Dark Shadows Complete Deluxe Edition 1/2500 set $279.00 today only!

Under "Editorial Reviews." It says:
NOTE: This Deluxe Edition (a second printing) is not serialized and does not include a signed postcard by Jonathan Frid (Barnabas Collins).

So looks like they made a new batch without #'s?

[quote name='toocool17']Under "Editorial Reviews." It says:
NOTE: This Deluxe Edition (a second printing) is not serialized and does not include a signed postcard by Jonathan Frid (Barnabas Collins).

So looks like they made a new batch without #'s?[/QUOTE]

Oops. sorry about that and thanks for catching this.

Still a great deal for the set IMO though

It's a show from 1960's... I would almost guarantee it does not hold up in entertainment value to any sort of standards we have, in our minds, today. This set will live on nostalgia alone, to the people who did watch it, but for those who haven't, don't do it! This has buyer's remorse written in big bold/italicized/underlined marks written all over it.

[quote name='Capocci 007']Upwards of $250 for a TV series is a lot of money. It's also one from 1960 which I've never heard of.[/QUOTE]

It has 131 discs, 1,225 episodes, and 470 hours of content, Plus a bunch of extras. $280 is not a bad deal at all. If we're breaking it down per episode, that's about $0.23 a show. You'd be hard pressed to find many DVD sets that break down that cheap

[quote name='Darknuke']It's a show from 1960's... I would almost guarantee it does not hold up in entertainment value to any sort of standards we have, in our minds, today. This set will live on nostalgia alone, to the people who did watch it, but for those who haven't, don't do it! This has buyer's remorse written in big bold/italicized/underlined marks written all over it.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt there are many who haven't watched it that would blindly plunk down $280 for it. This is obviously geared towards fans of the series, and as such, I doubt many would be disappointed with this set or price.

[quote name='Darknuke']It's a show from 1960's... I would almost guarantee it does not hold up in entertainment value to any sort of standards we have, in our minds, today. This set will live on nostalgia alone, to the people who did watch it, but for those who haven't, don't do it! This has buyer's remorse written in big bold/italicized/underlined marks written all over it.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Yeah, because shows and movies coming out today are SOOO much better and "up to our standards." Maybe yours. Let me guess, you never even watched Dark Shadows.

This show was so much better than the shit being churned out today, back when there was real imagination and actual character development infused in entertainment. It's ignorant and pretentious to think that "just because a show was from the '60s" that it's of lesser value. It's that kind of ignorant dipshit thinking and pretentious bullshit that leads to all these moronic remakes and reboots. Just try to convince anyone with half a brain that The Munsters (oops, another 'inferior' '60s show) is not superior to the standards of that asinine Mockingbird Lane reboot that's coming out this month.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']Wow. Yeah, because shows and movies coming out today are SOOO much better and "up to our standards." Maybe yours. Let me guess, you never even watched Dark Shadows.

This show was so much better than the shit being churned out today, back when there was real imagination and actual character development infused in entertainment. It's ignorant and pretentious to think that "just because a show was from the '60s" that it's of lesser value. It's that kind of ignorant dipshit thinking and pretentious bullshit that leads to all these moronic remakes and reboots. Just try to convince anyone with half a brain that The Munsters (oops, another 'inferior' '60s show) is not superior to the standards of that asinine Mockingbird Lane reboot that's coming out this month.[/QUOTE]

^
:applause:

bread's done
Back