Dark Souls 39.99 (Xbox)

Great game, good price but its been this price at BB before. Definitely worth it for this rpice but can be had for cheaper

I see it as 39.99 through Amazon for Xbox 360. And while it is that same price for PS3, it is only through another e-tailer, which does not offer prime. Otherwise Amazon still has it for $49 for PS3.:( Only 10 left though, and a high rated seller, so I might have to bite.

Bought this one day one at full price and it was so worth it. My personal game of the year if not of this console generation.

[quote name='Baldur']I see it as 39.99 through Amazon for Xbox 360. And while it is that same price for PS3, it is only through another e-tailer, which does not offer prime. Otherwise Amazon still has it for $49 for PS3.:( Only 10 left though, and a high rated seller, so I might have to bite.[/QUOTE]

I imagine that Amazon proper will adjust their list price to $39.99 today, too.

Just as soon as their web programmer rolls out of bed.

Excellent price. I paid 60 for the collectors edition which was a bunch of throwaway stuff but still satisfied with purchase. Got well over 250 hours and counting out of it

Yeah, just got off the phone with Amazon customer support. Basically the promo is for Xbox 360 through Amazon only, especially if you want prime. The PS3 pricing for Amazon was not an error - only the other seller is offering that copy for $39, and Amazon is not.

:(

Good news though, 360 copy dropped a few bucks... now sitting at 36.99.

Can someone tell me how to beat the end guy without that parrying crap, which I cant seem to learn how to do effectively, lol? I heard he's easy with magic but I made mostly a warrior build at about level 92 or so.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Can someone tell me how to beat the end guy without that parrying crap, which I cant seem to learn how to do effectively, lol? I heard he's easy with magic but I made mostly a warrior build at about level 92 or so.[/QUOTE]

Block the first hit and parry the second. The timing is much easier on the second strike.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Block the first hit and parry the second. The timing is much easier on the second strike.[/QUOTE]

I love this game but you don't understand how much I suck at parrying. I can barely successfully parry one of the idiots at the very beginning of the game.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Can someone tell me how to beat the end guy without that parrying crap, which I cant seem to learn how to do effectively, lol? I heard he's easy with magic but I made mostly a warrior build at about level 92 or so.[/QUOTE]

Get a powerful shield forged. Once I did that wasn't bad.

[quote name='CGlade']Get a powerful shield forged. Once I did that wasn't bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have a pretty damn powerful shield, I level up so I could pretty much carry anything and have a shield that protects 100% against physical damage.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I love this game but you don't understand how much I suck at parrying. I can barely successfully parry one of the idiots at the very beginning of the game.[/QUOTE]

I sucked at parrying him too at first, but it's easy to learn. Also, I had a +5 Black Knight Shield so that might have helped with the blocking. Anyways, block the first hit, and when he goes for the second hit, hit the parry button as his sword is coming towards you.

Or you could summon some people to help you.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Yeah I have a pretty damn powerful shield, I level up so I could pretty much carry anything and have a shield that protects 100% against physical damage.[/QUOTE]

I used a +10 Tower Shield.

Definitely in my top five games this year, maybe even higher. Definitely the only game that really made me jump for joy once I got past a certain boss/area. It's a punishing game but forces you to learn the game mechanics. Worth the money at any price to me.

Xbox version is showing up as $36.99 for me. Definitely tempting as I've wanted to try this game... but I've really got more than enough to play already. Will hold off a bit longer, I think.

[quote name='CGlade']I used a +10 Tower Shield.[/QUOTE]

I spent some time farming to get my strength up to 50 so i can now wield Havels great shield...which among other great stats has 90 percent resistance to magic. In NG+ i was taking full direct shots from moonlight butterfly and barely lost any life.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I heard he's easy with magic[/QUOTE]
Uhh no, it's the complete opposite of Demons' Souls where magic reigned supreme against bosses. Now they simply get their asses reamed hard while melee users can come out with just scratches most of the time.

Target has this price as well, so again, it must be universal. Since I still haven't played Demon Souls too much yet, I will hold off and snag this when I can get it for around 20-25. It looks like a damn good game though.

bread's done
Back