Dark Souls $49.99 PS3 / XBOX

Tried to test if the 360 version was still part of B2G1 but by the time I went to checkout Amazon has already raised the price back up to $56.79.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Kmart have it for $39.99 this week. Check out KMART AD :)[/QUOTE]
I already submitted the PM to Amazon to hopefully get em to knock another $10 off this game to match.;)

fact: the game is so motherfucking hard that few people are buying it like demons souls.

therefore, the huge inventory of dark souls will be up for sale on amazon BF lightning deals. guaranteed.

The game is hard, but the level of difficulty in boss battles is refreshing compared to the lackluster difficulty of boss battles in other games.

When you fight a boss that is 100 times bigger than you, he is going to hit you like he is 100 times bigger than you.

Despite the difficulty I am thoroughly enjoying the game but I also think it will lower in price once other big releases are out.

[quote name='antlp89']The game is hard, but the level of difficulty in boss battles is refreshing compared to the lackluster difficulty of boss battles in other games.

When you fight a boss that is 100 times bigger than you, he is going to hit you like he is 100 times bigger than you.

Despite the difficulty I am thoroughly enjoying the game but I also think it will lower in price once other big releases are out.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to hear that man. I really enjoyed Demon's Souls! I can't wait to play this.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

I guess this makes me pretty confident that the game will be available for 20 dollars new in a year or so.

I just hope this one doesn't have MISSABLE GECKOS filled witn needed crafting materials.

[quote name='Gourd']Thanks for the heads up OP.

I guess this makes me pretty confident that the game will be available for 20 dollars new in a year or so.

I just hope this one doesn't have MISSABLE GECKOS filled witn needed crafting materials.[/QUOTE]

Every regular game released already will be available in a year for $20.

[quote name='confoosious']Every regular game released already will be available in a year for $20.[/QUOTE]

And is this a regular game? I ask, because I don't want you immediately change your stance when I ask the following:

Heavy Rain? Which, according to Camelcamelcamel.com, has sat at well over 20 dollars for a very long time, and whose greatest hits version retailed at 29.99?

Every niche game out there, in a year, is selling for 20 dollars?

Various Atlus games?

Anyway, I'm just glad to see some sort of fall in the price.

Camelcamelcamel doesn't cover every single retailer out there.

Also, I added "regular" specifically for the people who'd be like "well, Metroid Prime Trilogy is $90."

Dark Souls is a regular game just like any other game. I bought it at close to full price cause I wanted to play it but it (just like Batman Arkham City) will be $20 at some point somewhere in a year.

The only question is which platform to get it for. I beat Demon's Souls and didn't really mind the controls, but I'm wondering if it plays better on the 360 controller.

^ get the PS3 version

[quote name='Gourd']I guess this makes me pretty confident that the game will be available for 20 dollars new in a year or so.

I just hope this one doesn't have MISSABLE GECKOS filled witn needed crafting materials.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure any game will have a substantial price drop in a YEAR. Not including CoD crap.

And yes, there are plenty of single spawn geckos in the game. They're far from necessary, though. Just like it was in Demon's.

Excellent game at any price. 100+ hours in my character on NG+. Will stop playing it for a while so I can play it properly once the patch fixes stuff.

[quote name='zanbeak']fact: the game is so motherfucking hard that few people are buying it like demons souls.

therefore, the huge inventory of dark souls will be up for sale on amazon BF lightning deals. guaranteed.[/QUOTE]
This is the problem with games nowadays, in that they have babied gamers so much that when a title with a noticeable learning curve or level of difficulty comes out it's passed off as 'teh hardz'.

If you take your time, learn where the enemies are, don't run in all willy nilly and remember to BLOCK(something I forgot time and again in Demon's Souls) then you should have no problems playing Dark Souls.

But if you're used to games with unlimited respawns with no noticeable penalties for dying 1000x, then Demon's Souls/Dark Souls is NOT for you.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']This is the problem with games nowadays, in that they have babied gamers so much that when a title with a noticeable learning curve or level of difficulty comes out it's passed off as 'teh hardz'.

If you take your time, learn where the enemies are, don't run in all willy nilly and remember to BLOCK(something I forgot time and again in Demon's Souls) then you should have no problems playing Dark Souls.

But if you're used to games with unlimited respawns with no noticeable penalties for dying 1000x, then Demon's Souls/Dark Souls is NOT for you.[/QUOTE]

This game will challenge the hell out of you. The first boss killed me like 4X before I figured out what to do. It was definitely satisfying to conquer him. With that being said, the right kind of person has to play this game. Most games will hold your hand thought it. This game doesn't do that at all.

[quote name='mac101010']The only question is which platform to get it for. I beat Demon's Souls and didn't really mind the controls, but I'm wondering if it plays better on the 360 controller.[/QUOTE]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-dark-souls-face-off

"Tie as neither can definitively claim to have an absolute edge when it comes down to controller preference or the PS3's version larger range of supported audio formats."

if the game was actually as difficult as people made it sound, CAGs wouldn't be finishing it.

anyone can beat a Souls game with a bit of patience. the dodge roll is a rather simple thing to execute.

[quote name='mac101010']The only question is which platform to get it for. I beat Demon's Souls and didn't really mind the controls, but I'm wondering if it plays better on the 360 controller.[/QUOTE]

I think the controls are harder on the 360. The small bumpers are your block and quick attack. I can't get used to using them on the 360. Most my 360 games don't use them at all, but the larger bumpers on the PS3 are so much better. I finished Demon Souls on the PS3, but scored a used copy of Dark Souls on the 360 for $30 so I couldn't pass it up. I would go PS3 all the way if I could turn back time. I was going to trade it in for the PS3 version, but Amazon trade in value is like $11, so I will stick with it. Still the most challenging RPG out there and solid.

Currently playing this, it's damn hard just like demon souls. There are points in the game where you'll end up falling 20 ft high and you'll get the game over screen.

[quote name='zanbeak']fact: the game is so motherfucking hard that few people are buying it like demons souls.

therefore, the huge inventory of dark souls will be up for sale on amazon BF lightning deals. guaranteed.[/QUOTE]
Fact: you're an idiot.

[quote name='Gourd']Thanks for the heads up OP.

You'll be happy to know, each Gecko now only spawns once per playthrough, BUT if it burrows into the ground it doesn't disappear forever, you just have to reload your game and it will be available again.

The new "gecko" (IMO) is enemies which don't respawn that have rare drops that don't always drop like the sack helmet off of the butcher's in the Depths.

Also for those wondering Xbox 360 vs. PS3, you should also be thinking of available player base for coop and messages, not just graphical performance. It's not a very scientific measure of the ratio of the split, but the Xbox 360 thread on CAG is 4 pages vs. the PS3 one which is 64 pages.

[quote name='confoosious']It's not? It was this morning.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Moravagine']Tried to test if the 360 version was still part of B2G1 but by the time I went to checkout Amazon has already raised the price back up to $56.79.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version is still part of the Amazon B2G1; the PS3 ver. isn't but that's likely due to that being on sale already for $50. I hope Let's all hope Amazon matches Kmart and it hits $40...

[quote name='Asperatus']The 360 version is still part of the Amazon B2G1; the PS3 ver. isn't but that's likely due to that being on sale already for $50. I hope Let's all hope Amazon matches Kmart and it hits $40...[/QUOTE]

That's funny--only the 360 version is available in the Amazon deal, and only the PS3 version is reduced at Kmart.

A sad kind of funny.

[quote name='Class']That's funny--only the 360 version is available in the Amazon deal, and only the PS3 version is reduced at Kmart.

A sad kind of funny.[/QUOTE]

Bought Dark Souls at K-Mart in Santa Ana, CA yesterday at the 39.99 price. It wasn't a special exception, it was advertised as such. I was holding off for an Amazon Warehouse Deal but this game is too good.

[quote name='astr0boy']Bought Dark Souls at K-Mart in Santa Ana, CA yesterday at the 39.99 price. It wasn't a special exception, it was advertised as such. I was holding off for an Amazon Warehouse Deal but this game is too good.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version? I've heard issues of people trying to get it for 40 at Kmart, and since mine is so far away, I want to confirm before I drive out to get it.

[quote name='k04sm02']The 360 version? I've heard issues of people trying to get it for 40 at Kmart, and since mine is so far away, I want to confirm before I drive out to get it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah for 360. When I get home I'll post a picture of my receipt. For what its worth its also advertised at that price online (screenshot appended)

http://imgur.com/YUHI0
Note: Also for XBOX 360.

id say ps3, as of the remnants of demons souls players are there.

the game imo is better than DS1, but golly wallers the multiplayer is a mess in this one. ive only had 1 multiplayer session this whole time (albeit i dont have much time to play it)

bread's done
Back