got the PS3 version for $9 a year or 2 ago and it's still in the wrapping. The demo was pretty sweet, and I think everyone agrees it's a decent game too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I actually still have it from the last time I picked it up from Kmart. If not for it being $5 there I doubt I would've picked it up more than once. But it does make a decent filler for some promos at Gamestop when I'm looking for an extra game to bump up to another tier.[/QUOTE]
I was going to ask you how you justified buying it more than once. I've bought absolutely shitty games as filler, just because they were significantly cheaper and put me the closest to price to qualify for promotions. I figured, at best I was getting a new case.

Though, this game qualifies as worth five dollars (mine was $4.38) to keep, IMO. It's like having a condiment to spice things up but as a video game. I have it so I don't regret not having it if I ever want to play it. :lol:

I don't know what's preventing me from playing this game, but after an hour or two I never came back for the game.
I bought this for $4.99 on Amazon a while back and actually it wasn't worth the price in my opinion.
The game is not bad, but I just can't go and continue playing.

This one sucks, it is a gears of war wanna be, but if you have played gears of war this one will disappoint. I will buy it if it is $2.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']There should be a forum ban on posting deals for this game or Bionic Commando. They are so whored out.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Bionic Commando for $6 about a year ago and had a blast with it. The swinging mechanics are awesome.

Got Dark Sector cheap but haven't got around to playing it yet.

I originally passed by this game as it collected dust on the local Targets clearance. After listening to CheapyD talk about how he rather play this than the last RE game I decided to spend the $9.98. I really enjoyed the game and wish they could do a sequel (if they improved some things). The boss characters didn't make any sense but it was the game that started me clearance game hoarding. My that's not a good thing.....just get the game!

Ive had this game in the wrapper for a good time now(i had bought it i think off newegg for about this price i believe) and plan to eventually play it on a rainy day when I feel like something new and dont have any other games to play.. For some reason Ive been delaying it.

This is one of the most underrated games I've played in the last couple years. I had a blast with it, and would recommend it to anyone for $15 and below. I was really blown away. I played this and The Darkness back to back, and absolutely loved them.

[quote name='berzirk']This is one of the most underrated games I've played in the last couple years. I had a blast with it, and would recommend it to anyone for $15 and below. I was really blown away. I played this and The Darkness back to back, and absolutely loved them.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. Especially once you power up the Glaive and Shotgun, you really feel like a badass.

IMO, Dark Sector is the very definition of a "B" game. It does a lot of things well but is marred by bad game design choices (infinite spawning enemies on certain areas, generic backgrounds, etc) and a bad story. It also doesn't pick up until you get some of the better Glaive powers, which is about half-way through the game.

With that said, I've bought this game for cheap twice now (used as trade fodder before) and I've never regret the purchase.

[quote name='malio']I got this for like $4.50 including shipping off Ebay, and I still over-payed.[/QUOTE]

You have lied. Haa haa. Great game, seriously.

[quote name='malio']I got this for like $4.50 including shipping off Ebay, and I still over-payed.[/QUOTE]Did you play more than just the first chapter? For your gamer profile it looks like you didn't really get into the game that much before making this judgment.

[quote name='foxhunt99']This one sucks, it is a gears of war wanna be, but if you have played gears of war this one will disappoint. I will buy it if it is $2.[/QUOTE]

Yea, all cover-based shooters are Gears of War "wannabes" right?

The glaive, leveling up and environmentally augmented weapons, after-touch, enemy types, and enemy weapons that explode in your hands are just like Gears of War . . . oh let's not forget those squad-mates of yours in Dark Sector- they just as annoying as the ones Gears' too.
:roll:

It's shame the gameplay doesn't really hit full stride until the about 1/3 mark, maybe then people would have played far enough into it to comment on it accurately.

Ignore the naysayers, this game is good fun especially at these prices.

bread's done
Back